Renown is over and dead in 9.2

“ We will not add new levels of Renown. It is a system linked to the progression of your Covenant, and we are venturing beyond the original history which was limited to Covenant in favor of of a more global story where all come together to pursue the same goal in Eternity’s End.

However, there is a progression system. As you explore Zereth Mortis and learn to decipher the language of the Automas, you gain access to new powers. But the Renom 80 is the maximum attainable.

6 Likes

aight sounds cool. thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

there will be no grinding of artifact power in BFA…

15 Likes

Sounds like Ion said that the only systems on SL will be at launch and now we’ve another one.

41 Likes

Instead of leveling up our renown, we level up our not-renown so we can use certain things. Wowza

55 Likes

So two or three letters a week?

Not dead, just renamed.

29 Likes

There is always going to be progression. Lets see what it is before we blow our tops ok crew?

3 Likes

BB8 rep IS the new renown.

1 Like

Let me guess. Deciphering the language will require us to collect cipher tokens that we will be turning in weekly to eventually decipher the whole thing. Which will take about 2-2.5 months.

Tokens will drop from raids, certain lore quests and dungeons.

Along the way we’ll get minor power ups at certain stages of deciphering.

13 Likes

yeah, imagine having to level up character power in an RPG! Who do they think they are!!!

4 Likes

TBH I think they did all they could with Renown, I mean what more could they add to it without bloating it and/or just giving us another empowerment tree?

Hoping for some nice ketchup then :]

Thats cuz theres gonna be another system

1 Like

Same thing as what’s there now, +stams, +WQ ilvl increase, +pvp gear upgrade level increase, mounts, titles, pets, Renown could go on forever

1 Like

Not surprising, they made reference to it in the video. I caught it right away.
They do this to test stuff for 10.0
[Hey Ion, how about you stop lying big guy about not adding more crap like this]

3 Likes

Renown was tied to covenant and that realm. You are essentially in a different plane of something. They could easily do more but I think they wanted to test something else for 10.0

Just wanted to paint this blue and add a thought. It looks like we mentioned Soulbinds in the video.

We don’t have plans to update Soulbinds in Eternity’s End.

15 Likes

Didn’t make the budget between ripping out emotes and changing art?

15 Likes

Yeah for a moment I thought about this too

So does this mean the soulbinds passives won’t work in mortis?

Yikes

Blue mods aren’t in charge of developing WoW just pass the word

Sorry that you think these community managers are the official developers

6 Likes