Kul Tiran and Zandalari Video on Launcher?

There I was, starting up my launcher ready to do some more of the same ol same ol BfA grindfests and lo and behold, what is that which my eyes see?!

"ZANDALARI AND KUL TIRAN ALLIED RACES?! OMG! “Here they are! Finally!”… boy.

But it’s just a video saying what we all already know. With no date. Nothing.

So, dear Blizz, what exactly is the point of the video? What are you doing and why?

19 Likes

The video also outlines what needs to be done ahead of time to acquire the allied races when they do drop. Which is a common question.

8 Likes

What Akston said.

Or it may just be a big screw you to everyone. That’d be rude though. Probably what Akston said.

4 Likes

Except we’ve known that since forever at this point…

4 Likes

They almost gave us information that we didn’t already know, that was a close call there. Imagine the chaos if they had let an estimated release date slip.

5 Likes

But not everyone comes to the forums.

Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved more information. But its clear this is just a short informative clip for people that may still be unaware of what is needed to unlock the races.

I would imagine a rather large part of the player base doesnt frequent the forums or read every mmochampion/wowhead article. Thats all I am saying.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the zillion WoW FB groups that also cover pretty much everything, too. And Reddit. And Twitter.

I mean, anyone who plays an online game and is not up to date on things they’re interested in through one of the many platforms available is just not interested enough in such things and the purpose of this teaser remains irrelevant.

1 Like

I so wish they were out now. Imagine them coming out on a Friday. That would be my weekend evenings right there. Especially since it’s just been raining lately.

4 Likes

The Zandalari look…weird with the paladin wings.

3 Likes

Actually I didn’t know all the requirements till i saw the video, I assumed it would involve something to do with being exalted with Proudmoore at the very least.

And it will be released with 8.1.5

1 Like

Aye, I agree. I’ll be rolling a zandaladin though, but I wish the wings looked different. Something more loa-like or whatever.

3 Likes

I do look at those other platforms and until up to now it was all speculation I like waiting for the official word from Blizzard and now I know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those of us on GD have. So what 10% of the playerbase? If that?

Nothing wrong with posting a video explaining everything ahead of time on a screen everyone sees.

1 Like

3 Likes

oops your right, I mistyped

1 Like

Although it’s funny, nowhere on the video, nor the blog, nor the 2 sticked Blizzard posts does it actually say 8.1.5 it just talks about upcoming patch.

Get our your tinfoil hats!

1 Like

I’ve already got my Zandalari Pally name Leonhands reserved on my server, and I’m ready to go!

1 Like

What Akston said.

We are doing our best to spread far and wide how to prepare for the upcoming release of these Allied Races. I have seen some complaints about how we’ve kept things like this secret in the past and so it seems like a good idea to beat the war drums on this one. Some people may still be caught off guard by the requirements but we are doing our best to avoid that.

5 Likes

This is understandable, but can we get a date for said allied races? If you want to prepare people for them, knowing how long they have until they’re out is a good way of knowing how much prep time they have.

5 Likes

How about we just release a core feature of the expansion, yah know… When you release the expansion?

9 Likes