Favorite Class in Vanilla

Frost mage all the way.

1 Like

Lock and Rogue, for different reasons/playstyles… pretty far and away my two preferences.

The never ending debate inside my head as to which to main in Classic, however rages ever onwards (was lock main in OG, Rogue alt)… I have a feeling I’m going to just end up trying to somehow raid on both at least through BWL before raiding starts getting more time intensive for a single character.

Hunter was my favorite, I liked all the extra micro managing, it gave you a lot of things to do, you had to tame every pet to learn every spell rank, lots of extra things to collect, it basically felt like Pokemon in WoW. (No not pet battles!)

2 Likes

and have to feed your pet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Druid because you could do things people said you couldn’t do back then and either impress em or send them in to a rage.

4 Likes

Thinking I’ll tank stuff as a shaman, does that count?

18 Likes

shaman… oh really rockbiter has extra threat huh?

Shut up, wear the dress and throw me some heals.

4 Likes

I was only a druid in vanilla. I leveled as balance and switched to resto at 55 for raiding. It was so much fun.

2 Likes

Thats another old questline that is not in retail. The shaman totem quests. Along with the warlok and the paladin. So much is nerfed away. Oh , and druid, they had their quest also.

1 Like

huh… a blue post… we haven’t been abandoned after all.

3 Likes

ALL HAIL A MESSAGE FROM ABOVE!!! ALL HAIL OUR OVERLORDES GRACING US!!

1 Like

Okay who let the Death Knight in here? (please stay on topic!) :wink:

I did switch over to a warrior once (after several months) I learned Shaman couldn’t tank. /themoreyouknow

6 Likes

I in genuine honor look for blue posts. It is rare and the praise I beseech you is not a jest, but real.

I love them all.

PvP on warrior and mage was amazing. Made R13 on my mage before the change to honor system.

Raided as a priest and a hunter. Went through till almost the end of naxx on my hunter :smiley:

I’d say hunter. Vanilla hunter had such great class identity. Then probably mage. I miss having control over fire, frost, and arcane all at the same time. In the broader spectrum I miss playing classes instead of specs.

7 Likes

THIS.

THIS SO MUCH.

When they limited everything to pretty much ONE line and not having the spells for the other specs to “steamline” everything seriously made me cry.

Sure. certain bread and butter spell were still there but…

AND SPELL RANKS!

Nothing more frustrating than that rank one super quick cast frostbolt that snares you…

3 Likes

You dirty…

You might just be my new favorite CM. I personally was planning on trying this in classic myself.

There is even already a video out for the shaman tanking stuff.

1 Like

I only played a hunter and mage (and was a textbook huntard) so mage I guess. I did level a druid up right before BC and had a blast with it!

Hopefully this time around I’ll experience a couple of other classes. I plan to start with either a priest or shaman.

I tanked loads of stuff on my shaman. Easy enough with the high threat you can do via earth shock and rockbiter.

I also tanked a couple raid bosses when the main tank died and I was next highest on the agro table (to survive getting hit) from all my heal threat.

1 Like