11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

I spent 50 minutes either stuck on the “logging in” screen or, more frustratingly, getting into the game and then being unable to interact with NPCs. Additionally, I could chat AT people but couldn’t read their chats. I finally did an complete uninstall and reinstall, and that seemed to have worked in the short term. If course, had to completely reinstall my add ons and lost all my accumulated add on data.

1 Like

Central Jersey with Fios. Same issue for the last two nights at least.

1 Like

Looks like everyone is back online… but we’re definitely going to be seeing posts again tomorrow.

Windows uses ICMP to send packets during a tracert command but Verizon seems to have disabled something in their network for IPv6 release/testing/setup/whatever, so the typical Windows/MTR tracert is only showing the sending IP and receiving IP addresses. Some FIOS customers seem to be able to get the tracert to show all of the address hops but if you are only getting the two, you wont be able to see anything else.

UDP and TCP seem to still work, so if you have UNIX of LINUX available, you can use the traceroute command or MTR for one of those two OS and will be able to see the entire string.

Still going on the next morning.

What an absolute joke.

Yep. Tried logging in to a completely black character screen again. Its really, really odd though. I have the client open while Im typing this. If I switch back to the client, my computer makes a very slight high pitched “whirling” noise. I can switch back and forth between the client and Chrome and notice the sound. Its the strangest thing that I had to get a recording of it. It stopped doing it as soon as I force closed the client. I just noticed this today. Im not sure if it has been doing this before this morning.

As I have said before, I have a brand new gaming laptop that is having the same problems with WoW so this “whirling” noise from my desktop isnt hardware causing this whole problem.

This is starting to get out of hand. I cannot play the game like this. It’s constantly lagging out and breaking then when I alt + f4 I cannot login to game server. Literally wasting game time on staring at a login screen. I’m starting to seriously lose it.

Still having the issue as of 7:57am

1 Like

What the hell is going on. Also South Jersey here

Fios North Jersey here.

Every single day I have tried to play since the world PVP update, I randomly drop connection and when I try to come back in game, I get stuck “logging in to game server”. This lasts anywhere between 45-60 minutes before I can log back in.
Turning on a VPN resolves the issue.

It’s bad enough that I have to sit in a 60-90 minute queue, get to play for an hour or two before getting dropped

1 Like

Vpn isnt a fix though. Shouldnt have to do that to play the game lol. Vzn and/or blizz needs to get their $hit together. It’s almost 2020. They have the technology. We’re paying them both for provided services.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Our network team is requesting more information about the Verizon issues in this thread. If you would like to help with our investigation please reply with the info below. Thank you.

1. If you play other Blizzard games do you experience connection issues in those games at the same time as the problem here? If so, which games?
2. Approximate time frames (for example 7pm-9pm EST) the problem appears to start and stop. Is it the same time each day?
3. Operating system (Win 7, Win 10, Mac Catalina, etc.)
4. Make and model of router
5. Does the issue occur with both IPv4 and IPv6 in WoW?

• If you are unable to log in but you can get to the main screen for WoW, click on System -> Network -> “Enable IPv6 when available”
  • Try connecting with this setting enabled and disabled to see if there’s a difference.
  1. Only plays World of Warcraft.
  2. 8:45pm - 2am+ EST. Biggest issues were Monday Nov 18 and Wed Nov 13, but has been happening all week. Had the same issue on Thursday of Classic Launch.
  3. Win 10.
  4. Verizon G1100.
  5. Both with ipv4 and ipv6 enabled.
1 Like
  1. Only play WoW Classic
  2. First happened 11/18 from 9 pm to 10:30 pm EST
  3. Mac OS Mojave
  4. Not sure, it’s whatever Verizon supplied. I will check when I get home
  5. I’ve only tried the default, will try the other tonight

I am in North Jersey and have FIOS

Please pass this to your tech team. I had a friend who is a senior devops engineer take a look at the routes.

Basically, Telia is the problem. He’s run into this recently. Verizon should be able to get to blizzard without going through Telia. They need to black list them in their bgp table. There should be another path available.

Blizzard will have to lean on Verizon to do this.

Also the route itself “works”. It’s probably an ACL on telia’s router.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

I can post traceroutes but it’s most definitely with Verizon FIOS.

I flushed my DNS. Tried changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 still nothing.

Tried a manual IP address. No luck.

Repaired game 5 times, work once, then booted me again.

Reinstalled game to a separate SSD, still did nothing.

Deleted all cache files, Program Data files for Battle net and Blizzard.

The only luck was with a VPN.

2 Likes
  1. Primarily WoW; when WoW goes down I try other Blizz games to test connectivity. My finding is:
    a. I cannot log into Overwatch, yet to test other titles. AND…
    b. I have a second account with no game time on it which I CAN log into without any issue.
  2. Times seem to consistently be in the evening. Last night was about 9p - 11p (east). I have a friend who has reported the same time frame, also north NJ, also Fios.
  3. Windows 10
  4. Router provided by Verizon - looks to be “Fios Quantum Gateway” (I’m not at home to double check at the moment).
  5. Unable to test at this time.
1 Like
  1. WoW Classic and WoW Retail both had issues with logging in.
  2. 11/18/19 around 9 PM Eastern US time. I am located in Central NJ/Trenton area
  3. Windows 10
  4. Verizon Quantum Gateway AC1750
  5. Looks to be occurring with both/either.
  1. Wow Retail & Classic only (I was able to log on to Diablo/Heroes. husband was playing Overwatch on xbox)
  2. First happened 11/18 from 9 pm to 10:30 pm EST
  3. Mac OS
  4. Model: Fios- G1100; Fios Quantum Gateway
  5. ipv6

FIOS, in New Jersey

1. just World of Warcraft.
  2. 4:30 pm and 9 pm EST on 18th. also on 13th
  3. Win 10.
  4. Verizon G1100.
  5. Both with ipv4 and ipv6 enabled.