Kul Tiran and Zandalari Video on Launcher?

Those of us on GD have. So what 10% of the playerbase? If that?

Nothing wrong with posting a video explaining everything ahead of time on a screen everyone sees.

1 Like

3 Likes

oops your right, I mistyped

1 Like

Although it’s funny, nowhere on the video, nor the blog, nor the 2 sticked Blizzard posts does it actually say 8.1.5 it just talks about upcoming patch.

Get our your tinfoil hats!

1 Like

I’ve already got my Zandalari Pally name Leonhands reserved on my server, and I’m ready to go!

1 Like

What Akston said.

We are doing our best to spread far and wide how to prepare for the upcoming release of these Allied Races. I have seen some complaints about how we’ve kept things like this secret in the past and so it seems like a good idea to beat the war drums on this one. Some people may still be caught off guard by the requirements but we are doing our best to avoid that.

5 Likes

This is understandable, but can we get a date for said allied races? If you want to prepare people for them, knowing how long they have until they’re out is a good way of knowing how much prep time they have.

5 Likes

How about we just release a core feature of the expansion, yah know… When you release the expansion?

9 Likes

Allied races are a core feature of the expansion. Almost all seemed to have been released at the expansion release date. Its 2 races that were tied deeply to the story. It would make no sense, storywise, to release KT/Zandy immediately.

2 Likes

If Blizzard were to give you an exact date and something happened and they were to hold off could you imagine the backlash they would receive. Yah they are not going to open that can of worms, it is best they just give us a projected date.

1 Like

I just mentioned in another thread, but we haven’t announced a date yet. There are a number of other things in the patch that we are working on and need to get them all together so the content update can be released. I know the waiting is rough but we are getting closer as people have seen the progress on the PTR. Hang in there and we’ll announce… when it’s ready, heh.

1 Like

Going off-topic here, but considering that oft-quoted remark from Watcher about why vendors aren’t added – that players wouldn’t know where to find them – couldn’t you guys just “do your best to spread far and wide” such information about anything added to the game (like vendors) ?

5 Likes

Get out of here with this nonsense argument of “LOL lore”.

Clearly this done to buy enough time so that the 3 developers still working on this game can make enough band aide animations because it couldnt be done initially with the full release.

We literally saved the Zandalari princess in the first few moments of BFA, nations have been tied together for far less in both fiction and nonfiction alliances.

9 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

We’re really just asking for a rough estimation of when 8.1.5 will drop here. Can we expect to see it in a week, a month? Is the raid releasing with 8.1.5 or afterwards like Battle for Dazar’alor?

3 Likes

Is this more content we will be seeing on the PTR to test, or the class balances you’ve discussed? If it’s the latter, I’ll be a bit disappointed we saw a full month of no class changes during builds, only to have the finished content delayed because class changes are happening now.

2 Likes

The common sense would dictate to not waste peoples time with information that’s already readily available and has been for MONTHS with a pointless waste of time video that doesn’t offer any new information.

3 Likes

It’s called creating hype. Sure, putting the requirements out there is a good idea, but this is just to get people more excited about them so they stay subbed in hopes of playing them “soon”. Blizzards marketing team is pretty smart, but those carrots on those sticks don’t taste too good these days.

1 Like

Because it’s been the same carrot for 14 years. The sticks have gotten slightly longer each expansion, but need new carrots!

2 Likes

“Soon”

:wink: