11/28/22 is a go

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go.

Does that mean we’re only getting a fortnight of pre-patch content, and what is it likely to be?

3 Likes

I feel like it’d be a waste of all our times if we didn’t get to punch Onyxia and Nefarian in the snout one last time.

3 Likes

So excite! Much plan! Yes.

Usually prepatches are 3-4 weeks so fingers crossed we at least get that long! Maybe a month away!

Given that it’s been up on PTR for 3 weeks we could get a prepatch as early as next week, though that’s wishful thinking lmao.

The leak has been right on every date so far to my knowledge. So October 25th prepatch seems to be what we should be getting

Yeah. Still not doing it for me.

5 Likes

Wooo!!! and that 50% exp buff is amazing! I’ve got about 2-3 more characters that I’ve been wanting to level cap. I’m ready for the Dragon Isles!!

1 Like

There’s got to be like…nothing left of their bodies. Maybe we could fight their livers and spleens?

Considering we just left shadowlands where we spent re-fighting already dead dudes we killed before and super killing them again. I’m kinda okay with things staying dead forever.

It’s a three stikes you’re out sort of deal, like the Black Knight from Trial of the Champion.

“I have no need for bones to best you!”

3 Likes

is no one else concerned about how short of a timespan this is

like, beta just opened and now we have a release date less than 3 months after

this feels exactly like how things went with shadowlands

4 Likes

It does seem pretty tight.

I’m not in the beta though, so I don’t know how finished/unfinished everything is.

That said, do you think Shadowlands was bad because it was rushed? I think it had fundamentally bad decisions that could not have been made good with more time. Covenants were just not a good mechanic to focus a whole expansion around, and the setting/story had basic problems.

Maybe the customization revamp could have been better with more time? It was probably my favorite thing about Shadowlands, so that would’ve been nice.

5 Likes

i won’t say shadowlands was bad because it was rushed, but it sure didn’t help things. rushing stuff is a huge, huge red flag because it means stuff isn’t finished, stuff hasn’t been tested, stuff hasn’t been reviewed, stuff hasn’t been reworked…

like, we know blizzard. we know that they make bad decisions even when they spend actual years on expansions. it’s exacerbated a thousandfold when they rush to get a product out the door before christmas.

just as a note? dragonflight was announced in april. they have obviously been working on it for a long while before it was announced, but the time between announcement and release will be… april 19, 2022 → november 28, 2022.

that is SO concerning, especially with everything else that’s been going on. we know that blizzard has been shedding artists, designers, developers, team leads, etc. because of all their BS.

i’m not sure i’ll even play DF because of blizzard’s scandals, but… even from the outside looking in I cannot imagine this is going to work out well, even if the actual content is fun

7 Likes

It is concerning, but my expectations have been low for a number of years now so…

On a positive note, hopefully the new ‘expac capital city’ won’t have ring portals in the floor that I accidentally click on all the time taking me to the 2nd floor and when I click back to go to the 1st fl, I accidentally click them again.

I think I’ve spent half of Shadowlands portaling between the 1st and 2nd floors of Oribos.

I spent most of Shadowlands running in circles in that stupid city. I swear I think the flight master moves.

4 Likes

They were working on DF before Shadowlands launched. Stuff in the beta seems pretty tight. How much they have ready for later patches I can’t say. I also can’t say I care if they stumble with it; it’s already far better than Shadowlands from a gameplay (and story) point of view.

4 Likes

I have a big hate for that, and the areas you can’t use a mount in.

1 Like

Dances in preparations!

attack sharply rises cause forgot Dragon Dance does that

The minimal scale of content in Shadowlands makes me suspect they had been working on Dragonlands during or even before Shadowlands launched. This all seems to play out with what happened in WoD.

Shadowlands was also delayed and there had been a lot of feedback from Beta about issues with not enough exp to level to cap among other things. I don’t doubt COVID played a part in this but it’s also possible resources had been split to start on DF, which may have even contributed to Shadowlands delayed launch.

Anyway i came here to psot something else but i forgot

Given all I’ve heard about Shadowlands’ beta, and probably the catastrophic retention data that Blizzard alone has access to, and the general lack of content (Shadowlands shares the same amount of raids as WoD)…I think it’s safe to say Shadowlands was a pump and dump on Blizzard’s end.

I give Blizzard a hard time but come on, if we can see the problems with Shadowlands the folks making it certainly did as well.