50 Characters per server, but only 1 DH?

This limitation is not being lifted in the next content update on March 12.

Side note: On my second most-played realm, I haven’t created a Demon Hunter yet. I’ve been thinking I’d like his name to be something associative with how he sounds in battle. So maybe YEAOWW. Or OOUAHHH.

It would be fun to hear my raid team refer to me by that name in voice comms.

20 Likes

Silly Kaivax, you can’t have three consecutive letters in a name.

5 Likes

I’m going to point and laugh if they start referring to you as “that DH dude with the annoying name.”

giggles and hides

2 Likes

I think you mean vowels. :wink:

Unless you were referring to the "H"s. Then ignore me. :innocent:

Hmm… how would you spell out the eye beam sound?

BCHZZHZZHZZH

13 Likes

I have a DH on my main server but I also have a DH on another server I’d like to move over. Is that possible with a paid character transfer or is that verboten? I’d like to know before I waste the gold trying to transfer them.

2 Likes

But this is what I don’t get about the restriction removal anyway - do people really want more than one of each class on one server anyway? I mean I play a literal ton of alts, but it has never crossed my mind to think “boy I’d like to do the exact same thing in the exact same place again”.

I’d much rather there was a way to raise the overall cap, for those of us who were playing on multiple servers when there was only 10 classes, and now having to make “which toon do I delete to make room” choices since there are 12 classes to fit on each server (and maybe more to come in the future?)

That’s a dirty word in Russian though.

Wonder if it will let me use it.

Role players do.
Gold farmers do.
Masochists do.

There’s plenty of reasons to have duplicates on the same server. I have 2 accounts and play on only 2 servers (usually just one of the two mostly each expansion). By the end of any expansion I usually have at least 4 druids and 4 rogues at max on the same server.

I ended Legion with 31 110s and god knows how many other characters at or above 100.

The per server limitation being removed (if it is? The blue wasn’t really clear if it was just the demon hunter restriction being lifted or if they changed their mind on the character limit itself) is a wonderful change for some of us, and does not negatively impact others.

That said, I think there should come a point where the overall cap gets raised too, but I think that’s a much smaller issue as most people at that cap have lots of lower levels, name reservations, and bank alts running around.

I have multiple Warriors of different races bc I like the aesthetic of diff races and like the play style of Warriors the best. I’ll probably be rolling a KulTiran Warrior on the 12th. There are other classes I find fun but they’ve never quite matched Warriors as my first love in game.

2 Likes

The per server limitation being removed (if it is? The blue wasn’t really clear if it was just the demon hunter restriction being lifted or if they changed their mind on the character limit itself) is a wonderful change for some of us, and does not negatively impact others.

Yeah we’re getting the 50 characters per server thing with 8.1.5, but still only 1 DH per server, which seems odd to me.

Has that actually been confirmed anywhere?
The closest thing to a confirmation I’ve seen was the Q&A where Ion said that he doesn’t see a reason to have the limitation in place but he didn’t seem 100% confident in his answer. There could have easily been a change of plans or it slipped under the radar after the fact.

I just haven’t seen any actual for- sure confirmation anywhere outside of that.

Yes, the change has been implemented on the PTR.

2 Likes

Awesome then, thanks!
Time to have even more alts than I know what to do with. Someone save me.

6 Likes

Trying to figure out the point of this limitation. I know DKs were limited like this too for a few expansions because they sort of gave a 55 level boost so people can have a quicker time getting to max level to help farm and such, but now we can just make a 110 trial character and use those to farm or pay some $$$ and boost our own alts to 110.

1 Like

To get a second DH on a server: just delete the one on the server, make a new one, restore the old one. Bam, 2 DH’s

8 Likes

That would work best if Velfs could be DH’s… they are the most vocal of all the races.

1 Like

Would be nice if we’d be at least allowed to have one per faction. I had a friend insisted I play on Horde with them so I made a DH during Legion. Now that friend is gone and I absolutely refuse to play the current Horde storyline until something is done about the Murder Witch. I’m to cheap to faction change. I’d rather just level another one but nope, not allowed cause reasons.

1 Like

If I did something like that I know my friends would call me something not proper for polite conversation.