Personal Favorite Race?

Hi all,

Just thought I’d make this post out of curiosity. I know it’s been done MANY times before, but, I wanted to get my own discussion running here, as, I thought it would be a good way of immersing back into the community.

Very simply, what is your favorite race in WoW and why?

This is not a debate, it’s an opinionated, open, discussion with no correct answer, so, let’s remain civil.

Dwarf wins it for me. Love everything about them. Their culture, capital, voices, beards and brash loyalty make them my favorite race overall.

11 Likes

As an altaholic I love all my children equally.

21 Likes

Undead.

That said, I play mostly Alliance. I don’t care much for the Horde, only the Forsaken. I’m a huge fan of the Lich King and the mythos around him, and playing undead keeps me connected to it. Besides, undead are just cool.

Outside of the undead, probably void elves. I’m a huge fan of Lovecraft and his ilk, and playing a void elf is the closest I can get to playing something Lovecraftian.

7 Likes

Haha, that’s a fair way to put it.

I tend to really focus 1 or 2 mains however.

One HAS to be a Dwarf. It’s just a rule haha.

3 Likes

My favorite playable race is Dwarf, hands down. I love their attitude, they have some great emotes (best laugh in game IMO) , their beards are amazing. I love their aesthetic (Architecture, armor, etc.) and I love the pure power & strength they represent.

Overall favorite race in game would have to be the Vrykul. I love the ancient Nordic feel to them, their brash attitudes and their lore is amazing. I’d absolutely love to be able to play them in game (as Alliance of course, there’s no way they’d end up as part of the Horde) and I’d switch almost all of my characters to Vrykul if they ever became playable.

4 Likes

I must say, I do agree with that approach. I am not much for the Alliance, and largely play my Horde characters, but, do see a race from the opposite faction that draws me to it for similar reasons.

1 Like

Everyone here is probably expecting me to say blood elf right?

Gotem! It’s not!

Trolls are my favorite, and I am so excited to make every character I have except fel a Zandalari.

Love the theme, love the lore, love the attitude, love the aesthetics, I love everything about them. I can’t wait to play one!, New main for sure!

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Is this a trick question? O.o

Gnomes forever! Even my horde toons are Gnomes (giggle).

For runner ups… dorfs and trolls.

:cookie:

10 Likes

I love trolls and their ambiance, but, not the biggest fan of their model in-game.

Orb of Deception with this character lets me get a little feel for them. 5m of it hehe.

1 Like

Goblins, followed by Gnomes. I actually like Dwarves, but for some reason just can’t play as one.

2 Likes

Heh. This should be obvious for those that have seen me on the forums.

It’d be San’layn. I love vampires thematically, and before someone comes at me with it, no, I don’t consider Twilight to be a serious addition to the vampire mythos. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen/read.

I am curious to see how Blizzard treats the blood curse in the future.

As for my second favorite, probably dragons. Their lore is alright, I mean I wish it was more… eh… diverse? Different than just “yo we all come from like 5 dragons so when those dragons are put through a problem, wellp, looks like our entire race is doomed!” I like Storm dragons waaaay better than the other dragon lore, and we barely got any lore for them. I hope they refine dragons a bit better.

Actually if dragon lore was better than the nonsense it is currently, I’d enjoy them more than San’layn!

4 Likes

Gnomes are quickly becoming a close 2nd for me as far as playable races go. I made a whole bunch of Gnomes on my linked server and play around with them from time to time and they’re pretty great.

3 Likes

I know im corny but Blood Elves ofc…

4 Likes

Always loved Gnomes.

Wouldn’t play one, but their voices and lines get me every damn time.

5 Likes

Tough question since I love many of the different races. It comes to a tie between Humans, High Elves and Draenei.

Humans probably pull ahead though, the lore and relations between the different human nations and their organizations are pretty interesting. Always was a particular fan of Lordaeron and the Silver Hand, which by proxxy means Arthas and the Scourge plots were very interesting.

1 Like

whispers

I play BE’s as my Horde race.

shhhhh.

7 Likes

wow 3203 posts :sunglasses: 0o

and draenei best and we r sexy to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fantastic post. I definitely agree that some of the races that are purely NPCs should definitely get more emphasis, and, maybe, become playable that way.

2 Likes

My favorite Horde race is Undead followed by the Tauren. All of my Horde characters are Undead except the classes that can’t be Undead, those are Tauren.

1 Like