Favorite Class in Vanilla

shaman
 oh really rockbiter has extra threat huh?

Shut up, wear the dress and throw me some heals.

4 Likes

I was only a druid in vanilla. I leveled as balance and switched to resto at 55 for raiding. It was so much fun.

2 Likes

Thats another old questline that is not in retail. The shaman totem quests. Along with the warlok and the paladin. So much is nerfed away. Oh , and druid, they had their quest also.

1 Like

huh
 a blue post
 we haven’t been abandoned after all.

3 Likes

ALL HAIL A MESSAGE FROM ABOVE!!! ALL HAIL OUR OVERLORDES GRACING US!!

1 Like

Okay who let the Death Knight in here? (please stay on topic!) :wink:

I did switch over to a warrior once (after several months) I learned Shaman couldn’t tank. /themoreyouknow

6 Likes

I in genuine honor look for blue posts. It is rare and the praise I beseech you is not a jest, but real.

I love them all.

PvP on warrior and mage was amazing. Made R13 on my mage before the change to honor system.

Raided as a priest and a hunter. Went through till almost the end of naxx on my hunter :smiley:

I’d say hunter. Vanilla hunter had such great class identity. Then probably mage. I miss having control over fire, frost, and arcane all at the same time. In the broader spectrum I miss playing classes instead of specs.

7 Likes

THIS.

THIS SO MUCH.

When they limited everything to pretty much ONE line and not having the spells for the other specs to “steamline” everything seriously made me cry.

Sure. certain bread and butter spell were still there but

AND SPELL RANKS!

Nothing more frustrating than that rank one super quick cast frostbolt that snares you

3 Likes

You dirty

You might just be my new favorite CM. I personally was planning on trying this in classic myself.

There is even already a video out for the shaman tanking stuff.

1 Like

I only played a hunter and mage (and was a textbook huntard) so mage I guess. I did level a druid up right before BC and had a blast with it!

Hopefully this time around I’ll experience a couple of other classes. I plan to start with either a priest or shaman.

I tanked loads of stuff on my shaman. Easy enough with the high threat you can do via earth shock and rockbiter.

I also tanked a couple raid bosses when the main tank died and I was next highest on the agro table (to survive getting hit) from all my heal threat.

1 Like

Healer tank confirmed!

I mean why dps for threat when you can just heal yourself to the top of the threat meters.

2 Likes

Excuse me.

Shaman SHOULDN’T tank.

That’s a very different thing from CAN’T tank :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

did you even play vanilla?

Hunter was my favourite, because of people I met and grouped with and eventually pvped with.

I think you’re probably reading far too much into the phrasing that I used to create a pithy post instead of a wall of text.

Not sure which your opinion is, but yes, I’m pretty confident that I know more about vanilla shaman than you do. In an ideal perfect dungeon group, a shaman shouldn’t be the tank. You rarely have ideal perfect dungeon groups, and I personally tanked every max-level 5-man (as well as UBRS and some raid trash) as a shaman in vanilla. It was fun, but I did it only because we had no other tank (and sometimes just to see if I could), not because shaman are fantastic ideal tanks.

This isn’t to actually say 'don ‘t play a shaman tank’. It’s perfectly workable and if it’s what you want to do, you have at it. Just be aware that it’s not optimal.

2 Likes

You may or may not be right. But this is all hypothetical. You might have or probably did more for than me in vanilla, but really, that does not mean some others where not there. It just means you had more time to play while others of us are at our jobs working.