1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

This is what bothers me about the current state of Blizzard, it feels like subscribers are not being heard. I understand that corporations have to make money, but Blizzard is making substantial amounts from releasing WoW classic. It seems they are putting forth minimal effort to satisfy the needs of their consumers. I am debating whether to continue my support of WoW classic and Blizzard. I’m only one subscription, but I can’t be the only person that feels this way.

5 Likes

The 1.12 AV decision was made about 18 months ago. And it still bothers you?

Or are you expecting a constantly-changing game, that keeps changing the way YOU want (not the way “the playerbase” wants)?

One of the biggest reasons I was excited about Classic was my love for original AV… when I heard it was 1.12 I never did a single queue, and looking at all the posts of the imbalance and lack of fun, I’m glad I didn’t… what a horrible waste by Blizzard, out of touch with the playerbase as always… took years of kicking and screaming for them to even release Classic in the first place.

8 Likes

I actually grinded AV to exalted back in Vanilla. The original version was literally like an endless battleground where you could stay for an hour and rack up HKs and honor until the DRs hit. The constant pushing back and forth was entertaining. There was way more NPCs and stuff you had to kill on the map.

Once they updated the map it became more of a race to the end and matches usually didn’t last more than 15 minutes.

1 Like

it still bothers a lot of people, as evidenced by this thread having continued for over a year and a half. troll elsewhere.

3 Likes

I wish they would just release 1.5 AV as an option so people could see that what they liked about it wasn’t the map itself.

Pretty sure they liked fun. This one isn’t fun.

2 Likes

This thread to massive :sweat_smile: can’t read it all… Yes Av has always been in favor for the horde, but hey alli still win sometimes. Its far to late to fix Av, alliance have already accepted that Av is not a place for them so not afk’ing and working as a team is just a lost memory of days passed. The battle ground is much to quick for the size of it. Alliance used to win much more in vanilla as there was more opportunity to overcome the disadvantages because of the longer battles. The spirit of Av is long gone. you’ll never get those days back from vanilla it was like a game in a game. Instead of standing in stormwind lfm to do a dungeon you would be lfm to go on stealth mission or Locking down a bunker for 2hours, it was very fun and I have very fond memories of that time. I was very disappointed when Av was released in classic and it was nothing not even a tiny bit like the old days oh well :older_adult:

Yeah, I am considering leaving this garbage service too, Ill see when I reach 60 and enjoy all the “features” of being 60. I have left in the past so I am not an addicted fanboy that can’t unsub and give Blizzard the middle finger if I don’t like their stupid desicions.

The AV described here sounds really cool, it is a shame completely that they didn’t put this is.

Anyway why original Blizzard (not this travesty of clows worried more about character genders and being overal hypocrites) removed the old AV in place for the new one in 1.12?

It’s one of those things that sounds cool but isn’t.

The version we have in classic existed in vanilla as long as the 1.5 version. The 1.5 version which was changed because in practice people didn’t really like it.

1 Like

Dude that was the whole point of classic, it’s why we’re all here.

If you want major uneeded changes including your beloved map.

<---- Retail is thataway

So people didn’t like the long battles like they were playing Planet Side 2?, why they didn’t liked that, sounds really amazing and a feature.

Well when they released the 1.5 version in retail it turns out that nothing about it automatically forces those long battles. It was zerged and had short games just like the version we have.

Those long games were caused by players but weren’t anything inherent to the map itself.

1 Like

If players caused them it means they liked them. But I suppose old Blizz really had a reason to remove them, this :clown_face: on the other had I don’t trust them.

I agree the changes horde whined for and got should be rolled back so we can have #nochanges.

Surely you agree?

Well not really, there’s also nothing about the current version that prevents long games. So if the players liked them we would have them now regardless.

1 Like

How about the changes Alliance whined for?

:cactus:

You mean the ones that we haven’t gotten?

How about the one that prevents 10-20 Alliance from being stranded against 40 Horde due to queue dodging?

:cactus:

You mean the legitimate bug they fixed that wasn’t actually a change?