10.0.7 - The problem is not druid!

I don’t see any problem with nourish, is a relativelygood, very niche, talent and will continue to be this way.
I understand that Resto’s throughput is almost insanely above the other healers, but the problem is not resto, the problem is the design of the other specs that does not have a way to deal with the M+ enviroment the same way we do.
The switch between “budding leaves” and “embrace of the dream” just brings anoyance to a tree that was, otherwise, without flaws.
We will completely ignore “embrace of the dream” (like we are doing since pre-patch) in favor of “circle of life and death”/“deep focus”(although not without punishment, since it only leaves one point for “budding leaves”), because “embrace of the dream” is a poorly designed talent(it’s the same with “regenesis”, but thats another topic).
Same thing apply to raid enviroment, people will still use the same build.
Playing on wowhead calculator, the only thing this change accomplished was kill the possible build variety since, if you were realy into the spec, you could interchange some talents in the middle, like CoLaF, Spring Blossoms, improved regrowth and inner peace, to make you life easier in some encounters.
Don’t fix something that ain’t broken blizzard,like I said, the problem is with the other healer specs design, fix them!

Agree with all your points, but something I wanted to touch on…

Is this universally true? Like, I’m not complaining about how Resto Druids are right now at all (I’m not looking forward to these changes that will make my build more awkward), but I find my raid’s holy paladin heals quite competitively with me, but never runs out of mana… so long fights he will always pull ahead. Am I doing something wrong here?

In M+ my build is different but I find the bulk of my power comes from mobility… which I suspect is why they’re trying to push Nourish to hard, to maybe force us into relying on another hard-cast? Which I don’t think is a really good idea, since the problem is really the design of the dungeons and mechanics. Which seems like it ties in with what you’re saying… the problem isn’t druids?

Anyway, I’m watching these 10.0.7 changes with a wary eye… I’ll be fine, but I’m going to lose some talents I already have and the only reason is because they swapped things around so I have to take stuff I wouldn’t normally want so that I can get the stuff I do want. I think ultimately I can get the same build, but I have now but I’m going to lose spring blossoms and I can’t find a way to keep it.

It kinda is, more for the lack of competition than any other thing. To be fair, since you’ve raised the point of H. Paladin, if the last didn’t have the “holy power factor” it would probably be in the same tier as Druid and Evoker.
I don’t think dungeon design is really that bad and, although mobility is indeed a very powerful tool in druid’s kit, monk is even more mobile and is starving to death. The problem is the ways (or lack of) the other classes have to handle the imposed challenges of said dungeons. I mean, not playing against my team, but we have a spell that says “F@$@ you” to GCD and cast 9 heals every one minute. Blizzard had the opportunity to make a completely different approach to monk: You cast nothing, but you need to be punching and kicking stuff. But they decided to insist in this hybrid caster/melee healer.
Throughput wise, in a vacuum, Holy Priest and paladin would, probably, mop the floor with druid but, since we are not in a vacuum…

Edit: Druid kinda doesn’t care for player’s “dumbness”.
You fell behind and the entire party is dying? All good, here use these 9 spells.
Your surv hunter is taking all the frontals? No problema, here, use this spell that raises your next heal by 200%;
There is 10 seconds of unavoidable, wipe material, damage? Here’s two spells, use this one first and stay still casting this one right after;
You’ve did something wrong and killed a party member? Here, ress him with this;
There is a solution to almost every single situation/encounter.

There are a lot of one-shot mechanics this season that you need to avoid, but there’s also a lot of unavoidable damage that you need to heal through. As a druid, I can skip around and keep hots rolling on my team, stopping only long enough to cast a WG or Regrowth. I’ve been feeling that privilege a lot this season.

In raids though, it’s different. Folks don’t have to move as much and so I find I’m pretty much just on par with our Holy Paladin. Actually, numbers wise, same goes for our Monk. The only difference is that the Monk goes OoM right alongside me while the Pally doesn’t :wink: Past that, my numbers in raid are really dictated by how much healing we actually need. If the answer is a lot, I tend to do a little better than they do because my HoTs have a chance to tick. If the answer is not a lot, I tend to do a lot worse than they do because they’ve already healed everybody to full between HoT ticks, so most of my stuff goes to over heal. Some fights I’m like 50% overheal but what am I gonna do, just not cast my heals so I don’t have them when I do need them?

Anyway, that’s just why I was questioning how universal your statement was. In my raids all three of us healers are pretty competitive but in M+ I tend to pull ahead (the Monk especially has a harder time).

To reiterate though, I agree with your general statement here. I don’t think mucking up our tree is the right play. I’m actually not a huge fan of these talent trees but the druid one felt like we could make a pretty decent main build for M+ and Raids, with some options for tweaking. The new builds don’t let us get access to the same stuff and force us into talents that we might not otherwise want. Instead of doing that, just make other healers better in the areas where they need improvement.

No, holy priests seem to be #1 on HPS, but resto is still top notch. I think he’s exaggerating a bit.

Same, but it growed on me, on time. The addition of “verdancy” and this double lifebloom build alongside the good stuff from Shadowlands being kept. I’m not much of a raider, but I did some normal and LFR fights and it was pretty much what you said.
What got me frustrated is that we have room for improvement or variety in other areas, like, when was the last time you used incarnation? I tried to use in that tyrannical/grievous week , but convoke is so much better… I saw that convoke is the standard choice for raid too so, why not work this out, you know?
Invigorate could be fun to use but, as it is right now, is just the “flourish” weird cousin.
In other post of this forum a guy suggested combining replacing “regrowth” with “nourish”(or an option to), and his ideas seemed pretty solid.
They could do better (heck, they did better in the transitos SL → DF), but chose the easy way. :face_exhaling:

1 Like