1/19 tuning

I thought simply added x amount Chaos damage, not converted it.

1 Like

Forreal that was the first thing I realized…so warlocks are literally going to be immortal between stamina and armor increase? Like what?

2 Likes

Apparently. :dracthyr_yay_animated: Woo.

1 Like

Nope. You can see in the tooltip that first blood and blade dance start the same, as the tooltip for first blood includes the initial damage of blade dance. Against the primary target however, first blood converts blade dance into chaos damage (increased by mastery) and confers a 95% damage bonus on top. Only the aoe portion remains physical.

This is the tooltip of blade dance with first blood and mastery, noting 1.144 is just base mastery and would be replaced by whatever your mastery value is.

3 Likes

was going off wowhead cause I wasn’t logged into my toon. Apologies.

1 Like

Who is it giving them this feedback? It’s definitely not the players lol

6 Likes

All those tooltips are from wowhead.

1 Like

The “school” is physical but it deals chaos damage

Good changes.

srsly wtf bruh

1 Like

It only deals chaos damage against primary target when talented into first blood. It’s baseline physical damage

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think it’s asking too much, but maybe un-nerf boomy frenzied regen to bring it up to feral levels now that armor is going to be nerfed. Less passive tankiness, more active/preemptive mitigation.

Isn’t it always chaos in meta form

1 Like

Frenzied regen was not nerfed as boomy like it was for feral. Frenzied regen itself has a ~37% pvp reduction, but feral druids have a 20% reduction to frenzied regeneration countered by a 25% bonus to frenzied regeneration that is not applied to pvp as part of their hidden passive, effectively making it a 20% reduction in pvp on top of the original 37% reduction.

No. Death sweep behaves the same as blade dance, in that it is purely physical damage unless talented into first blood, and then chaos damage against the primary target only.

3 Likes

Ah I see. So what is the net outcome? Frenzied regen for both specs outside of PVP currently says 32% heal. In PVP it’s says 20% for boomy, and 16% for feral. Does that mean feral is only going to go up to a ~20% heal in line with boomy?

Without getting on my druid to test, I’m assuming this:
Outside of pvp for boomy it will say 32%, but feral will say 32% as it is buffed 25%. In pvp, this is reduced to 20% for boomy and 20% for feral. Post patch, it will instead be 25% for feral.

After getting on the feral, I found a second effect as part of the hidden passive that is a 20% reduction to frenzied regen to counter that 25% bonus, so in pve its net neutral and in pvp its a flat 20% reduction. So yes, you were right in that it would go from 16% to 20% to match what boomy has.

1 Like

So in conclusion add a 5% buff to boomy’s regen in PVP! :smiley:

But thanks, you always have good insight with the many modifiers and translating what the percentages actually mean in the patch notes.

I need to do more research on this one, numbers don’t add up in testing

Destro? try Demo. Its going to be disgusting.

1 Like

6 Likes