12 Classes / 4 Covenants

Really? This is what you told me 5 mins ago. You told me that this is a balancing issue.

There is no issue in choosing a covenant. Choose the one you want. Done. Easy.

Its your own meta slave mindset making you thing your choice is made for you. And the solution to that is better balancing.

Try to remember your own arguments yeah?

The other issue : it’s super strong for Blood, it’s strong for Unholy, especially paired with Defile (making the other 2 talents on that row weaker), and it’s less strong for Frost since DnD is shadow damage and has no interaction with the Frost kit. So you’re not even getting the same level of usefulness accross the 3 specs.

1 Like

Everything will be buffed and nerfed causing the first or many months of the game to be terrible due to their inability to balance thoughout what 15 or 16 years. when they can just fix this now and literally everyone would be happy.

People who like the constant buffing and nerfing of things like corruptions and artifact power and essences is okay should get a stern talking to. There should be no need to repeatedly nerf/buff these things to attempt to balance and fail every time.

1 Like

Then don’t be a meta slave.

3 Likes

There is when the abilities are not balanced!

Blizzard is making their job, MY problem. Since they can’t do their job in balancing their game it now affects MY covenant choice.

1 Like

There is no ‘we’. Shadowlands is not a group design exercise.
There is no situation. Everything is playable.
There is no need for Blizzard to compromise their vision and they have made it clear they are not going to in the following words:

Quote from https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371
Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view.

So you need to move to the acceptance stage because the anger and bargining stage has gotten real old!

1 Like

“Then don’t pick things that are mathematically overwhelming” doesn’t work in a game that’s designed more as a math simulator than a game.

The onus is on Blizzard to not make the choices so unbalanced if they want people to pick for reasons other than sheer power.

2 Likes

So does having class abilities as talents ruin your immersion and fun as a casual? Again, everything else can remain.

1 Like

This is true, but also applies to classes and specs as well.

And has been going on for 16 straight years.

Not sure if that is your main Sonechka, but looking at your profile you do little to nothing on that character and looks like you wont be caring wtf matters in this game and will pick what looks pretty in terms of abilities as it wont pertain to your gameplay.

Others who do want to boost their character and push the limites of their abilities see this as a probelm. As many people stated before it will not affect casual players who dont do forms of content so they should not have a problem with changing it.

1 Like

Will Blizzard also have to move to the acceptance stage once subs plummet again after launch ? What about when people stop believing and stop coming back ?

At some point, they are going to run out of good will and WoW is just going to die. Some of us love the game and don’t want that, and that’s why we don’t want Blizzard to make the same mistake for the 3rd time now.

1 Like

Exactly. Why add more stress to balancing. I dont understand. Regular class balance is so hard for Blizz as it is. Why make it worse?

1 Like

Some people feel “balance” is relatively far down the list of what makes a game enjoyable.

See classic or the soon to come anticipated TBC.

Others do not.

Most are probably indifferent.

Who knows.

1 Like

‘No game, you adapt to me. I am the purveyor of fun, now. Not you.’

So cringe watching meta slaves in action.

Sounds like you’re the one who can’t adapt to the game. I can adapt just fine. Since all content in the game and all progression is math based, I make my choices math based.

There’s meta, where 1 spec is 2-3% above another, and then there’s Death’s Due, where that pick is 100% above others because of its design alone.

2 Likes

The whopping 80% of end game content will not be affected by this change. Most of the people it will affect are Pug Heroes and Meta Slaves, which sounds pretty great if you think about it.

I enjoy Classic and would be super excited for TBC but in my honest opinion, Vanilla/classic bring very unique class design and could have been balanced but it was more an all out war in vanilla balance wasnt super concerning.

TBC I though was fairly okay. PVP specific gear you could use in PVE but not very effectlively and vice versa minus warglaives in arena of course.

I think the earlier in the game we were the closer to balance we were and the last 3 xpacs have thrown balance completely out with the addition on 8 million different other systems to balance. In my opinion it just doesnt make sense.

1 Like

You know if they made it a talent row people would still complain, as well as one would be better and never looked at for the rest of the expansion. This way atleast they will look at them.

Everyone goes cookie cutter if they are trying to min max.

Well is it a balancing issue or not? You are being pretty inconsistent.

Making the abilities freely swappable does nothing to fix the balancing issues.

You can already choose which ever covenant you want. When you log in on October 27th its not gunna pop up and say “You’ve been assigned Kyrian”.

Any roadblocks you put up are related to your own meta mind set and balancing issues. Not to the fact they are tied to a specific covenant.

2 Likes

Most people are asking for the Covenants to be uncoupled with abilities.

Because we want to choose the Covenant we want. We don’t want math to pick the Covenant we need to have.

2 Likes