Crazy Superstitions

Hey guys! :smiley:

I’m constantly running old world dungeons for mount drops and mogs, and I always have some of the craziest superstitions when it comes to if a particular item will drop or not. For instance in Vortex Pinnacle i have a superstition that something has a higher drop rate change depending on if the pack of three mobs after you get down the first ramp towards the 1st boss includes either 2 Gust Soldiers or 2 Wild Vortexs along with the single Cloud Prince.

While I know it’s not true; it’s always fun to have a superstition!

What’s your Crazy Superstition pertaining to WoW?

3 Likes

I’ll never get anything I want in this game, if I want it.

I have to pretend I don’t want something for it to actually drop.

43 Likes

I just walk into a dungeon or raid and start killing if it drops great if not oh well try next week.

1 Like

Not really game related, but when I have my annual simulator check I always get a Dr Pepper in a plastic bottle from the vending machine even when it’s 4am CST. I figure the sugar and caffeine boost my alertness.

1 Like

If I watch the Arthas cinematic fully, he’ll actually drop Invincible.

18 Likes

If you hope for it, it will not drop.

Only when you have lost all hope, will it drop.

13 Likes

Lucky companion pet must be summoned.

And the weird part of it is – I’m not sure which pet is my lucky one.

22 Likes

Yep same. Always hoping for Invincible or Mimirion’s Head to drop but they never do :disappointed: :sob:

2 Likes

The second I leave my camping spot or my computer is when the rare hunter pet will spawn.

12 Likes

If you ever have the urge to run a dungeon or raid you normally don’t, act on that urge. Something good usually seems to happen.

I believe it was in WoD but I ran Onyxia for the first time in ages and got the mount.

Same thing happened with the Flametalon in Firelands. And then I randomly ran it one day with a friend and she got it.

8 Likes

Yep… so tired of low drop percentages in content from 10+ years ago…

4 Likes

Back in the day… during vanilla… I was one of those people who believed in all that crazy stuff you had to do to obtain Ashbringer. The funny thing is, they made all that crazy stuff into the hidden artifact skin for Ashbringer in Legion.

But man oh man. I was on a mission to collect the different books for nat pagel, the head of nefarian, etc. I wanted to walk into SM and have that special dialogue pop up where all the mobs were friendly and wouldn’t attack me.

I wanted to believe so bad lol. I wanted Ashbringer!

5 Likes

Nothing works. Trying to attribute reason to RNG is the gateway to madness.

We’re just more desperate for clues now because more of the game relies on RNG. Need gear? Hope your emissary or weekly cache has those boots you need. Want a green parrot mount? Hope the random invading force on that random island randomly drops a random item to a random person and maybe it will be you.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to do Legion Kara 4 times before the portals go away tomorrow so I can either get or not get a drop from Huntsman that may or may not be Midnight.

9 Likes

I always say beforehand “I feel good about this run!”

Hey, it may or may not work, but I can say with confidence that every single mount drop I’ve gotten from a dungeon, I’ve stated “I feel good about this run!”

4 Likes

When my guild is getting close to killing a progression boss we all do “the ritual”. We all use our Gamon toy and spam the Soulwell so we have a constant animation of our hands being outstretched. Once we have done this for about 2 minutes we pull the boss. I doesn’t get us the kill per se, but it gets us amped up and is the best way to ensure our worst wipe of the night. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My biggest superstition would probably be involving transmog runs in Throne of Thunder. I spent about 200 runs between a few characters to farm some of the various ‘shared-loot’ drops, and the only one I was missing was the Greatsword of Frozen Hells, which I was farming to prep my Zandalari Pally for release with a beautiful full set of transmog. My superstition (and what seemed true on my final run) was that the more bosses that dropped shared loot weapons on their kills, the less like I would get that particular two-hander. The run that I got my greatsword on only had one shared-loot weapon drop from Jin’rokh the Breaker, and I got the greatsword off of the Twin Consorts. Most of my other runs I would get up to 5 shared-loot weapons, so I believe that is 100% the reason why I have that sweet tmog now. lol

3 Likes

I believe that a character’s RNG luck is determined at creation. Once created, you can never change it. Some characters have good RNG and get geared quickly. Others, like this one, have no RNG luck and never get drops.

I enter old content with the assumption that what I won’t will not drop. I am seldom surprised or disappointed.

3 Likes

LOL this actually happened to me in Hellfire runs trying to get Felsteel. The cinematic bugged out and I had to watch the entire thing, was super annoyed cause I had like 6 more runs to do :stuck_out_tongue: But lo’ and behold, the mount was on the boss.

Always watch the cinematic! hehe.

5 Likes

That’s one I agree with, though I think some characters can be lucky with specific aspects of the game and less lucky with others. I’ve had some of my alts get warforges/titanforges FAR more often than my main, but my main is more lucky with mount drops.

1 Like

Whatever superstition I was following that got me a drop won’t ever work again for another drop, so I have to always find a new one.

Any character that got a drop will never get another drop, but I still have to run them just in case.

If I pay any attention to the loot before I leave the instance, the drop I wanted will not be there.

2 Likes