Introduce Yourself Here

Hey everyone,

I am Sarnox, I’ve been playing WoW since WOTLK and have been an avid PvE player in a medium-hard core environment for most of my time. My focus mainly shifted to m+ once it came out as it is the format I find the most fun in the game. The goal of achieving KSM and beyond each season is one I aim to reach and am very passionate about on both my main and alt characters. I am also a big fan of the lore and world and love to see some of the developing story lines and plot within WoW.

As such the main areas I’ll be looking forward to discussing with you all are the PvE sides of WoW, especially mythic plus, as well as the lore and storytelling.

Can’t wait to interact and get to know you all.

4 Likes

Hello!

My name is Keltoras, and I’m a Senior Software Engineer on WoW Classic. I’ve been at Blizzard for a bit over 4 years and have been lucky enough to work on Classic that entire time.

I started my WoW journey in 2005. As a new player, I was quickly faced with the seemingly impossible choice of Night Elf Hunter vs. Undead Mage. I tried both, fell in love with the dramatic casting animations and grim aesthetic of the Undead, and have been a loyal member of the Horde ever since! I’ve mained many classes over the years, but the two I always come back to are Mage and Paladin.

I’m an avid player of both Shadowlands and Burning Crusade Classic. For me, the two games scratch different itches: Shadowlands is my “competitive” game where I enjoy raiding, Mythic+, and the occasional Rated Battleground, while Burning Crusade is my “cup of tea on a relaxing Saturday morning” game. My boyfriend is my WoW partner in pretty much everything. He didn’t play during the earlier years of the game but has fallen in love with Classic’s modern release, and we relish spending hours together immersed in the storytelling and world-building of Classic Azeroth.

WoW is a game that’s close to my heart, as I’m sure it is for many of you, and I look forward to discussing it in the pursuit of making Azeroth as magical as possible!

12 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Jayem, the Lead Engineer for the WoW Companion App. I’ve been playing WoW since the beta in 2004 with a couple breaks here and there. I started out in vanilla on a gnome mage and switched to a shaman during Wrath of the Lich King. For the past several expansions, my main has been an undead/vulpera warrior, but I invariably end up leveling all of the classes to max level over the course of an expansion. I love all of the warrior specs and enjoy switching between them in different content to keep things fresh, but generally gravitate towards tanking. As a player, I’ve run the gamut of game content: playing in a hardcore raiding/PvP guild in Vanilla, arenas in TBC, guild leading in Cataclysm, and casual LFR and world content in Mists of Pandaria. Nowadays, I try to get Keystone Master and Ahead of the Curve each patch, and I mess around in a little more difficult PvE content like Mythic raids and +20 keys for the teleports. More recently, I’ve come to really enjoy idling in Newcomer Chat to try and help new players find the same magic in WoW that I found 18 years ago.

10 Likes

Hey Everyone,

I’m still Tru Villain Manny; but, as some do in this game, I’ve switched things up! I’ve gone Horde (again) and I’ve switched servers to raid with a new guild. Fun times abound with season 4 now here!

As we dive deeper into Dragonflight you will be hearing more from me and hopefully, this switch will not confuse some conversations that I have already started.

1 Like

Hey all,

I’m Steve, the narrative lead. Been in game dev for almost 20 years, the last 7 of which have been on WoW.

It’s a joy and a privilege to help this amazing team tell stories in the Warcraft universe. :smiley:

I play a bunch of classes on both factions. I populated the hunter hall during Legion, so I built up a vast array of hunters with countless transmogs that I enjoy parading around the Trueshot Lodge.

Excited for everyone to check out the characters and stories of Dragonflight!

23 Likes

Hello,
I am a Lead Software Engineer in the Classic team, I joined the team 2 years ago and have had the joy of working in Classic, BCC, and now Wrath!
I started playing WoW in 2009 in Drakkari, I had a lot of fun leveling with friends and attempting to do many dungeons as groups of 3 with no healers or tanks. I later discovered that having healers was a much better experience in PvE. My first progression raiding experience was ICC so I have very fond memories of that raid.
I then ventured into the land of PvP where I got Hero of the Horde in the first RBG season, and have also acquired a few Gladiator titles on the way. I have also really enjoyed watching the tournaments over the years and have been lucky enough to cast some events.
I have been playing Classic since launch and I’ve been having a lot of fun rediscovering different areas of the game that have changed over the years. I will be answering questions about our Classic projects!

10 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m Sanq, and I am the newest addition to the WoW Community team. Nice to meet you!
My experience in WoW starts near the end of Vanilla as a casual player, leveling and just hanging out with friends. In TBC I got my first real taste of raiding and quickly found that I couldn’t get enough. This led me to starting my own guild and Raid/Guild leading through the majority of WotLK. After our guild disbanded, I ended up taking a break to focus on school and work. Now I am back and excited to finally continue my adventure in Shadowlands as I prepare for Dragonflight.

Also, my favorite memory (and probably biggest accomplishment) from my time in WoW was leading my guild to completing Yogg Saron 25 Normal and 10 Hard Mode.

I look forward to getting to know everyone over the coming months!

35 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I’m Föxus Co GM of FacePull on Ashkandi in Wrath Classic!

I have been enjoying the Wrath Classic experience going back to the Xpac that has always been closest to my heart and my favorite!

I have been a Holy Paladin main since… The open Beta in 04 and have loved raid content since the beginning.

Currently FacePull is building up the Pug Focused community on Ahkandi Alliance side since the Wrath launch.

I look forward to being a part of this experience with all of you!

5 Likes

Greetings!

My name is Khule, and I am excited to be here! I have played WoW since the Summer of 06’ and over these years I have primarily focused on end-game raiding; filling a tank or DPS role with Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior being my most played classes. My favorite expansion is Mists of Pandaria, and My favorite raid is Seige of Orgimir, I think Heroic Garrosh (Before Legion pre-patch) was one of the best fights the game has seen.

Since the birth of my son in 2020, I have exclusively played Classic. Retail is something I harbor no bad feelings towards, however, I cannot keep up with all of the content and I quickly lose motivation to try when I have only a few hours to play in a week.

When Classic game was announced my friends and I formed a Guild on Whitemane called Casual. We cleared every raid and managed to stay together for the entirety of Classic, TBC, and we are STILL going strong in Wrath. We have swapped servers and changed the guild name, but I am really proud of my guild and the friends I have that stepped up and kept it going when I had to focus on being a dad.

I want to focus on the positive aspects of playing WoW. I believe that the best moments in this game are spent with other players completing tough and rewarding challenges.

I believe that the intent of the development team is to provide us with a game that appeals to the most people. I am going to keep playing this game, and I choose to have a good time no matter what. Plus I main a Paladin right now, so one of my specs is always good!

Social Interactions, and how we treat each other are more important than any epic item! Be kind, and let’s do what we can to make a community that doesn’t tolerate unnecessary toxicity and doesn’t automatically go negative every time the wind shifts.

5 Likes

Salutations!

My name is Cyfur and I’m the GM of Face Pull on Ashkandi Classic. Föxus and I started Face Pull together with the sole focus of being and remaining a PUG-centric guild. The philosophy is to get as many people to clear the content as possible, regardless of guilds or experience. It has been… a journey, and a fantastic one at that.

I have mained a Blood DK from WotLK → Dragonflight, so I was ABSOLUTELY excited to return to my roots and do it all again with a veteran perspective and boy was I not disappointed. My main alt has always been a Fire Mage… a Living Bomb trigger happy Fire Mage… BUT A FIRE MAGE NONETHELESS! :joy:

I look forward to sharing, collaborating, and creating with all of you. Let’s shape this into a productive group filled with a variety of perspectives across ALL types of playstyles.

v/r,
Cyfur

2 Likes

Hello there everyone!!

I’m Castiturself of [Well Met] on Mankrik Horde. I represent a casual side of Wrath Classic.

I began my journey into World of Warcraft with the release of Vanilla and have had my ups and downs over the years, with IRL stuff biting me in the tail off and on and leaving and coming back to the game. WoW is in fact my get away.

I started off as a hunter and moved my way around the various different classes. Varying from tanking to healing. Now I’ve rested to my ranged DPS slots, primarily as a mage. I also play a boomkin. It is rare to see me within the confines of retail as I play classic a majority of the time.

Being part of this council is huge. As stated within many others posts, hoping to have a voice heard concerning what I have heard from many of my friends, acquaintances and guildmates over time throughout the return of our beloved classic realms.

Now as a more casual player vs. being more hardcore that had a span of over a decade, I strive to help at getting more and more people involved as much as possible in a casual way. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s thoughts and ideas as well as concerns. Especially from a casual players point of view.

Thank you for this opportunity!

-Castiturself

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m Taladoris from Proudmoore, happy to be here and get to talk to you all!

I started playing WoW in Wrath and its had its hooks in me ever since. I’m hugely passionate these days about mythic plus and could talk your ear off about it. I also find theorycrafting and experimentation extremely entertaining. You can catch me almost all the time trying out new weird builds, running sims, and more just to see what strange things I can make work. I’m fairly casual but do enjoy challenging myself as much as I can.

Extremely excited to be part of the council and be able to help voice concerns equally as well as gratitude and hope to be of use to my fellow players.

I am a diehard forever feral druid main and have been since Ulduar. I LOVE helping people learn feral as much as I’m able. I’m always looking to recruit more into cat gang.

Thanks for the invite, and I’ll see you all around the forums/Discord/in Azeroth!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone

I’m Chunkycarl - from EU Zenedar (mainly), and im super excited to be given this opportunity.

I started playing wow during the vanilla launch, and have played on various levels since then, from cutting edge Pve endgame, to my current more casual playstyle. i’ve mained shadow priest since early TBC, however over time have played most classes and specs to try and get the most out of the game i love.

Im excited to be a part of the wow council, and help provide a voice to the community on topics we feel passionate about. wow is built on its community, and i believe a fair representative voice should be given to players from all environments in the game, to enable a fair and just game experience for all.

1 Like

Hey hey, I’m Sway!

I’m your friendly neighborhood filthy casual! I’ve been playing off and on (as many of us have) since Vanilla. WoW has always been a great way to decompress and just enjoy a community, and that’s how it started with me playing with a bunch of others on base. Flash forward to 2023 and I’m still loving it as a way to distract myself after a long day.

Basically? I’m here for the transmogs and good times.

And as for community? Trade chat is still trade chat, and Barrens Chat lives on through it, but if it wasn’t for the community the game would have folded by now. I share this game with my stream community, and now I hope that a renewed focus on Community Council opinions will make the game even better.

You are the community, we are the community, and at the end of the day our happiness with the game is what keeps this all moving.

-Sway

3 Likes

Good afternoon everyone,

Longtime listener, first time caller… =p

I am new to the council. I just got my invite today.

A little about me. I am Axyorix. I am the GM of Concordis on the alliance side of Kil’jaeden. Yep, there is still some life for the alliance there. As far as I know, my guild is the oldest active guild on the server, for either horde or alliance. We are a merger of two, day one guilds. We merged in December of 2005.

At that time, I was not an officer, but I followed some of my real life friends with the merger. I moved up to raid leader during Blackwing Lair, then became GM of Concordis in 2007 when our current GM stepped down. I have been GM and Raid Leader ever since.

Our guild isnt Cutting Edge (We get AOTC + a few Mythic kills each tier), we arent going to kill things the fastest, but the one thing I am proud of about my guild, that has taken many years to build, is the community aspect. We have/had members from all walks of life. From Doctors, Lawyers, and we even got a shout out in an interview from an Academy Award Winner for Special FX who was an officer in our guild at the time.

Our guild has a very active community, and that involves not just WoW, but other games as well. Most of our members play other games with each other also.

As for myself, I started the game as a Resto Druid named Rynin, I was in Alpha Phase 2 of Vanilla, and played Resto Druid until HFC in WoD. I then switched to Prot Paladin (Axyorix), ever since.

I am looking forward to contributing to this council and hopefully to help make a game that I have played since 2004, better. I am not much of a PVP person, so I wont be contributing there, but I do hope to provide great feedback for Raiding from a Medium Progression focused Raiding guild, and see it become even better. I also want to help contribute to M+ and making it as fun/rewarding as possible, while also keeping the challenge.

I do feel I know the PVE Side of the Protection Paladin as well, and I want to continue to provide feedback and see the class grow as well.

Thanks for reading the wall of text, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone !
I am Kiwi but ingame i go by Hanfuhr (Because Kiwi was taken) I reside in Germany.
Im still an avid player from the good classic days, though this would be my 2nd account ive ever used as i lost my first ever account year and years ago

Im here to have a good time and enjoy the community ! Thanks for the invite and i hope our time together is pleasurable !

1 Like

Meowdy, y’all!

I really can’t even begin to describe how big of a deal this was to me to be picked for the Community Council. It’s actually better than opening presents on Christmas, not even lying. Happy to be here o7

That said, I go by Omni in guild and in most other areas online. Omnithic on Area52 (who I’m posting on) has been my main for at least the past two expansions, made the transition to them during Battle for Azeroth. A lot of my time in WoW is focused on guild leading, maintaining our community of raiders (Because to us it’s just not a guild for raiding, honestly) and focusing on PvE content in WoW. The goal is always Cutting Edge and to farm it, and our members have mixed goals for how we treat M+. There’s a lot more than that in our guild too, from theorycrafting to being analysts for higher end guilds.

There’s a lot of aspects of WoW I love and feel involved in, from the competitive nature with high-end raiding to even just farming as many herbs or ore as I possibly can and having fun with the revamped professions. Oh, and Transmog. I pass up upgrades in my vault for rare transmog and I’m not sorry about it.

I think it’s easier to exclude what I’m not very interactive with, and that’s PvP. I don’t hate it, I just hardly have the opportunity to dive into it unless there’s transmog for the season I insist on having.

I honestly really, really look forward to participating in this council with everyone. o/

1 Like

Hi there!
I am Sha from Magtheridon, currently residing in the guild Anje! I have been playing since MoP, but only started setting foot outside of collecting/lfr/legacy content in Legion. Nowadays I am devoted to the PvP life while still dabbling in occasional raiding and collecting old appearances and items.

I am not a hardcore forum extravagant but do like to advocate for my Shaman brethren in having positive changes for the class! Now that I’m part of the Community Council I will try to give good input on the parts of the game I have knowledge in, and hope to have a good year with the host of content to come for Dragonflight.

Cheers, Sha

1 Like

Hola! Cómo están ?

I’m Mokenuf from Ragnaros (US) one of the spanish speaking latin american realms in World of Warcraft. I’m from Argentina and I’ve been playing WoW since 2007. I’m a Healer who mains Resto Druid and I focus on Mythic Raiding with my own guild “Hair Recovery” it’s my favourite form of content, sometimes we get Cutting Edge, sometimes we don’t.

I’m also a partnered Twitch streamer and enjoy a lot of English speaking WoW content through content creators or fansites like Wowhead. I like to keep my community informed, I cover the Race to World First, I share wow news, datamining, alphas and betas and information I get on English speaking content creators and sites with people who don’t speak the language and might be missing on some great info and insight.

As a member of the Community Council I want to be a link between the Spanish and English speaking players of the world I think we all can learn a lot from one another.

I hope everyone is enjoying Dragonflight as much as I am. Nos vemos !
Mokenuf.-

2 Likes

Greetings from the lower parts of Europe, AKA the Netherlands!

My name is Cyrios and I forever main a Druid (and for a while also a Priest) on Sylvanas EU, I’ve been playing this game since vanilla WoW and through these years I’ve been switching game styles from Hardcore to Casual ect.

I enjoy lore and story, raiding, M+, leveling and out door content and give feedback about class and specc balance for PvE, which are the subjects I will focus on in my year on this council the most.

During my time in WoW, I’ve been a raidleader/GM/officer in almost all of my guilds… something something control freak, I guess? :joy: Anyway, it is a nice combo with me being a Social Worker irl and sometimes I do use my profession in game, social interactions are quite interesting to me.

Now, with that out of the way, I would like to thank Blizzard for this opportunity and I look forward engaging with you all about the game we all love.

1 Like