Stuck between Priest or Paladin

Keepin it simple. Planto roll Alliance PVP NA EST. Want to play as a Healer for end game. Aiming for raiding scene and some world PvP/Bgs. I want to roll Paladin but I wonder if they will be over populated compared to priest. It is hard to say. I know both are good healers end game.

Paladin nor priest was overpopulated, because healing classes were underpopulated, and paladins were alliance only.

Paladin was one of the least played classes in vanilla. However, how people played then isn’t necessarily an indication of classic.

3 Likes

Paladins can AOE grind content better than any class except mage, even (especially?) while holy specced. That makes them more viable, in my opinion, to lead an independent existence at 60, able to farm their own gold and mats pretty efficiently. For me at least, that is a huge consideration.

They are also very powerful healers at all points of the game, from Deadmines on up. There will always be competition for gear from the pool from which holy paladins draw their upgrades, if that is your concern re: population, but landing those plate or mail healing pieces when they drop feels quite rewarding and the priest, of course, could never use these pieces.

It is a luxury to be able to take advantage of all 4 gear armor classes.

5 Likes

Do you want to heal or do you want to heal and manually buff 39 other people?

Honestly, I’m not too familiar with the different particulars of healing.

Thought this was a set up for a joke.

I would go w/ a paladin. They are more versatile and fun to play solo.

Unless you are making a Dwarf priest for the fear ward. Then I would go that route.

That is going to come back right? Specific races having specific spells?

1 Like

there was more paladins than priests that raided

1 Like

I would pick Priest since I already played Paladin in end game. Not that I think it was bad. It was good fun. I would just prefer to play something new for the experience. You also have more diversity for healing as a Priest.

For raids, dwarf priests could practically charge gold for their services.

why do people like you pretend that Greater Blessings weren’t in patch 1.12 ?

9 Likes

Hey, we don’t know for sure they’re going to be available at the start. Probably, but no guarantee yet.

I’m going to say you’d be fine as paladin if you were a happy and willing healbot, and it would be easier to deal with the leveling and PvP side without regular talent resets.

Both are excellent healers endgame. I think You will find priest much more fun to level plus you get some very fun skills like mind control and levitate for all kinds of pvp mayhem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Priest for fun with mana burn.

1 Like

Patch 1.12. Besides the AQ books, everything trainable will be in the game on release. Greater blessings are trainable.

3 Likes

This. You can get 2/2 Improved Mana Burn, Mind Flay, and 2/2 Improved Psychic Scream in the same build. I mean. Seriously.

You’ll be fine with either or, do what you want. If you level as holy ouch good luck. Just don’t be shy as hell and you’ll find people who love you, and a warrior who will cling to you and be your best friend, treat em well enough and you’ll have your tank / BG buddy for life simple as that.

2 Likes

Yes we do, they’re using patch 1.12

This is some good feedback. I saw a pretty large poll done and it seemed like a lot more people were going Paladin compared to priest if I recall correctly. I still have time to decide "but I am leaning priest a bit more now

If you’re into PvP healing with some friends, Paladin for sure. If you’re going to just casually mess around in BG’s, then either works. Both also work well for PvE, unless you decide you want to try and tank.

Personally I find healing on a paladin awful and would rather castrate myself with rusty barbed wire. Priest gets my vote any day of the week.

1 Like

Would you rather be a sissy in a dress or AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER IN ARMOR? THE HARBRINGER OF DOOM FOR THE LIGHT. ALLOW THE LIGHT TO WEILD YOU AS AN INSTRUMENT OF JUSTICE. STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF THE HORDE. BE PRAISED BY ALLIES. GET SUPER LIKED ON TINDER. THE WORLD COULD BE YOURS SOLDIER!

8 Likes