đź—ş | What is your favorite zone in classic?

For me Durotar will always be my favorite zone. It was where I first played wow and I really loved going into the many caves and traveling to echo isles was an interesting quick change of environment. The only thing I disliked was getting that damned goblin warlock’s claw.

For leveling I enjoyed my time in the hinterlands, forest trolls interested me back then and it was really cool to learn more about them during the burning crusade.

8 Likes

Desolace… I love the desert coastline and the little under water area with the Naga.

:cookie:

12 Likes

Un’Goro Crater.

:cocktail:

11 Likes

Tbh, this is a tough question for me. There are a lot of zones I really like, I guess Westfall would be my favorite one if I had to pick 1. It’s just really nostalgic for me, when I got my first pair of shoulder pads, my first blue, and when I walked into Westfall for the first time and seeing those Harvest Watchers right before I left for school.

6 Likes

Desolace is definitely a close second for me, along with Stranglethorn vale.

1 Like

Duskwood is mine

14 Likes

Tanaris, I remember every bi-weekly sunday my GM would host the guild meetings at that “Secret” island south of the area all the way till wrath… Its a good thing he was a warlock tbh otherwise I would have quit due to having to swim out there.

5 Likes

As unpopular as it may be , Feralas has always been a special place for me. I always loved that zone.

18 Likes

That would be a close second for me. I loved the old storylines there too.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Silithus post-1.9. The whole Scarab Lord quest line (didn’t get to actually experience it until I went back and did it in Wrath), the old god lore, and the PvP that was always going on. Such a fun zone. Having to tell the commander his lady turned into an old god-worshiping crazy really hit me.

Burning Steppes/Searing Gorge are a close second because of the PvP and how much the area reminds me of Mordor.

2 Likes

For me it’s a tie between Feralas or Tirisfal, with an honerable mention of Felwood.

2 Likes

I really liked exploring the burning steps and wetlands to see the scars and abandoned weapons from the old orcish horde. There was a lot of great nods to the old warcraft games especially in ashenvale with a literal mound dedicated to GromHellscream. It was sad that blizzard removed the armor of Manoroth from the orcish capital.

Ashenvale, everything about that zone was just beautiful after coming from Darkshore. The scenery, the music, everything.

11 Likes

For horde it was scary. I remember when an ancient protector walked up behind me on the main road there. I thought I was dead when it entangle rooted me but right as it reached the blue bridge that I was on, it turned back around. Honestly after questing in the open deserts that zone was so alien.

3 Likes

Desolace for me as well. The thing i love most about this zone is playing at night on a region locked server. There is nobody around and the moon is glimmering off the dead sand and dirt. You feel like you’re getting a social break in a way and just chilling out by yourself, reflecting on the reasons why you thought playing a shaman was a good idea when you absolutely hate healing.

6 Likes

Teldrassil… nothing compares for me.

Second would be Darkshore.

Night elf isn’t my favorite race at all, but I usually end up rolling so many because they have the big three : T.D.A … after Darkshore, it’s Ashenvale.

5 Likes

Durotar/Barrens is pretty epic… inf act I will go Barrens, such an Iconic landscape that you spend SOOOO much time in. Its great.

I hope they give Mankrik more story in live.

4 Likes

There really isn’t a zone in vanilla i didn’t love. My favorite moment and I still run down down at lvl 120 and run across the bridge from Durotar to Barrens. Such an epic moment in WOW for me finding the next zone. Can’t wait for Classic Server.

6 Likes

I liked the plaque lands and winter spring

2 Likes

I dont like azshara. I just find the zone completely uninteresting. Naga make good henchmen but as a story focus its always been a miss to me.

2 Likes