Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Theyre no louder then people who blindly love things

/me pointing at my gloves

/love

1 Like

It doesn’t make a difference how fast a group clears the content. The requirements are the same. Our guild required a 36 neck when we started mythic, world first guilds required 41. Meaning that they know the fights at the end of the raid are designed for that neck level through PTR testing. By the time my guild gets to those bosses, we will have 41 or 42 necks. Method just raids more in a day than we raid in 3 weeks so they needed that level right at the start.

Most people that love things don’t come to forums to say how much they love it.

yet here they are…in this post

I know you removed the part where I mentioned ‘pushing content’ and such, but it sounds like you feel there are just too many sources for loot and so it’s a large time commitment to keep up with all of them based on the requirements of the raid group that you have joined. Is that right?

Also, how much gear do you get each week from the warfront vs. the raid up to and including Heroic Jaina? I have a hunch one is much higher than the other. :wink:

9 Likes

I was mostly referring to neck levels but you are correct. If you average 406 item level and 42lvl necks on everyone along with 18/20 trolls in the group you can kill M Jaina.

1 Like

I’ve got a belt you can grab with those gloves in the 1% lucky club.

1 Like

How do you differentiate someone that loves something because it should be loved from someone that blindly loves? Aren’t you just conflating blind with “opinion I don’t agree with”?

1 Like

If you do not care how fast you clear the content, then what is the problem? In my personal, totally anecdotal experience, 36 by release of BoD is reached fairly easily.

1 Like

it’s quite simple, all of the most geared players are mythic raiders without fail. The system still works.

2 Likes

Serious Response: If Ilvl discrepancy is becoming such a huge bother for a lot of people, to the point of some players feeling obligated to run literally all forms of content to squeeze out as many rewards as possible, why not just forgo ilvl all together, and just have a baseline ilvl that you reach from hitting the expansion’s level cap and doing some basic end-game things, such as normal dungeons, finishing up the zone storylines, etc.

It’s the approach GW2 has taken, and it seems to work fairly well in terms of keeping people still playing and doing Raids, yet not making them feel obligated to run content they don’t want to in order to gear up. Now obviously, you’d still have some tangible rewards for doing higher content - better looking armor sets (Dyeable maybe on Mythic?), unique mounts, pets, weapons, etc. All cosmetic of course, but tangible all the same.

I’m saying this, because a lot of responses have been wanting to have that thrill of downing new bosses, and getting really cool rewards, but not have this feeling of self accomplishment taken from them by getting a piece of gear that someone, somewhere, got from a Titan Forge in LFR.

See, the problem is if you take away WF and TF, than you’re going to be upsetting someone for your own personal benefit. Personally, I don’t care about the Forging system - I set my own goals for each patch (In this case, get 385 or higher in all slots, maybe clear Normal Dazar’alor, and finish the two new sets), and move on with my life in WoW. If someone in my group gets a 415 from a Normal or LFR Boss kill, more power to them! But for some people, getting that 415 piece might make their week, month, or hell, year. And honestly, I’m just not okay with taking that sense of progression away from them, even if they got that piece from LFR, and the skill requirement was minimal at best.

That’s why, if people seem to feel that ilvl upgrades aren’t that important to casual players, that our ilvl in general should be capped, and instead, rewards from high-end content are all cosmetic. You could still do something like increase the ilvl cap each patch, but still have it be a baseline where you hit it without much work.

It’s not a great solution, but it sure as hell beats taking away something from a large group of people that might enjoy the aspect of getting super loot as a little surprise when they kill a boss, and taking away that sense of character growth away.

1 Like

No doubt, I ran countless mythic+ dungeons on my pally and cleared up to 15’s with the earned gear. I was still, however, 10-15 ilvls behind a good mythic raider. I ended the season in the mid 380ish range while mythic raiders were above 390 ilvl long before.

1 Like

I think that cosmetic only rewards have been suggested in the past, but people freak out about making their character more powerful. Also, that removes the mechanic of gear making fights easier. I suppose the solution to this could be gradually making all fights easier at set intervals. I think all of this would be even more poorly received than TF/WF though, mainly because stats are such an integral part of the game.

2 Likes

Progression is important to people in a rpg

Edit: also people will throw fits over cosmetics they cant obtain. See CM weapons and CM armors no longer being availabale.

in the end no matter the reward people want it handed to them easily in some form

3 Likes

NEED ! Lerroooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

And with all the new systems and options for gear there is now more progression than ever for everyone and not just a few.

1 Like

I mean its pseudo progression i suppose

Just speaking hypothetical, if WF/TF existed for lower level gear, but like Mythic raiding always 100% had the BiS pieces, would you be satisfied? Even if you don’t do that content?

Has there ever been a point while playing the game where you haven’t had the time/ability to be pushing content? I know we have a dedicated crowd here (General Discussion represent!) but I’m trying to understand your history as well as others to see if they have been in other positions and how the rewards worked for them.

But when doing PuG content, why does it matter how they earned it? What content are you doing that requires this scrutiny? Are you pushing Mythic+ with PuGs and having issues? Personally I just roll with things as some under-geared players are pretty good at the game and if someone is making mistakes I try and help them out a bit or just focus on what I can do to help the group.

Cheers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

So, it’s only progression based on your opinion on what progression means?

My understanding of the word in this instance is if you improve upon your character in an rpg you’ve made progression.