11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

Post here at Verizon as well:

vz.to/2r34ixO

1 Like

Tried to log in for the first time tonight and could only get to the character screen which is completely black. Did this twice.

Sucks, I really needed to finish my TW weekly on 4 alts. Guess I wont be getting the mythic chest on any.

Derp.

Fios North Jersey checking in. Stuck at connecting to server for Wow Classic. I was in earlier tonight but since then I keep getting disconnected after having the “running in place” problem for a bit

Jersey City, NJ checking in here. Same issue as everyone described. Strange disconnects all week, and now I haven’t been able to log in all night, stuck at “Logging in to game server” for wow classic Earthfury. Laughable that Verizon and Blizzard are just going to point fingers at each other and we just get to sit here like a bunch of lemons…

2 Likes

Can you elaborate please?

Same problem as the others. Verizon Fios in NJ, stuck at Logging In screen.

Traceroutes:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 137.221.105.2

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  24.105.62.129

Pathping:

Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 PC. fios-router.home [192.168.1.8]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 24.105.62.129

Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 PC.fios-router.home [192.168.1.8]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 137.221.105.2

Anyone able to log in yet?

Same problem again tonight… Verizon attempting to change IP address etc… doesn’t sound promising lol

Same here. FiOS in Shrewsbury, NJ. One account gets stuck at “Logging Into Game Server”, but the other one does not. VPN fixes the stuck issue.

Lets add some to the Mix!!! Central jersey stuck at login screen!! DCed during a gallywix sale!

Same! North Jersey Fios and can’t get in.

2 Likes

north jersey fios, also stuck at Logging into Game Server.

2 Likes

Bad node indicates an issue between your connection and that location. Something between the way the handoff between the blizzard peering node indicated and our local connection is causing a 630 ms+ delay.

Switched over to Mudfish VPN, (used it for FFXIV, it’s pay per data usage and only links to the executable file, can buy 3 GB for 3 bucks, which should be enough for plenty of play. Lasted me months in XIV), and I got through no issues.

2 Likes

after restarting my router, I was able to log in. Once in game I was able to play for a few minutes before the npc’s and other players began to run in place again. I was unable to log out or exit the game from within the client. After using task manager to close the program, I am unable again to get past the “logging into game server” prompt.
For completeness, I am still able to log into WoW Classic with no issues.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! Happened 4 days in a row at night time for HOURS at a time. Missed my raids for this crap.

• Central New Jersey
  • Fios
  • I can log onto retail but gets stuck on Logging in to game server for classic.

Northeastern Jersey, fios. It only started giving me an issue ~2-3 days ago. Stuck on logging into game server when trying to log on, and even when I try to swap to my main realm when I manage to get in.

2 Likes

Central NJ FIOS here.

Yeah, we need Blizzard’s help with this. Verizon is happy to tell Joe Customer they can pay $$$ for “advanced tech support” nonsense when it isn’t anything to do with our home networks/equipment, it’s a hop within Verizon’s infrastructure.

Blizz definitely has more pull, more contacts, more juice to talk to FIOS’ NOC and properly pin this down and get Verizon’s engineers to resolve.

3 Likes

Central NJ fios here, disconnects and stuck at login for last 2 nights, just found this thread.

1 Like

just got on finally – see how long it lasts boys

1 Like

Post here at Verizon make it their problem too

vz.to/2r34ixO

2 Likes