1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Question out of pure curiosity: What does “AV” mean? I know that 1.12 is the patch/version of the game, but I don’t know what “AV” means.

Alterc Valley, the BG

Ooooh! Ok, so this won’t apply to me since I don’t enjoy PvP.

Then you are in luck, seeing as PVP will not be happening in 1.12 AV.

4 Likes

wtf do you mean?

You know quite well what I mean.

nah not really

in the version of AV we are getting, Ally and horde players virtually never come into contact with eachother. in this version the BG is just a race to see who can cap towers faster and kill the boss.

4 Likes

Blackrock Mountain will have more PVP than 1.12 AV.

Considering that’s been the preferred strategy for as long as it has, I wonder if somebody could take the other team by surprise by actually defending the boss.

I feel bad for the people that never got to experience AV in all it’s glory. All the NPCs, the Turn-ins, the tough as nails tower and flag defenders, rescuing your factions captured NPCs, the summons, the bombers. Actually fighting over the mines and resources, etc. Good times good time. It’s not just a nostalgia thing. It felt like a breathing living battle. The eb and flow could change with a properly timed summon or two.

But it’s all moot. I’ll take what I can get and hope that AV weekends will cause people to give a damn and fight.

8 Likes

The Alterac Mountain/Hillsbrad zones will have more PVP than 1.12 AV.

true in the beginning there is always a huge brawl in those areas

yep, the AV is the biggest disappointment for me. by far.

i would be willing to wait another 6 months for release, if they just somehow put all of their efforts from now on, in to making AV closer to what they know most of us want.

10 Likes

Thing is, AV is probably 6 months from release itself, and we still have over a month till release.

More PVP in STV than AV.

Where you’d go to bed and then rejoin the same fight? How was this possible was there only 1 av going at a time on a server?

Prior to crbgs this happened. Was not common, but it was indeed a thing.

I feel sad that I am excited that my favorite version of AV is coming back but everyone else hates it. :flushed:

Regularly, when you were on a PVE or underpopulated PVP server, especially an unbalanced one. Back before you were cross server.