10.0.7 Resto Changes

• Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by 35%.

• Chain Lightning damage increased by 35%.

• Wellspring healing reduced by 30%.

• Water Shield has been removed from the talent tree and is now learned at level 12.

• Resurgence has moved to Water Shield’s position in the talent tree.

• New Talent: Current Control – Reduces the cooldown of Healing Tide Totem by 30 seconds.

• New Talent: Tide Turner – The lowest health target of Healing Tide Totem is healed for 30% more and receives 15% more healing from you for 4 seconds.

• A choice node has been added below Mana Tide Totem:

• New Talent: Temporary Name [Name Not Final] – Increases the duration and radius of Mana Tide Totem.
    • New Talent: Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem – After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced and the mana cost of Healing Wave and Chain Heal are reduced for 10 seconds.
  • Flow of the Tides now grants an additional bounce of Chain Heal in addition to its current effect.

• Unleash Life now converts 40% of Wellspring overhealing to an absorb shield (was 25%).

• Ever-Rising Tide has been removed.

• Downpour has been moved to Ever-Rising Tide’s position in the talent tree.

• Nature’s Focus has been removed.

• The PvP Talent Tidebringer has moved to Nature’s Focus’ position as a 2-point talent.

• A connection has been added between Tidebringer and Primal Tide Core/High Tide.

• Chain Heal’s tooltip has been updated to indicate its jump distance to give more context to the Tidebringer talent.

• Call of Thunder has been removed.

• Stormkeeper has been moved to Call of Thunder’s position in the talent tree.

• Acid Rain and Overflowing Shores are no longer on a choice node together. Acid Rain remains in its position and Overflowing Shores is directly below Healing Rain.

I mean, thanks for the changes, but the changes don’t seem like they are going to help too much. Resto isn’t complaining that they need more damage, they are complaining that our burst healing is no where near other healers. One secret I found was using wellspring to help get more burst healing in, in M+ now that’s being nerfed. I really don’t get what these Devs are doing…

It’s not more damage, from what i understand. They just removed dps talents from the class tree, i think?

1 Like

Correct, those nodes are removed and just being given free to rsham. The rsham will be able to take healing nodes while doing the same damage. None of the nodes are really that powerful though so they aren’t getting that much from this. Just a feel good change. They removed focused, referencing how we have to do 5+ globals of healing modifiers before even casting our heals, but then… didn’t buff the heals lmao.

Wellspring was utterly obliterated. As a capstone, there isn’t much use for the ability anymore for the mana cost. What we can hope for is HTT talent nodes are good and make up for it.

It may well be stronger but also remember that Prevoker and Rdruid are also being buffed for some ungodly reason lmao. Things on my wishlist like:

• Earthquake ele
  • Stronger base heals in place of modifiers
  • A better mastery
  • An actual external cooldown so my tanks stop dying (we’re only healer without one)
  • Chain harvest, Vesper totem back
  • A way to spread flame shock to multiple enemies with a cd (i.e. passive damage)
  • A totem that is a useful buff, not mana spring (its trash.)

Were not added. Sadge.

1 Like

I think these changes are overall a minor buff.

To be honest, wellspring is a VERY good spell, especially as the expansion goes on with better gear(I bet that is what they were seeing, fully geared next tier shamans fully topping off raids on a short cooldown with wellspring). Nerfing it a bit to keep it more in line with others and adding buffs/freeing up talents is an OK trade. Some playstyles will definitely feel the hit for sure.

I wouldn’t say it’s a trash talent though with the nerfs…

Been fooling around on the ptr, and if these changes stay as is… its not a minor buff.

its a MASSIVE buff. Like, started from the bottom now we here, kind of buff.

Can you elaborate why? Just right off the bat, don’t we lose 25% from swirling currents? 30% from well spring.

I haven’t tried the ptr yet but, so far it seems a bit like a downer

2 Likes

Is healing tide making up for everything else?