10.1 changes will END fistweaving

Fistweavers never relied on Ancient Teachings for AOE healing on higher keys or raid healing (single boss). The fistweavers pushing keys would toss out Renewing Mists early in the fight then Vivify cleave the group when needed. Both caster and fistweavers relied on the cleave from vivify and lowering the cleave hurts in this situation.
Ancient teachings does not heal enough to keep a group up during fights like “Raging Tempest” from Nokhud Offensive. I’m item level 400 running +16 keys. My single target dps is 23K and from that my healing is about 24k HPS. Only 60% of my dps is able to heal (blackout, tiger, rising sun) then add in renewing mists and rising mists. 24k hps dividing amongst 5 group members is a laughable 4.8k HPS each. Let’s compare this to a disc which can heal for 60% of their dps through atonement but X5. This comes out to 69k HPS. Our 24k HPS does not compare to a disc 69k hps group healing.

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree.

I currently have a 415 ilvl, 2500+ rating FWr, running 19s/20s. I usually only hit around 16-20k dps, but regularly run 50k hps average over entire dungeons (and can burst much higher on fights where people actually take enough damage to justify). I don’t use a lot of vivify.

Ancient teaching/concordance is a huge part of my kit. Essence font is often number 1 or 2 healing on high dmg/high mobility aoe fights (tempest, balakar, karakka). Chi-Ji is another big one which relies on punching/kicking. Sheilun’s, which is getting a HUGE buff (which it needs). Really vivify spam is rare, and while the ‘cleave’ nerf won’t be nice, the huge buffs to Sheilun’s will more than make up the difference.

I mean 40s group-wide 200-400k heal!!!?? OMG!! Essence font into Sheilun’s is going to be absolutely stupid amounts of healing. My big fear is this will get FWrs nerfed.

FWr raw hps is perfectly fine, one of (if not the) best. What we need is QoL addressed.

1. Faeline stomp NEEDS to have no CD.
  2. AT/AC/Faeline-whatever its call, the 3 buffs we need up/to track to FW heal NEED to be rolled into a single buff.

It’s a moot point anyways since blizz doesn’t read these forums or care in the least, and the M+ system has completely imploded for anything +20 or further.

2 Likes

In before redweave comes in here and defecates all over this post.

I’m of the opinion that they should
Both exist in the tree, and they should divide it in a way that all the “pivot points” are choice nodes, and the items that are “mistweaving” or “fist weaving” specific are optional, and the rest of the talents affect both.

6 Likes

Someone give me the quick rundown on the changes in .1 for fistweaving so I can have an opinion without researching rq ty

have you tried pressing chi-ji

or revival

or literally any of your healing buttons

i’m confused on how you can say these things if you’ve played the spec at all lol

5 Likes

Song cc is moving to general tree to be a shared node with rop.

Also the pvp talent for cocoon is becoming a shared node with burst of life talent node and new pvp talent is being made to reduce the faeline stomp by 20 seconds and give it a 70% snare for 8 seconds on it

Idk that looks like much cleaner fistweaving to me. It’s a nerf to burst healing but massive buff to raid wide healing.

raid healing is completely undamaged by the change, AT healing will have less overheal and Vivify already has more then enough ReM on average to justify casting even with a minor nerf.

These changes are actually making Fistweavers better lol.
Better spot healing in M+ via AT + Strong vivify.
Sheilun’s getting big with the talent and the buff so you get that for big group healing.
Coccon is also getting great buffs to become a more reliant external.
Chi-ji is still good.

These changes are all too good tbh

2 Likes