Who do we have to beg for an update

I know I’m not the only one constantly searching the web for any hint at anything. Just give us an update please?

21 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You’ve sacrificed everything…including your patience.

9 Likes

XD don’t judge me

2 Likes

The better question imo is “why” do we have to beg for updates.I am actually emailed updates for games like Crowfall and Worlds Adrift. Is it that those companies actually want to court their customers and do not take them as a given?

13 Likes

I would also like an update please. Notes, beta, server lists…just something guys.

2 Likes

No one. Information will be made available:

Soon™

12 Likes

At the rate they’re going it’ll be closer to the end of the year before classic is released. At that point I likely won’t be interested in trying it anymore because my two main games will have released their new expansions around the beginning of April and I’ll be having too much fun with them, and quite frankly classic will become a side note memory at best. Blizz is gonna be late to the party.

1 Like

We are close enough to launch that a confirmed launch date is not too much to ask.

4 Likes

Why should they give updates when any time they do, a certain sect of the forum population immediately attacks them and picks their posts apart?

Not worth it.

Don’t give any updates until the game is released.

4 Likes

Classic Discussion bro

4 Likes

He probably came in here by clicking on “Community” which conglomerates threads from all 3 subforums onto one screen. Happens a lot.

2 Likes

We waited 8 1/2 months between Blizzcon Nov 3rd 2017 and the Dev Watercooler post on June 15th 2018 when we received our first update.

Its been 3 1/2 months since Blizzcon 2018. The sense of entitlement to getting updated information is frankly, shocking to me.

Have some patience, information will come.

4 Likes

I’m still getting uneasy parallels between this and Everquest Next.

Sony sold its online games division to a russian oligarch which reincorporated under the name “Daybreak Games”. They internally cancelled Everquest Next, but denied it because they were making money from it not being “officially” cancelled.

Activision laid off 700+ employees, said Blizzard would have no major releases this year. And I’m sure there are people playing Blizzard games again (whether retail wow, or other franchises) to mentally gear up for the launch.

The only evidence we have that the game is still being developed is that we’ve been told by a CM (our CM, the one who said he’d never lie to us was fired). The only justification for taking that insistence that the game has not been cancelled at face value is trust in Blizzard. That trust has evaporated over more than a decade of mismanagement. If we still trusted Blizzard, #nochanges wouldn’t need to be a thing.

Again, not saying it’s been cancelled, just saying that a cm saying that it hasn’t, is not evidence. Reminiscing about vanilla with us on the forums does not constitute an update.

We really need to start demanding proof of life.

2 Likes

I guess you missed the playable demo at BlizzCon.

4 Likes

Demanding? they don’t owe you anything in the way of updates.

These entitlement claims are insane IMO.

I want updates as much as the next person but I also understand that these things take time and if they answer 1 question but leave another untouched it will cause a firestorm of speculation about the the unanswered question.

They don’t work for you, they don’t report to you. They are breathing life into a dead and buried game BECAUSE THEY LOVE IT as much as we do.

Please let them work on it without fear of a revolt from the player base PURELY based on the fact that YOU don’t think you have gotten enough information fast enough.

5 Likes

I think you missed the years of begging for this experience and then shutting us down deleting every question because they didn’t wanna do it I think for that they owe us updates.

2 Likes

The one with awesome regen rates and all kinds of changes? No, I was there and it was fun with the changes.

A demo that was admitted to be a half-way-done port from current wow. That they took the time to tell us about how they were FIXING things to bring them back in line with Vanilla.

You people amaze me…

1 Like

I get your point, but we waited MUCH longer between Blizzcon 2017 and the dev watercooler update.

Chill out, take a deep breath and have some dang patience.