Ways to get >355 iLevel gear

Hi everyone!

I’ve been doing lots of world quests and most of my gear are currently sitting at at least 355 iLevel now.

I’m starting to realise that that’s usually the highest iLevel gear I can obtain from world quests.

What are some of the ways to obtain higher gear from here?

Sorry, still relatively a newbie at the game.

I can see that accumulating 500 conquest points rewards me with 370 iLevel gear so I’m gonna PvP some. What else should I do?

1. play healer for mythic+
    you should be able to do 3~7 mythic+
  2. Darkshore World Boss drops 400 iLvL gears
  3. daily emissary cache box gives 385 iLvL sometimes but you will need to be higher iLvL to start getting 385 iLvL cache boxes
  4. incursions. Max iLvL is capped at 370 but still it’s better than 355
  5. BoD LFR! easy 370 iLvL gear farming
10 Likes

Thanks for that, friend!

For your number 1 tip, what sort of gear level rewards do you get for mythic plus?

Also, I heard that mythics are pretty challenging. I’m not terrible at healing by any means, and can usually pull a group through fine. Is a reasonable amount of skill level enough for mythic runs? Or would I need to be like, Dark Souls pro or something?

I have DBM installed, too.

Mythic 0’s (regular mythics, no keystone and not M+) can actually reward gear from each boss instead of one chest at the end… and I think that rewards 370ilvl. Sure mythic+ rewards higher ilvl, but spamming Mythic 0s can get you 370s pretty quick.

I’m not sure how finding a group would work out for this in the looking for group finder, but we recently are helping a buddy gear an alt by doing this.

4 Likes

Mythic 0’s aren’t bad at all, neither are low level M+’s.

At 355, I’d focus on Mythic 0, LFR, Incursions (do them in Warmode as they give easy Conquest, when you fill the PvP bar you get a weekly piece of gear also), and keeping up with gear dropping Emmisaries. All of those should give you plenty of gear, enough to start pushing keys.

When you feel confident, start doing low M+’s. If you can handle a M0, you can do a +2 or +3 easily enough. Possibly higher, if you get a solid group who’s willing to carry a little (as no matter how good you are, there comes a point where ilvl is needed).

When Warfronts are up, those are a golden ticket. The first time completion bonus for Arathi gives a 370 and Darkshore gives (IIRC) a 400. Be sure to kill the world boss for those extra pieces.

Bonus rolls are your friend - though use them wisely. The dungeon manual will give you loot tables, find what you want and use your rolls on that.

2 Likes

h ttp://www.worldofmoudi.com/ilvl-patch-8-1
(it’s http: // I am not trust level 3 so can’t link directly but here it is)

The M+ will most likely have a cap at +15 instead of +10 in patch 8.1. This tabel below shows how it would look if the system was at +10 on patch 8.1.

Keystone Level End of Dungeon Reward Weekly Chest
Mythic +2 375 380
Mythic +3 375 385
Mythic +4 380 390
Mythic +5 385 390
Mythic +6 385 395
Mythic +7 390 400
Mythic +8 395 400
Mythic +9 395 405
Mythic +10 400 410
4 Likes

Well the next step is to get to Item level 370+;

Start with warfronts;
Once those are done que lfr, all wings of Draz (370 gear).

Once that is done que normal mythics. +0 is what they are often referred to as.

Rinse and repeat until your World Quest Emissary reward goes to 380-385, at that point you are ready for raiding the new raid on normal.

And can start running mythic +'s

After that the hamster wheel is relatively easy to stay on.

3 Likes

As for mythic+ healing,
Mythic 0~3 are like heroics, not that hard. Basically higher you go, the more healing you will have to do that’s about it. Most of the mechanics, it is the tank’s and DPS’ job to deal with them, so you don’t need to worry, except when you go 7+ then you might have to move a bit for stuff like Quaking affix but no biggie.

2 Likes

As a few others have said, low-tier mythics really aren’t that much worse than heroics. I really enjoy them - give them a go, OP!

1 Like

Gear up however you wish. But as you can see from this character you can get to 388 without ever entering a dungeon.

World quests, warfronts, invasions, and world bosses.

That said the Mythic route is almost certainly faster and will set your
Character up to raid if you wish.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all your advice, guys! This has been a wealth of information.

I’m going to start queuing for LFRs as well as Mythics starting with the normal ones while keeping up with the PvP, then hit the world quest bosses, as most people here have suggested.

1 Like

392 ilevel now.

I’ve never got anything from a dungeon, or mythic, or raid, in BFA.

Everything I have on is from stuff you can do outdoors, Darkshore World boss, Emissary cache of 385, incursions at 370, Arathi Warfront quest 370, Darkshore Warfront quest 400, Kill 25 Horde warmode 385 (was 400 one time, or more) quest. I only bothered with the warmode “kill 25 horde” when it was for a 400.

OH plus the Tortollon Emissary is now a 385 ring/trinket (boy, was that needed.)

Now If I just stopped getting repeats and got higher than a 370 wrist.

3 Likes

I had to do heroic Draz for a wrist (got it off gronk)

Even if a world quest is the same ilevel as gear you it might be worth doing because it can forge. So dont be afraid to try if it’s easy quest. With the brawl you can quickly get conquest points for winning. And there’s a quest to win 1 brawl and you get a piece of gear.

You have to raise your average ilevel, then the WQ rewards will go up. I don’t do mythics and only a bit of LFR and my avg is 387.

Keep an eye out for the next time your faction has the warfronts. The one-time quest for Darkshore rewards a 400, and the Arathi is a 375? I forget.

Heroics give 365, that’s one start.

World quests should be scaling up with your ilvl, so you should start seeing 365/370 emmisaries soon.

When darkshore is up spam the ever loving crap out of it, that gives 360 gear.

Do your weekly warfront for a 370/400 item.

Do lfr every week for 370s.

Do the two warfront world bosses when their up for 370/400 items.

Once you hit about 375, your emmisaries should start giving 380/385 gear which I believe is the cap right now.

There are lots of options =D, I did most of these and never stepped foot in pvp/raids (technically I did lfr, but it’s when I over geared it so I was there purely for transmogs…)

If you haven’t go check with Magni in silithus and upgrade your necklace.

4 Likes

Its not bad overall. Always do Darkshore, run some Mythic0 and +4s. If you can, fill your CP bar each week. At least once.

WQ gear goes higher than that. All I do is log in, do WQ’s, World Bosses, Battlefronts & occasionally Incursions and I got to 389 without even trying. I do LFR once for each wing just to see it, rarely get any upgrades out of that though.

Mythic 0 are almost inexistant on the dungeon finder. Your best bet is to find a guild that runs those and then you can jump in mythic+ or lfr/normal BoD.