Introduce Yourself Here

Hello all

I’m Dirtypawz and live in immortal guardians on aggramar Europe.
I have played wow since launch but in 2007 I totally lost my sight whilst in the armed forces. I missed tbc but I returned to wow just before wotlk launch determined to find a way to play again even without sight, by the end of wrath I was able to clear ICC on 10 normal.
From there I joined die safe on COA and the ability to play and raid blind grew from there. Since cataclysm I have raided 10 HC, 25 HC and mythic. I raided mythic until legion when I decided to step down due to the birth of my kids as I no longer had the time to dedicate to raiding mythic. From there I joined my current guild where we chill just raiding HC.

I applied to join the council to hopefully give constructive ideas to improve accessibility for people who are visually impaired or blind. The introduction of text to speech in wow for chat was an amazing addition to wow this expansion, moving forward I would like to see more things added so that other people like myself can experience the same joy I get from playing and raiding.

I’m also a die hard rogue and have played it since cataclysm but I do have love for WW and kitty.

I’m looking forward to good conversations on improving wow and especially improving accessibility within wow so that many more can enjoy the game that we all love

Much love and look forward to chatting with you all.

10 Likes

Hello, i’m mooni from germany. I mainly play on Blackrock EU as a balance druid. i’m playing WoW since 2007 and started as a total newbie to MMOs.
I was first only interested in raiding. So i always tryed to improve myself to get better and better. In the end i landed many top 100 and some top 50 world Kills with different raiding guilds. With the start of m+ i also enjoyed m+ a lot and we did some 20+ keys back in legion. But at the end of that expansion my guild disbanded and i started to ask myself if i really want to go for one more guild for a short period of time. Especially as my real life has changed in terms of having that much time to play.
So i decided to raid casual with some friends which i did until SL. In SL i decided because of time issues to go full casual now and stop raiding. I did my KSM in 9.0 and 9.1 mostly with Pugs which was really hard to be honest. You spend a lot of time watching out for groups for 15 keys (even with 2k score previous season), just to not finish half of the keys after one mistake from anyone. So i don’t know if i will go for KSM again in 9.2 because it’s a lot of time you need to invest and i only care about the mount. Because this is what i do now. I am leveling a lot of alts and farm mounts and i’m also trying myself in the WoW economy. That means auction house and stuff to earn gold.
I hope i can give you insights into players minds, that dont have a big amount of free time but love the game and want to play it in any way. And also in the very broken, (controlled by a few players) economy of WoW. I think not many people know whats going on there.

7 Likes

Hi WoW Friends :smiley:

My name Aiasor/Holyaia. I am the current GM from a guild called FilthyCasuals on EU-Draenor.

I made this level 10 warrior on a US server to be able to post here on the forums.

I started playing WoW towards the end of Battle for Azeroth. This means that I am not a WoW veteran like a few of the Community Council members. I spent my time during BFA getting familiar with my class, mount collecting and getting achievements such as BFA Pathfinder. As a new player, I was completely overwhelmed learning how to play the game. If it were not for a few friendly guild members that taught me the basics of the game (i.e what the auction house is, how to make gold, the difference between a tank/dps/healer in PVE content) I would still be completely lost.

One of the biggest things that I would like to raise awareness of is the approach to new players in the game. Not only have I had first hand experience, but I have also seen how players within the game are quick to “kick” or remove someone from a party if they can see the person is new and may not have a full understanding of what is expected to do. It is important to realise that not all players are fortunate enough to be part of a guild or have in game friends that can show them the “ropes” of the game. Once we harness a welcoming community towards newbies we will definitely see more players actually want to play the game or return to the game after a long break.

Up until mid Sanctum of Domination, I mained my Arms Warrior (Aiasor) but now main Holy Priest (Holyaia). My main interests include mythic + (where this season I achieved a raider io of 2300), heroic raiding and rated pvp (I was able to get a 2000cr in RBGS) and mount farming/collecting. Although these achievements may not seem that high to some, but for someone such as myself who enjoys playing the game causally and doing a bit of everything this is an achievement.

I really hope I can use this platform to voice the opinions of those players who, like myself, are not hardcore but enjoy playing/doing every aspect of the game.

I look forward to working with everyone here and having meaningful discussions about how WoW can be a great experience for all in 9.2 and the future <3

Feel free to reply or quote me if you have any questions :smiley:

11 Likes

Hiya! I’m Thomusus, call me Tom if you like! I am a twenty-eight-year-old Englishman from the UK; my main game is World of Warcraft, and It always has been. I maximize my enjoyment in WoW by ensuring I fight beside Champions of The Alliance! I know from my experiences it’s the people you play with, in combination with the quality of the challenge you face; that makes for the most enjoyable game. I prefer to play with voice as this means you meet the people you fight beside, I’m always keen to meet new people and optimistic that I’ll eventually meet someone brilliant, even when playing as Alliance on EU where the savage Horde reign supreme (not for long, don’t worry Alliance).
I’m a passionate player, I have always been For The Alliance as a result of enjoying the Warcraft campaigns. Player Versus Player (PvP) is of great interest to me and currently I mostly play Rated Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. I’ve ran a Rated Battleground Team for around four years and have fully experienced every patch of Battle For Azeroth (BFA) and Shadowlands. Rated Arenas, I’ve played tens of thousands of games and I have met a wide variety of players as I often sacrifice my own rating in the hope to meet a Champion!
Whilst I thoroughly enjoy Dungeons and Raiding, I believe I can have more of an impact on PvP Topics and I’ll be shining my light as brightly as I can on the barriers for participation in PvP.

7 Likes

Hello hello hello! The name’s Haelsing.

I’m a Wrath baby that got sucked into WoW back in 2010, by a friend who roped me in so he could get the RAF rocket for his girlfriend. I’ve dabbled in pretty much every form of content over the years, from PvP to Raiding to Pet Battles, but collecting’s become my one true passion, starting in Cata with mounts and recipes, then pets, transmog, toys and more.

I’m a fairly active member of the ATT community and the WoW Economy/TSM community, so I’m well versed in legacy content and the subtle art of gold making. Glad to answer any questions anyone might have :)

I appreciate the invite, and hopefully I’ll be able to contribute to making WoW even better.

12 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m Rootysnooter, a prop artist on the WoW art team for almost 10 years now. I’ve been playing WoW since a friend was able to get me into the Beta. Fell in love instantly. Back in the old days I used to raid things like MC and BWL but just couldn’t keep up with the schedule. These days I’m more about farming transmog pieces, fishing and, like, Ultra Casual pvp. Sometimes I enjoy just chilling out in an a pretty area and watching other people run around.

Look forward to joining in on the conversations about WoW’s environment art, where I have the most knowledge.

14 Likes

Hello everybody !

I’m Zim, french… So I can make mistakes in english, I apologize.
I’m playing World Of Warcraft since BC without interruption, I grow up with this incredible univers : on the Horde side :wink:

At my beginning in WoW I played a holy priest, but now I main Windwalker Monk - I love Trolls, especially Zandalari ones :heart_eyes: I like Troll culture, architecture and jungle environment :palm_tree:
I like when the environment is dangerous and relaxing at the same time !

In WoW I didn’t do competitive activities (MM+ donjon or Raid), I prefer roleplaying, helping others to kill an Elite, doing a quest or answer their questions. Yes, I stay at orgrimmar at night to answer the new players questions.

With this council I hope to develop another way to play WoW, I mean, with less competition in the game by developping friendship, mutual aid and equal opportunities for both ; Alliance and Horde characters :slight_smile:

Thank You,
For Zandalar and For the Horde !

7 Likes

Greetings everybody!
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for the invite on behalf of the Blizzard team, it’s my honor to be here.

My name is Petko, and I have been both a fan and a Blizzard player for more than 15 years and counting. I started playing World of Warcraft at the early stages during The Burning Crusade, and ever since I haven’t looked back.

I suppose I take the role as the “hardcore” player, representing the other side of the spectrum, have been and still remain competitive player for more than 2 years already and primarely focus on Mythic+ and Raiding. Here are few notable most recent achievements as a reference:

Previous Mythic+ experience:

Rank 1 Warlock in the World during Season 1 of BFA
Rank 1 Player in the World during Season 2 of BFA
Rank 1 Team in the World during Season 2 of BFA
Rank 1 Shaman in the World during Season 2 of BFA
Rank 1 Team in the world during Season 3 of BFA
Rank 1 Shaman in the world during Season 3 of BFA
Rank 5 Rogue in the world during Season 3 of BFA
Rank 1 Hunter in Europe during Season 4 of BFA
Rank 1 Team in Europe during Season 4 of BFA
Rank 1 Shaman in the world during Season 1 of Shadowlands
Rank 1 Team in Europe during Season 1 of Shadowlands
MDI Summer Finalist 2020

Previous Raiding experience:

ex-Echo player (Hunter main player CN)
ex-Method player (Hunter/Shaman post CN race)
And many more top100 world rankings

My main goal in this case, is not only to perform on the highest levels possible, but also to provide educational content and integrate the new players in the game to Mythic+. Class balance is something I really love to theorycraft on and spend the majority of my freetime doing so.

My goal for the Internal Blizzard Council is to provide unbiased feedback towards the changes leading to minor and major patches, specifically class balance in Mythic+ and how that will affect the players. I believe Blizzard has done a great job so far balancing the game, compared to the BFA version of it, and I will do my best to add towards that value.

Outside of the game, I am just a regular 25 years old dude that likes to travel, workout and read books. I am the head of the Mythic+ section on IcyVeins
and actively create content on my Twitch and YouTube.

Thank you for taking your time to read,
Petko

6 Likes

Hi everyone! Kizmani here - undead warlock on Dalaran.

I started playing in beta on a PVP server (Deathwing) and my main was an undead priest. I was on a multiple Arena teams and in a raiding guild. I ended up quitting in late 2010, right before Cataclysm. I came back in 2020 during the pandemic and found my old account had been hacked & stripped, the only characters left were all low level alts. I started over on a fresh account. With the exception of a warrior and death knight, I have level 60s for all classes (with a couple duplicates).

I am no longer a hardcore player, though I play a lot. I enjoy my army of alts, pet battles and collecting, achievements, professions and world events. I’ve tried to get back into raiding and mythics, but honestly, I don’t much enjoy it anymore. Everything is so focused on mechanics and understanding/remembering every detail, and generally people are so unforgiving of questions and mistakes that I don’t find it fun. In essence, I work a stressful & competitive job in corporate America, I manage a large team of people and it’s physically & mentally draining. When I get off work I want to PLAY - not watch/study every fight for hours and get yelled at because I stepped, or didn’t step, somewhere or that I don’t have the 10 mandatory addons, all configured exactly while simultaneously running a sim for every piece of gear as I go, while also watching the DPS meters to ensure I’m not at the bottom. That isn’t fun, that’s a second job.

My opinion is that because WoW is so old and has become so advanced, that it can be isolating for new and casual players. The intricacies help keep the current player base engaged, but it was disorienting as a returning player.

11 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Ryure - Demon Hunter on Bleeding Hollow under Resonate.

I have played this game since 2005 and been through quite a few years in WoW. At the moment I’m a mythic raider and I have started raiding in the mythic scene since the last year of Warlords of Draenor Expansion. I have attained gladiator once back in Lich King expansion on my paladin. My experiences include max-level of every class in Legion and currently have a death knight, a demon hunter, and a paladin at max level with more to come.

Also I’m deaf so I bring a perspective of a community to this council so I can help put in my two cents. What I hope to bring would be feedback upon raid fights that may be troublesome for people with disabilities such as Mekkatorque and to a certain extent- Dreadlords fight this tier.

Cheers all
-Ryure

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I play on the US servers Korgath as Alliance and Kil’Jaeden as Horde.

Warcraft III was my first foray into the franchise and I have always loved Elves in the fantasy genre. The ferocious Night Elf that was portrayed from WCIII, and the incredibly strong character Tyrande was what made me create my first character. I choose a priest and named her Abolita after my grandmother as she had the uncanny ability to heal and take care of any ailments I had growing up.

Funny note, I spelled Abuelita wrong by mistake (which is grandma in Spanish) but decided to keep Abolita because it was unique and just a fun way to remember her!

My WoW history is all over as I’ve been through the gauntlet from Hardcore raider and PVPer in Vanilla and BC, to collector with transmogs, mounts and pets, to where I am at now in leveling so many characters through Chromie Time, and just enjoying the game for what it is.

Outside of WoW, I’m a coffee lover and enjoy learning new ways to brew my own lattes. One day I hope to experience Krolco’s legendary techniques where a member of the Blizzard team mentioned he was basically the Brett Favre of coffee.

Lastly, I’m also a tournament judge for fighting games at EVO, which I’m happy to hear is finally back after a 2 year beak due to the pandemic. I’m not nearly as good as I was back in the day, but very much keep in touch with the community at large and go to as many locals as I can, and of course EVO.

Looking forward to continuing to help bring the best possible change to this world we all love!

7 Likes

Hello,

I am Cammack, Im also known as CammackAttack. I have been playing WoW since the end of Vanilla. I loved the game so much I played it on dial up. I’m an avid Mount collector, currently sitting at 725. I enjoy all aspects of the game. I Mythic Raid (Not WF content), PVP, M+ and even enjoy the occasional pet battle. I’m a lore buff and enjoy diving into any storyline that’s put out.

I have a toon for each race and class on both the Horde and Alliance so that I can experience all that Warcraft has to offer. However my Ret Paladin will always be my main and most loved. I can bring to the table the compliments and complaints from my own view and those of my friends and followers that I feel will fit with the current storyline and that will make the game more enjoyable for both casual and hard-core players. I look forward to the collaboration and collective ideas.

Excited to be here!

-Cammack

12 Likes

Hello everyone!

I would like to thank Blizzard for giving me this opportunity, I am very honored to be included here. My name is Neryssa, and I’ve been playing WoW for more than 15 years. I started playing WoW during Vanilla when I was in high school. I’ve started playing the game as a Druid, but decided to reroll Warlock while still in Vanilla and that Warlock has been my main character to this day.

I work as a Guide and Front Page News writer on Wowhead, working there in different positions since 2018. I’m considered a wildcard there, working on a variety of topics, but my main line of work is PTR research and writing about outdoor content in general (I have written comprehensive zone guides for Wowhead since Patch 8.1), as well as research community topics for the Front Page news.

In WoW, I am a very avid mount and achievement collector, currently at Top 64 in the world for most mounts according to Data for Azeroth. Much of my playtime at the moment is dedicated to mount farming, and as such, I touch on almost every level of content in at least a semi-hardcore level (besides arenas, because I enjoy happiness hehe).

Considering my working experience and playing style, expect me to post mostly about collections and the inner workings of outdoor content, as well as touching some Mythic+ and Raiding content here and there.

Once again, thank you very much for the opportunity. Hope to not disappoint :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi everyone,

I primarily go by the name Halshuggen in WoW. I have been playing since the Antorus patch and been playing WoW only since then. In Antorus I started raiding and achieved my first Cutting Edge achievement. Since then I’ve been raiding more serious and I’ve been playing around the world 100 range since Uldir.

I’ve been raidleading since Ny’alotha and still doing it right now. I’m usually playing a healer but I don’t play any particular class or specialization. I will rather swap around to whatever is the strongest or brings the most benefits to my group in the content I’m doing.

My interests in WoW is limited to raiding and Mythic+ solely. Primarily the higher ends of that content aswell so I hope to be able to provide feedback towards those areas of WoW.

3 Likes

Hey all,

I’m Blladee (read: Blade), longtime GM of Id Crit That on US-Arthas Horde.

I and my guild have consumed this game at several different “levels”, from very casual mog collection to mythic raiding and pushing high (relatively speaking) keys.

My WoW journey began back in '08-'09 during Wrath, and in true noob fashion I never hit max level until Cata because I had absolutely 0 idea what I was doing.

Currently I enjoy leading my guild in Normal/Heroic Raid, pushing some keys, and acting like I have any idea what I’m doing in Arena. I also find myself enjoying a variety of “legacy” content, from mog collection to doing absolutely random achievements with my friends.

My desire to join the Community Council was simple: I interact with a wide variety of players in my guild and friend groups, and I personally have enjoyed a wide variety of aspects of this game; I would like to bring my their ideas to the table with the understanding that WoW is not singular in its purpose, and caters to a wide variety of playstyles.

I look forward to my time here on the council and hope to have a net positive outcome in the eyes of the community.

5 Likes

Hello everyone. I am Tábitha, a US Horde player on Quel’thalas. I have been a DK main since WotLK. I am not a CE Player, nor a super mythic + farmer. I have my KSM and my AOTC thats all :smiley: I really like having achievement, so far I have 32k points, Also, collect mounts and pets.

Greetings to all! and remember WOW is a great game!

5 Likes

Hey everyone!

I am Totemicslaw. I have been playing WoW since May 2005, and have been playing MMO’s in general since the year 2000. I knew I just had to get this game after seeing the G4 episode of “Cheat” that featured World of Warcraft and I saw all the cool easter eggs in the game.

I started out as a Dwarf Paladin and this shaman was created in The Burning Crusade as a level 49 twink. Come Wrath of the Lich King he was my full time main! I did hardcore raiding back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK but have slowly fallen off of it since then. Did a brief stint of main tanking during Legion during Antorus (the Argus fight remains one of my favorite fights to this day).

These days, I just really enjoy doing transmog runs, mount runs, and a little bit of RP on Moon Guard ( Got in to RP June 2021 on another character).

My true passion of the game comes in assisting new and returning players tho. I try to make the experience for them as welcoming as possible. I remember what it was like back in 2005 having an experienced person answer my questions and I want to reciprocate that for others in game.

Looking forward to being on this Council and adding my input on subjects where I could give some great feedback.

8 Likes

Hey guys!~

My name is Killzskillz, I play on the Frostmourne server and I am a dedicated CE raider and relatively hardcore M+ pusher.

Although I play Rogue now, and have been for the entirety of Shadowlands, I enjoyed a few other classes before this expansion, such as Mistweaver Monk and Protection Paladin. I originally began my WoW journey at the very beginning of WoD and had traditionally been a casual player up until the past 2 years wherein I started to really test my limits in WoW. I enjoy helping out in the Rogue discord Ravenholdt by answering questions and even ask a few of my own to brush up and make sure I’m up-to-date on my information. I know a decent chunk of information about most other classes in this game but my true calling is definitely Rogue and all its facets.

I also love to occasionally tmog or mount hunt. Though I spend most of my time in WoW primarily doing M+ when I’m not raiding or otherwise.

I’m hoping that my experience in the harder areas of WoW will provide helpful and knowledgeable feedback for the game in the future! I hope you all enjoy your time in WoW as much as I do, and I’m glad to be able to participate in this Council. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,

I am Darkal and I play since late WoD.

I started playing this game because of achievements, but over the years, this game got me with its possibilities for collecting all of the stuff. It does not matter if it’s achievement, mount, pet, toy, quest, appearance or something esle, I collect it all.

I always go for curve achievement, keystone master and elite set in the current season. Even thought now I do +20s since there are rewards too, but I enjoy the challange of it.

Probably what got me most into collecting was the ranking webpage DataForAzeroth. I quickly fell in love with this site and started to collect even more. I even offered my help to the creator of this site (shoogen) and I contribute with bug fixes and other stuff ever since then.
I am also active contributor of All The Things addon where I want to make it as much accurate as possible to help people with their collection so they can see what and where they miss.

If you ask me what I like the most, then it’s quests and appearances. I love quests from story point of view, both Alliance and Horde.

My main is elemental shaman, but I can play nearly all specs of all classes.
My favourite classes are all but cloth users (I am sorry to all priests, warlocks and mages).

I also do a little of goldmaking to cover my needs for collection stuff, since a lot of things is very pricy in this game.

I try to stay active in multiple discord servers filled with collectors from the whole world as well as trying to help the others with their collecting or other needs.

I am really happy to be here and I will try my best to come up with helpful ideas and opinions.

11 Likes

Greetings everyone, it’s nice to meet all of you!

It’s a pleasure to be invited here and I’d like to thank you for doing so. Y’all may call me by my character name Xhelann.

I’ve been a long-time player and fan of the Warcraft franchise. Having played each of the Warcraft games and then getting into World of Warcraft.

I’ve done a wide variety of content in the past but currently, I’m primarily a more casual player, playing in both Retail WoW and WoW Classic on both factions. My main focuses tend to be questing and leveling new alts, experiencing the story/world of the game, doing some collecting, and doing the occasional Roleplay. I love transmog and creating my own outfits. Also I do dabble into the gold-making side of Azeroth from time to time. I keep up with various communities across many aspects of the game.

A little about me: I’m Autistic, I’m queer and I am disabled.

I hope to be able to provide some valuable insight and will enjoy talking with you all in the community.

Things I’m looking forward to talking about are aspects of community and Roleplay, ways to improve the game through progressive aspects, and speaking about some accessibility issues where I can place input.

I’m also looking forward to talking about World design/world building, story, lore, the questing/leveling aspects, various other gameplay aspects (to put it simply whatever comes to mind I can provide some feedback/suggestions for), and character customization.

12 Likes