Class Tuning in Progress -- July 13 -- Updated

you are literally the only person defending these buffs.

I like how Arcane Mage’s can go an entire expansion being completely non-viable and Blizzard does nothing but if Fire Mage isn’t the best for 2 whole weeks it gets a buff.

1 Like

How on EARTH are you able to justify a Shadow Priest nerf? Do you even test these changes? It doesn’t seem like it. Seriously, Blizzard, you guys have been doing nothing but unbalancing with these last hotfixes, I love the game but then again, in FFXIV these things just don’t happen, you end up making classes useless: not talking about the Spriest now (which by the way was balanced and didn’t need an 8% nerf to DP) but take the bottom 5 classes on wclogs. You REALLY should look into improving the classes that are doing the worst instead of just outright nerfing everybody else without playtesting a thing

4 Likes

I honestly miss when we had to think about some things. Granted the debuff allotment for mobs was annoying, I think the idea of keeping certain things active for others was a great system.

As a paladin I miss having Greater Blessings to hand out to the raid, every spec having Aura Mastery to provide support, certain specs providing regen to others, and having special judgements to aid the raid like Judgment of light n wisdom.

1 Like

You forgot Beast Cleave.

We’ve added some PvP offsets to tomorrow’s update.

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Rapid Fire damage increased by 10%.
    • Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Survival
    • Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fireball damage increased by 20%.
    • Fire Blast damage increased by 15%.
    • Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.

Priest

• Shadow
    • Devouring Plague damage reduced by 8%.
    • Dissonant Echoes’ (Conduit) Void Bolt damage reduced by 5%.

Warlock

• Affliction
    • Damage of all spells increased by 5%.

Player versus Player

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fire Blast damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.
    • Pyroblast damage decreased by 5% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.
1 Like

The quickness with which you address fire mage issues is almost funny. I mean, there are multiple specs that are borderline unplayable for entire (and multiple) expansions and this is where the focus goes.

I’m not even surprised or mad anymore. I’m just disappointed.

3 Likes

Is this adjustment a joke?

How is BM/ Survival in ANY needs of buffs in PvP?

THIS should have been a revert and then an added NERF to these classes

2 Likes

You forgot

right?

2 Likes

So affliction, which is over 20 standard deviations behind gets a meaningless 5% buff, and Rogue which is literally 2 standard deviations ahead of the next class doesn’t get nerfed?

If Blizzard will open a position for someone to read charts and interpret data, I’ll happily apply.

1 Like

Nice, showing Blizzard’s VERY obvious bias here. Other classes like Warrior “Your spec is bad? here a 10% attack damage increase on Mortal strike and a 5% increase to your Mastery damage which is still low, you’re welcome”

Mage: 20% 15% and 5% to their main spells

can’t have their most beloved class being below average at anything even if one of their specs is still super strong. ffs…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, Affliction and Fury might be absolutely terrible, but they’re buffing Fire Mage Abilities by 20%, 15%, and 5% to their main 3 when Mages have a spec that is above both Fury and Affliction. It’s their favorite class after all. Oh and Assassin rogues doing massively better than everyone else? Meh no issue here obviously.

2 Likes

Venthyr is the main thing allowing BM and SV to be so strong in pvp. You guys should look into that considering you didn’t bother including kill shot to the pvp nerfs.

3 Likes

Fireball being a filler and Fire Blast a trigger, while the damage dealer gets 5%. It’s only about a 6-7% DPS increase, it’ll still be among the bottom raid specs.

1 Like

Cool so kill shot is still being buffed by 15% in pvp for bm and by 10% for survival. Nice.

They’re not. Frost DK is doing okay numbers in PvE.

That doesn’t make RP feel any less terrible to spend.

Why you tryin to get the other hunter specs put under the microscope eh?

Lol buffing two overperforming specs in PVP.

You guys really going hard on the sauce at the office.

3 Likes

I’ll admit I do not like bm at all and never will but I main survival, and I mentioned survival? I’m not trying to get anything “put under the microscope” I’m mentioning the obvious thing that makes these specs very strong.

I didn’t mention MM because it’s just a mess from what I’ve seen, They’re usually kyrian so it’s like “i either one shot you through this pillar while im max range or i lose the game” i have no idea what to do about that spec

Real talk though it’s so funny how quickly mages get attention while so many other classes/specs get ignored for entire tiers lmao