I really can't decide between hunter and shaman

Ahh I am terrible at making decisions. I’ve been trying to decide for days if I want my goblin horde main to be a shaman or hunter. I guess it depends on which would be more fun to play and if switching between ele and resto is annoying or not.

Phssssh

go Warrior :+1:

6 Likes

Shaman is what I’d go with. More versatile, and I personally find them more fun.

You have a good range spec with a handful of good builds, a good melee spec, and a great healer spec.

And yeah, what Wariya said. Go warrior.

Btw, Wariya, answering every question with “Warrior” is MY meme. I was just trying to be legitimately helpful for once so back off. lmao

2 Likes

Being horrible at decisions is actually the only reason I still play my shaman any. Want to heal today? Sure. Want to melee today? Sure. Want to range today? Sure. So my lack of commitment seems to work out.

1 Like

In terms of which of the two classes has a higher skill cap definitely would be shaman because of elemental’s icefury build. Dunno if that is something your interested in. As far as the switching goes the annoying part is pretty the same I’d imagine for most being the azerite traits (trinkets to I suppose). Not sure on their stat priorities.

I wouldnt touch a shaman this expansion id go warrior or ret paladin.

2 Likes

Shaman will give you more options later in the game.

Hunter will give you the opportunity to become very, very good at the few options you have available.

Do you feel like having a more diverse play style or a more focused one?

Do you want to play the way you feel at the moment or do you want to hit the world like a hammer that only hits harder the more attention you give it?

1 Like

It really just comes down to whether or not you want to heal. If you’re even the slightest interested in being a healer, shaman. If you have absolutely zero interest in it and only want the responsibility of dps, Hunter.

3 Likes

If you care at all about how classes are stacking up, you want a hunter.
If you could care less, come join the freals with your shammy

1 Like

Hunter is fun!!

3 Likes

Stacking up for what? What metric are you using that shaman dont stack well in right now?

1 Like

Hunter. Shamans are a mess now

2 Likes

Mess based on what?

From my experience, and several, several rerolls in between, you never know until you play and find out.

Got a 79 Hunter and I’m already bored with the class.

2 Likes

I’d say shaman just because of the healer spec on it. You can always fall back on it if dps queue are tedious. That’s why I went paladin 10 years ago anyway…

Early in BfA, Blizz made the mistake of agreeing with the community that shaman could be slightly better. Ever since then, it has been unquestioned truth that shaman are terrible and anyone playing them is crippling themselves for no reason, facts be damned.

1 Like

While shaman definitely needed some help in early 8.0, they were always playable.

The perception of shaman was always 1000x worse than the actual facts.

3 Likes

Make both.

2 Likes

I agree with you based on numbers.
However if a class feels clunky to most of the playerbase. They will complain

2 Likes

2 Likes