!CONCLUDED! [H/A/N - RP Event] Remembrance of the Fallen (Thalassian Edition)

!! WARMODE AND CHROMIE OFF FOR THIS EVENT TO AVOID PHASING ISSUES !!

"In honor of those whose blood was shed to secure the survival of our people.
Though the Eternal Sun may set on our darkest day,
it rises again with coming of the dawn."

Event Information

Date & Time: Saturday, October 24th, 2020 at 6:30pm (server)
Event Duration: Short/Mid length - 1 to 1.5 hours
OOC Location: Isle of Quel’danas in front of the graveyard
IC Location: Heroes Memorial Plaque in Quel’thalas
Items Required: Elixir of Tongues & Cross RP addon
Event Document: tinyurl.com/RotFGuide

The Thalassian Elves Network Discord, a community created to primarily network and bring to life the culture of thalassian elven roleplay, presents its first event voted by its members to kickoff its strong start since creation.

Remembrance of the Fallen (RotF) is a citizen driven memorial event that takes place once a year to honor the elven people who fell to the Scourge at Quel’thalas. Influenced from the lore that was released with the Sin’dorei Heritage quest, we have accommodated the event so that it is cross faction friendly to all Thalassian elves and its allies.

As we are aware that memorial events seem to be a relatively popular choice among community event hosts, we intend to bring forth a cultural experience to elven roleplayers, with non-elves welcome to witness and honor alongside them.

Dress Code
Sin’dorei: Red & Gold
Quel’dorei: Blue with silver or gold accents
Ren’dorei: Purple with silver or gold accents
Half Elves: Thalasssian-type association or guest formal
Guests: Formal
As the years pass, the significant importance of these memorials never seems to diminish and is taken seriously by the elves. Enforcing a dress code is pressured upon attendees if they wish to come and pay respects to their fallen kin without any scrutiny.

NOTE: We will be taking screenshots for this event! It would be highly appreciated if the immersive element above with the dress code was followed by everyone! :heart:

Event Schedule

[[They stand before a carefully crafted memorial. Etched in a beautiful polished marble are the thousands upon thousands of names that were on city record, shimmering the Thalassian names of loved ones lost.]]

6:30pm: The Gathering
We are allowing people time to get to the event and in proper positions before the event starts. We have full intentions to start on time.

7:00pm: Introduction & Elegy
The introduction and elegy will be performed to set the mood for the event by the host/hostess.

7:10pm: Champions of Our People in the Act of Remembrance
Champions from each Thalassian type will perform the first part of the ceremony called an “Act of Remembrance” where they are handed a special lantern, said to hold a unique flame that holds meaning, the Flame of the Sunwell, the Flame of Arcana, and the Flame of the Void. Each Champion will walk up to the memorial and set their lantern in place while reciting a key part of Quel’thalas’ history leading into the Scourge attack. It is with this that we hope to light the memories we cannot forget.

7:30pm: Honoring our Fallen
Thalassian natives will be allowed to go up one by one or in family groups to honor their fallen before their collected kin. They may speak about their experiences, bring gifts or tokens to their lost ones, speak about who it was they lost and even pay tribute through poems, songs and other creative methods as they see fit.

• This section will require your contribution to be pre-typed. Those that sign up will be allowed to go first and will be given five minutes to engage in this section of the event. If you wish to sign up then please click on the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8MC3PMY

Concluding Ceremony
Concluding will be done by the host/hostess. After-event gathering for people to socialize will be done afterward.

Thalassian Elves Network

For more information about our community or to get the first insight on what events we have planned, see the link below:
13 Likes

Does a little dance

1 Like

I am SO excited for this! I’m clearing my calendar for the day if I can. :purple_heart:

We are looking for personal speakers! If you wish to say something to honor your dead then hit me up!

1 Like

Don’t make me speak, people, I will go off on so many tangents!!!

1 Like

Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech!

Just a couple days short of two weeks!

Now if only I was much of a speaker

Can’t wait~!!!

2 Likes

Bumpity bump! A little over a week away!

1 Like

I saw ten thousand elves in Silvermoon tonight so that means y’all should be showing up on the 24th :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. All the elves should show up.

1 Like

Elves are the best

This event is this week!

I’ve put it in my calender!

1 Like
I want to go on all my Thalassians, but I have one account. This is the worst.

Still, super excited for this!

Clearly, you just need to set a time quota and rotate between them :wink:

1 Like

DOn’T TEMPT ME I’LL DO IT

1 Like

Buy a second account and move one or two elves over there to play two at a time.

1 Like

YEET. To the top with you! Four days!

I like big BUMPS And I cannot lie ~ You other elves can’t deny! ~ When our post pops up on your computer screen ~ Inviting you to our RP Scene ~ You get SPRUNG!

2 Likes