"1.12 itemization is why classic is easy"

Well this meme of an excuse from the classic cultists is dead.

Guild literally just killed Onyxia naked (no weapons, armour, trinkets or rings).

h ttps://classic.wowhead.com/news=316861/onyxia-defeated-by-naked-raid-group-in-classic-wow

Link for reference.

Any other excuses from that crowd still standing?

15 Likes

I don’t know what sitting naked at your computer has to do with the difficulty level of Classic Wow.

I guess if you have an uncomfortable chair, or your in-laws are in the same room staring at you…

Its a weird flex is all I am saying, and I think we are taking this whole thing too far.

65 Likes

Ok I’ll admit thats a good one.

7 Likes

i feel like this says more about what a joke full world buffs/consumes make this game than anything else really.

they all were fully world buffed, flasked, and consumed.

26 Likes

Yeah, there’s a reason why locks tanking Ony is a meme. She hits like a wet noodle and all the breaths can be bubbled. Any class in the game can survive being attacked by Ony.

1 Like

There’s been multiple times I’ve healed Ony and had a rogue pick up aggro in phase 3, and just keep on trucking with the rogue main tanking.

1 Like

only one melee in that entire raid though full consume/flasks/world buffs and like 200 fire resist for most the raid and hunter pets tanked

3 Likes

Simply Brilliant! :wink:

You’re also forgetting that we’re using 1.12 talents/skills as well.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t say that is why it’s “easy”. It’s “easy” because of one reason alone, data. The players had a way to play this game for over 15 years due to pservers. Heck, you could do BT with T2, or less if you knew how to do it with the right raid comp.

1 Like

I was going to point this out. The talent system contributed to player power a lot more than the itemization did.

Also world buffs and consumables. They were all totally stacked.

6 Likes

Onyxia is a joke. As in, it has always been a joke, finding creative/difficult ways to kill her is a Vanilla WoW tradition. Back in 2005 there was one paladin doing damage with like 10 healers on him, a 4-man kill, a 3-man kill (with Naxx gear), a 40 priests kill… The list goes on.

It is interesting that someone found a way to kill her while naked though.

8 Likes

It is only interesting if they weren’t using weapons and had like 20 melee punching her. That would be awesome lol.

4 Likes

They three manned onyxia in vanilla using naxx gear. Onyxia is a joke, your stab at itemization doesn’t mean much. This game is gonna be way easier than it was in vanilla, but MC/BWL and even AQ in a minor way are all gonna be extra easy with 1.12 itemization.

7 Likes

Later itemization isn’t just inherently stronger anyway, unless someone has like a full comparison of options it’s a pretty weak claim.

1. Actually the itemization is a massive upgrade over the original gear.
  2. Players are far more optimized and try hard than they were in vanilla overall, the best are still the best and the worst still exist.
  3. Massive buffs to spells and abilities are a huge power gain, if you dont see this you are foolish.
  4. The talent trees are far more optimized allowing for far greater power in many ways for every class, some talents went from 5 points requires for the effect to 2 or 3, some were just massively buffed and new more powerful talents were added. Both ways of buffing the talent trees opened up a lot more options and performance for the classes.
  5. Some say its only 10% increase in stats from legit original vanilla to 1.12, but tell me something how massive is 10% stats again? Its tremendous, and 10% across the board in stats is many cases is a lot more than 10% output, not to mention some of the items got complete overhauls that are just amazing and very much enjoyed.
  6. We have literally been doing the content for 10 years+
  7. You are trolling, and your post is as badly informed as the people who would say that there is no difference in power between playing Classic WoW and the burning crusade, the differences are numerous and great.
6 Likes

I mean…

It’s part of the reason classic is easy.

Nobody with a modicum of intelligence has said that it’s the sole reason, just that it’s a significant factor. Power creep in itemization contributes (across the entire player base) - as do more widespread use of consumes/world buffs.

1 Like

Really you got any math to show that…

especially since fury 1.1 is stronger than fury 1.12

1. no its not, I have yet to see a single person show the math on this and the one person I did see do the math showed that most itemization that mattered was in place by 1.6
  2. this is a pointless statement and actually detracts from your point.
  3. Again, would love to see the math on this since I have not seen that and I have looked again fury warriors are stronger in 1.1 than 1.12
  4. This might be true for some specs but defiantly not true for all specs, Fury Warriors 1.1 talents are actually stronger than 1.12… so would love to see the math for this claim as well.
  5. who is this some? where is there math for that 10%? you make lots of claims and have no evidence for any of it.
  6. most of us have not been playing on private servers so not actually true
  7. love how you claim someone is badly informed after making a bunch of statements with 0 evidence to back them up, multiple of which are easy to show as factually incorrect…

TLDR: show the math or shut up

1 Like

Do your own school work. I have been playing private servers for a long time, I know the score well and how much many classes gain from what look like small stat boosts, especially warriors and rogues, it’s utterly ridiculous how much DPS warriors and rogue gain from stats.

Not even gonna read the rest of your post because you are trolling.