Favorite Class in Vanilla

What was your favorite class in Vanilla / Classic WOW?

Hunter

By the way, I’ll roll need on that shield you just looted

10 Likes

Everything is Hunter gear

2 Likes

Hunter has been my favorite class for over 14 years now :smirk:

2 Likes

rolls need on everything

4 Likes

Druid, Paladin, probably shaman if I found horde palatable, pretty much anything not pigeon-holed into one specific function.

1 Like

I played a Druid the first time, and I’ll probably be maining one again. If not Druid, then Mage.

1 Like

I think from the classes I tried during Vanilla I think I had the most fun with a mage. Typically in games I enjoy playing a character that use melee supplemented by magic which led me to play a Paladin back then but ret had too high a hybrid tax back then.

Everyone. They’re all unique.

Lock if I had to pick one.

My favorite class back then was shaman. My favorite 1.12 class now is druid.

1 Like

My favorite class in classic was Druid, but now it is a toss up between Druid and Hunter. I’m a little torn about which I actually want to level to 60 since I’m going to be super filthy casual with little time to play. Still can’t wait and I know I’ll be happy with either choice!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But he already looted it.

What do you think my favorite class is?

Rogue! They are so sneaky, underhanded, and fun to play in PvP. They also do great dps and can vanish if they get in trouble.

Warrior all the way! played one in classic…yes it was a pain in the a$$ in many aspects, but it was 100% worth it!!

Shaman!

6 Likes

You think that’ll stop him from rolling on it?

insert Anakin gif
You underestimate my power

My favorite by far was the warlock. This character was actually my main for the last 6 months or so of Vanilla.

I started out on a druid, which I also loved and is my second favorite Vanilla class. I leveled my druid to 60, did some PvP, started raiding and then started messing around making many alts to try the other classes when I wasn’t preparing for a raid or raiding.

The warlock was the last class I tried because I thought I would hate it. Oddly enough, by level 18 it quickly became my absolute favorite and I leveled this one to 60 and made her my main and started raiding on her. I absolutely love the play style of the Vanilla warlock. It’s the main reason I have missed Vanilla so bad and have been so excited for Classic.

I will never forget the first time I went into a bg on my warlock at around level 18. I loved PvE on my druid, but honestly was horrible at PvP on her. Being a healer came natural to me on her. But anyways, on my lock I was in WSG when 2-3 players came into the flagroom. I thought I was dead for sure but never ran from fights. To my surprise I killed them all by myself. Then I realized just how fun dots and drains were. Way too fun in PvP in my opinion. The affliction warlock ended up being by far the most fun I have ever had with any class, ever. I did amazing in PvP and hardly anyone could beat me. No, not even rogues. BM hunters are what gave me issues at first.

The class just came natural to me back then, and I was actually very good at playing it. A Vanilla warlock can be pretty much unstoppable if played properly. These days I’m older and probably actually not as good at gaming these days, but I still can’t wait to play the warlock again in Classic.

6 Likes

For me it was easily the mage.

This was my first character I rolled and has been my main to this day.

We were extremely strong in the old days, and originally were the AoE class, had great CC, unlimited free food/water, teleporting, int buffs, and strong kiting ability.

We were among the few classes (along with hunters) who could solo elites (so long as they could be slowed and kited).

We also scaled well with gear and continued to be among the top performers as raids progressed.

PvP and duels with melee, particularly against warriors, was a real treat. Unlike today where all melee have ways to close the gap all the time, a skilled mage could keep melee at bay.

Not to sidetrack to current WoW problems, but one of the biggest weaknesses of the modern mage is that we still have all this utility, but unfortunately everyone else does as well, along with self-heals. This has really taken a way a lot of the uniqueness that mages once had.

1 Like