WoW Hotfixes – Updated May 27

As long as a main on the Acct has reached honored and bought the Unity Scroll all toons on that acct can make the any slot Unity Legendary All you need do is run Torghast for Embers and Ash if they don’t have it. or take the 250 for 300 hit and transfer the missing currency from another character.

I am happy for the change.

I am pretty annoyed, disappointed, angered by the fact it’s not retroactive…

Keep making changes for the better Blizzard, please.

But I restate, I am really annoyed I skipped on an alt that is now my main… and am 2k rep behind now… Maybe I’ll open a ticket.

They also have 2 other dps options to play, both who are performing really well #2 + #3 in Mythic and both top 10 in Heroic.

Noone is saying other classes have issues, and if you look BM is getting a 3% overall damage increase and higher target cap in AoE.
Meanwhile Ret is the only dps option for Paladins and is forecer overlooked.

DK buffed, Rogue buffed, Warlock buffed, Shaman buffed, Hunter buffed, Druid buffed, Paladin…

Even if there were specs that were performing worse, which I did acknowledge in a previous post, they have options, and not only that but now they will have options and perform better.
These new changes will leave Ret Paladin and WW Monk possibly both as the out and out worst classes and specs for dps.

A new optional reagent, Vestige of the Devourers, is available on Vilo, the Enlightened Quartermaster for 6000 gold (requires Honored reputation). This optional reagent can be purchased by those who can craft legendary base items. It can be used with rank 1 recipes to upgrade them to rank 5, item level 249.

A bread crumb quest was hotfixed in earlier today to point players to Vilo, but there are a couple issues:

1. Vilo is not selling the new item. This was the case on every character of mine that satisfied the requirements for skill level / craft unlocks and reputation. Am I missing something here?

2. Why was my non-eligible alchemist able to see the new quest? Why potentially confuse players that this hotfix wasn’t made for?

1 Like

Saw the hotfix post to add in the forge to create tier gear. This should have been in the game from the begining of the patch or at the very least, when the second legendary was unlocked. This is so detrimental to your game, and you took a huge step back make the tier sets RNG based. Not to mention that the content you could get it from the most efficiently was the raid, and that makes an entire section of your community not want to play the game. Suggestion. If you are gating our conquest per week, why not add in the tier gear to the conquest vendor for conquest. Also, there should not be a cooldown for the forge to create tier gear, because there are already so many chads in the arena with 4 sets with a MASSIVE advantage over those who really dislike the raid content and choose no to participate. There should not be an unfair advantage to doing unrelated content to the content you are playing/farming. This seems pretty thoughtless of you guys, and Those of us that are left in the PVP community are looking for other games as copium now. Just food for thought.

1 Like

Hello! Here are today’s hotfixes and hotfixes that are coming with this week’s maintenance:

APRIL 4, 2022

Achievements

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Heart of Fear raid achievement I Heard You Like Amberfrom being able to be completed.

Classes

• Druid
    • Guardian
      • [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Architect’s Aligner damage and healing reduced by 35%.
        • Developers’ note: The performance of Architect’s Aligner has become an outlier amongst other tank tier set bonuses in both single- and multi-target situations. Due to this, with weekly maintenance we will be adjusting Architect’s Aligner to bring its performance closer to other bonuses. Thank you for the feedback and we will continue to watch the ongoing discussions across the community.
  • Mage
    • Fire
      • [With realm restarts] Fireball damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] Fire Blast damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] Pyroblast damage increased by 6%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] (2) Set Bonus: Increases the duration of Combustion by 4 seconds (was 2 seconds). This change does not apply to PvP combat.
  • Monk
    • Windwalker
      • [With realm restarts] Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] Blackout Kick damage increased by 10%.
      • [With realm restarts] Tiger Palm damage increased by 10%.
      • [With realm restarts] Fist of the White Tiger (Talent) damage increased by 10%.
        • Developers’ note: While Windwalker Monks shine in multitarget situations, we’re seeing their performance fall behind in single target scenarios, even after acquiring endgame gear. As a result, we’re targeting specific abilities with the goal of improving their single target output.
  • Paladin
    • Retribution
      • [With realm restarts] Divine Storm damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] Wake of Ashes damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] (2) Set Bonus: When you benefit from Art of War, you gain Seraphim for 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
  • Priest
    • Discipline
      • (2) Set Bonus: Fixed an issue where Manifested Twilight would remove a large amount of mana when used with Potion of Sacrificial Anima.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • [With realm restarts] Fan of Knives damage increased by 30%.
  • Warlock
    • Demonology
      • [With realm restarts] Demonic Consumption’s (Talent) now causes your Demon Commander to drain 12% of the life from your other demons (was 15%).
      • [With realm restarts] The haste generated from Implosive Potential (Runecarving Power) can now only benefit from a maximum of 15 imps from Implosion. The tooltip will reflect this change in a future patch.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
    • Anduin Wrynn
      • Resolved an issue that could cause Hopelessness to not properly trigger Blasphemy.
  • Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit
    • Timecap’n Hooktail
      • Corsair Brute health and melee damage reduced by 25%.
      • The effects of Double Time have been reduced by 50%.
      • Timecap’n Hooktail now delays the use of Hook Swipe momentarily after using Infinite Breath.
      • Hook’d damage reduced by 20%.
  • Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder
    • [With realm restarts] Adjusted the placement and composition of non-boss enemies in several locations. Total enemy forces required to complete the dungeon on Mythic+ difficulty has been reduced accordingly.
      • Developers’ note: We are aware of the length and difficulty of Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder, our changes aim to reduce the completion time of the dungeon and reduce the difficulty of several non-boss encounters.
    • Armored Overseer health reduced by 20%.
    • Overloaded Mailemental health reduced by 25%.
    • Overloaded Mailemental’s Expedited Zone persists for 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Carrying goods while in the market no longer prevents the holder from using abilities.
    • Veteran Sparkcaster’s Hyperlight Salvo damage reduced by 20%.
    • Reduced the total number of bolts fired by Veteran Sparkcaster’s Hyperlight Salvo.
    • Cartel Wiseguy’s Hyperlight Bolt damage reduced by 20%.
    • Cartel Skulker’s Quickblade damage reduced 40%.
    • Myza’s Oasis
      • Fixed an issue causing players to be able to leave the stage.

Items and Rewards

• Dominance Key drop rate has been Increased and now additional Mawsworn elites in the desert have a chance to drop the key. Certain desert elite encounters now also have a chance to drop the key at an even higher rate.

Player versus Player

• [With realm restarts] The value of the Magic shield provided by Cosmic Gladiator’s Eternal Aegis has been reduced by 33%.
    • Developers’ note: We’ve been monitoring the performance of our newly introduced PvP trinkets during Season 3 and their effect on the length of matches and have decided to adjust the effectiveness of the Cosmic Gladiator’s Eternal Aegis to bring it in line with other defensive trinket options. With weekly maintenance we’ll be reducing the Magic absorption provided by the trinket by 33%.
  • Druid
    • Guardian
      • [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Architect’s Aligner damage and healing reduced by 25% in PvP combat (was 50%).
  • Priest
    • Holy
      • [With realm restarts] Holy Ward’s (PvP Talent) cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds) and duration decreased to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
      • [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Divine Conversation’s effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
        • Developers’ note: We have been monitoring Holy Priest performance in rated PvP and will be adjusting the cooldown and duration of Holy Ward to increase interactivity with the talent while providing more counterplay opportunity for opponents. We will also be reducing the effectiveness of Divine Conversation while in PvP combat, as the throughput increase provided by the set bonus is more substantial than we would like. With weekly maintenance, we will be increasing Holy Ward’s cooldown to 45 seconds and decreasing its duration to 15 seconds and we will also be reducing the effectiveness of Divine Conversation by 40% in PvP Combat.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • (4) Set Bonus: Fixed an issue where Calamitous Crescendo would not trigger in PvP combat.
    • Demonology
      • [With realm restarts] Reduced the effectiveness of Decimating Bolt’s (Necrolord Ability) bonus damage to Demonbolt by 30% in PvP combat.
      • [With realm restarts] Shard of Annihilation (Runecarving Power) now increases the critical strike damage of Decimating Bolt by 35% in PvP combat (was 50%).

An outlier in damage. Which is all it really does. The healing is relatively minor and occurs at a time when a constant low stream of healing has very minor effect (i.e. during incarn bear is a extremely tanky and has frenzied regen on a 5s CD anyway)

So yes, it SHOULD be an outlier in DPS performance given that’s basically all the 4 set does. The likes of BDK, Brewmaster, and prot paladin all gain sustained, valuable defense AND offensive benefits from their four set, while bear basically leans into its strength of big incarn plays.

1 Like

Thank you for this. <3 I got it on the first day on Maizou thankfully, but I haven’t had any luck on my alts. And it contains one of the keys to the sands, so it’s been rather frustrating. (Granted I havent done that area on my alts yet, it’s mostly cause I’ve been waiting for that lol)

Firstly, my “main” alt is a Demo Warlock, just to preface.

Now, if any warlock complains about this, I’m going to assume you don’t know what you’re talking about, lol.

This is a screencap from someone in Discord.

I dunno about you, but being hit for 100k damage isn’t really balanced. Lol.

Also, I think you forgot the word “bonus” after critical strike damage, cause it doesn’t increase the crit strike damage of Decimating Bolt. :stuck_out_tongue:

THAT SAID:

This is a stupid change, to be blunt. The only reason Tyrant is so strong is because of Power Infusion. Instead of changing the actual problem, which is Power Infusion (maybe have a lower haste coefficient if cast on certain specs, for instance), you’re nerfing the base ability, so warlocks who DON’T get PI are going to be weaker when they really shouldn’t be.

Demonology is top tier when they have PI. But if you check the logs that don’t have PI on them, they’re middle of the pack.

And before anyone says no priest will prioritize a demo lock: Just in LFR this week, I had like 4 priests throwing Power Infusion on my ilvl239 Warlock instead of the 255+ DPS. I asked them not to, but they said it was “Clearly making a difference” cause I was the top dps. So yes, it did make a difference, but the stigma that “PI goes to demo” has already started and it’s just going to get worse. I have no doubts putting PI on the I believe it was 256 Havoc DH would’ve gone so much further.

1 Like
  • Guardian
    • [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Architect’s Aligner damage and healing reduced by 35%.

Fair enough

well now, that is a NEW DEAL~

WTB fix for Bruto mount drop rate in the BMAH, its absolutely bugged.

Please have a peak at it.

Than you.

ahem…more feral buffs plz.

1 Like

Dear BM Hunters, we hate you. - Blizz

1 Like

Why is the title updated to april 12 but there’s no hotfix on that date?

1 Like

I saw some stuff on Reddit about survival and warlock nerfs where’s this info and ferals buffs.

To taunt BM Hunters.

Hopefully nowhere, I hope that spec stays dead unless it gets a huge revamp. No offense ferals I just hate the combo point + energy nonsense and you have too many abilities for being a cat. Seriously, how many ways can you bite and claw someone?

See that’s an issue because some of us play it specifically because it’s the most challenging spec to play well, I’d just like the numbers to be adjusted so we get rewarded for our good play to at least be competitive in endgame content. Feels bad playing well and seeing someone throw two wildfire bombs and do more than double your damage in M+.

Oh yeah the SV nerfs are totally merited. I don’t disagree that feral is hard to play well and should be rewarded for that, (as well as penalized for poor play to be fair). I just really feel the clunk whenever I play it and it makes me sad because it’s just one more spec on the list that I’ll never really see myself enjoying no matter how op it gets.

1 Like

Are there any specific details regarding the April 19 hotfix for the Inferno talent?

If the chance to generate shard fragments remains 20% up to 5 targets, how is it adjusted for target counts beyond 5?