10.1 massive PvP changes

Wow. Lots to unpack in these changes. Seeing some pretty big boomie buffs, and also ring of peace and song of chiji being on the same talent node feels like a pretty sad change for MW.

As a healer, the kick duration decrease and overall cc decrease is very interesting.

Also, precog being added as a gear embellishment now - feels like that will be a mandatory baseline item for any caster.

5 Likes

Thanks for ruining pvp. You just lost a sub and probably millions of others.

4 Likes

I’m annoyed the boots are losing their embellish tbh, i liked the cc reduction. I guess it’s baked in, but it sucks that slot isn’t a prof item now. Wonder if they’ll change it for something else that’ll scale with pvp

It was obviously the fox’s fault.

2 Likes

Oh thank god, one less Rogue playing.

On a related note, LOVE to see Rogue kick go from the broken 5s lockout to the standard 3s with everyone else.

25 Likes

So-sorry. :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

10 Likes

It only mentioned the trinket bonus being removed, did they say boots would be gone too? I would think that 5% is staying.

Pikaboo is going to be in shambles. I can’t wait to watch a video of him crying today.

17 Likes

delete this brother dont let them see

but for real leg sweep is now just aoe kidney on a 30 sec longer cd. i guess its fair but seems kinda crazy.

rogue gonna be dog water?

They also didn’t nerf DH’s AoE stun duration which makes me think it’s intended.

Many good changes listed but also many weird ones. Overall seems like it’s a net positive though allowing precog to be on crafted gear is a weird one.

Also rogue nerfs are always welcome.

1 Like

Nah boots too, it’s on the patch notes, though with all the cc duration nerfs it makes sense, Just hope boots are still useful for those that liked having a crafted slot scale to 424. It’s in the pvp changes post rather than the 10.1 patch notes

“In conjunction with these changes, Gladiator’s Distinction will no longer provide 10% CC reduction and the new season’s professions items will no longer grant 5% CC reduction.”

Your just mad because you can’t play a skilled class.

3 Likes

He’s already crying about it right now on his stream. He’s saying CC is useless now and no one CCs so these changes are bad lmao

Not joking, watch his excuses.

I like Pika, but dang…that is some off world mental gymnastic level excuse

7 Likes

Ahhh I missed that. Likely people will flock to some crafted gear pieces that fill in their BIS stats. That seems like the logical next choice for a free PvP piece, hopefully they expand the slot choices.

you’re not doing too hot at a “skilled” class either :crazy_face:

15 Likes

Well with the boots and possibly trinket bonuses gone doesn’t that mean CC is literally staying the same or worse in most cases while removing caster instants that were already not strong because they could be dispelled like spriest while NOT touching ele at ALL. Now all shams get static field too.

Rebound (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Spell Reflection reflects the next 2 incoming spells cast on you and reflected spells deal 50% extra damage to the attacker

No mage nerfs in general.

But they hyper focus on nerfing spriest again for some reason.

Yeah though if it doesn’t scale to 424, it’ll just suck. Keep in mind the 418 infusion is rough to get if you only pvp, so hopefully they make the boots a “pick one” embellish but still scale, or give us something cool at least. Guess we’ll see

I hope Ret will get new pvp talents, because with 3 being removed with 10.0.7, we literally have no choice anymore

I’m hoping frost dk gets a bit more pvp surviv but i doubt it. Maybe a chance to the lame range reduction talent that is a never pick. I miss the cooldown increase that it used to be, that at least felt unique, the range reduction change is just boring

1 Like