What mistakes have you made in vanilla, that you'll try to avoid now?

One mistake I’ve made is I didn’t know there are resources outside the game to learn about the game.

I joined late, and feel like I picked the wrong class, then rerolled after having a tough time getting into raids.

2 Likes

I’d say the biggest mistake I made was getting overly invested in a cesspool guild. Hopefully I’m lucky enough to find a nicer guild early on in Classic.

10 Likes

Being incredibly inefficient with my time and gold. I kept bouncing between human and dwarf lands chasing whatever quests I could find instead of just grinding out the last couple levels till the next zone. I also didn’t have a mount until after I was in my 50s, even then I had to borrow gold. Part of it was being a warrior (which I still will be) and part was just me not thinking ahead.

4 Likes

Solo Questing as a Heal Spec. What was I thinking?

13 Likes

This to the max. I was too loyal to the wrong people.

2 Likes

I’m not planning to heal again so I won’t be rolling a hybrid.

4 Likes

But, Druid?
:frowning:

1 Like

Not spending hard-earned gold to purchase a horse for my pally, and then finding out 10 minutes later at the pally trainer that there’s a mount (spell) available at level 40 for less then one gold (it was 80-90 silver I think, can’t remember exactly).

14 Likes

My mistake was not getting further than the mid 30s level-wise. I hadn’t achieved a max level character until Burning Crusade.

2 Likes

My biggest mistake in Vanilla was being 9yh. I will try not to make that mistake again.

14 Likes

Worry so much about gear. I really tried to min max myself the first time to the extent I never had gold from buying perfect boes while leveling.

3 Likes

Playing Alliance…

:cocktail:

9 Likes

Trying (and failing really horribly… TWICE) to do the HWL grind while employed full time and a student.

I’ll still pvp a ton, but rather than spending obscene amounts of time grinding a specific character, I’ll aim to raid on 2, maybe 3 at least enough to get them competitive, and then PvP on those.

A bit also depends on what the plan for servers is regardless… If servers only last 2 years then reset for “fresh” I might just only level a single character each time, and slowly try them all.

Not power game it this time around? lol.

I want to look around and smell the roses.

9 Likes

I joined a guild that was perpetually in MC. RL is going to get in the way for the first year, but after that, I’m going to become one of the top mages.

2 Likes

Not maintaining a Ventrillo server (old school VOIP). Easy nowadays.

Not investing in learning good ui mods, specifically bar replacements.

Never down ranking anything ever cause it never occurred to me (and it’s not really needed in 5 mans).

1 Like

The Honor Grind for gear.

On my server I was putting in about 30 hours a week in the BG’s to hit rank 10. Ridiculous.

Always spending money and never saving up that 1000g for the epic ground mount. Didn’t have that until I finished Zangamarsh the 1st time.

1 Like

I’m gonna play a hybrid and Dps :blush:

1 Like

Was too loyal to a guild perpetually stuck in MC despite offers from other guilds. Only when I made an alt on a different server did I also join a guild capable of progress.

2 Likes