PvP Hotfixes Incoming - Feb. 13

[Updated 19:30 PST – all changes below are now live]

Good evening!

We’ve taken a careful look at healer mana during longer PvP engagements in both Arenas and battlegrounds, and we’re deploying some changes to address several concerns.

In PvP, we want mana to feel like a more critical resource, and we want mana efficiency to be an important part of PvP healing. At the beginning of Battle for Azeroth, mana regeneration from all healer specs was reduced by 15-30% (depending on the class), and after reviewing the current state of the game, we feel like further reductions are necessary to both healer specs and a few hybrid specs.

With a hotfix that is coming very soon:

Player versus Player

• Restoration Druid mana regeneration is now reduced by 55% in PvP.
  • Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Restoration Shaman, and Mistweaver Monk mana regeneration is now reduced by 50% in PvP.
  • Discipline Priest mana regeneration is now reduced by 45% in PvP.
  • Balance Druid, Feral Druid, and Elemental Shaman mana regeneration is reduced by 35% in PvP.

Separately, we’re working on the following hotfix:

Druid

• Restoration
  • Nourish (PvP Talent) mana cost increased by 30%

Separately, we’re addressing Neurotoxin.

Rogue

• Assassination
  • Neurotoxin now increases the cooldown of affected spells by 1 sec, down from 3 sec.
  • Neurotoxin now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 25 sec.
  • Neurotoxin now has a 3 sec duration, down from 10 sec.
  • Developers note: Unfortunately, we are unable to fix a number of technical issues with this spell at this time. We’re working on a fix for it that we hope to include in 8.1.5.

Again, the above changes to the game will be made live very soon. I will update this thread with each, and you’ll see the final word on all new hotfixes in our next hotfixes update (tomorrow, Feb. 14, in the afternoon PST).

10 Likes

what just happened

7 Likes

guess they watched the tournament

14 Likes

Good. Thank you!

3 Likes

Gotta squeeze in those drinks when you can, healers will be ooommm by 1% dampening lol

5 Likes

So our overlords, rdruids, get a 15% mana nerf, who have no mana issues at all, while disc priests, who go oom almost instantly, get a 30% mana nerf? BLIZZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

21 Likes

They made a change solely with the hope that more people will watch their comp. Not anything really for the balance of the game besides maybe the rogue talent that people just wont play anymore.

1 Like

Disc mana nerf, just what we needed

Edit: wait, is this all? No balance other than this?

11 Likes

Still awaiting those sub buffs… zzzzzzzzz not buffing least represented pvp dps and least represented pve spec.

11 Likes
  • No Maledict nerf
  • Disc still trash
  • Disc mana nerf

what even is this

25 Likes

?? 55% nerf

1 Like

Why did you nerf Disc priest mana regen?

9 Likes

Hpal new overlord

3 Likes

Would still like to see some increases of damage for specs that are not performing well in PvP and even some across the board damage increases. Healing for some healers like disc priests and resto shamans could also use buffs (but buffing Rsham chain heal is not the ideal way to go - it promotes more of a gimmicky style for them).

22 Likes

Did disc really need a mana regen nerf? Yikes.

8 Likes

is this for real? beyond pathetic, i hope you read my super mad reply. you’re stupid blizzard. jesus christ. doesnt makes sense… saying you’re stupid is not enough. ffs

10 Likes

I agree, hpals mana pools last way longer than disc priest ones yet discs were only nerfed by 5% less…

2 Likes

Yikes Blizz, yikes. I mean really? Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction and a bit overboard don’t you think?

1 Like

Why dont these clowns just replace dampening with a scaling healer-only mana reduction while in combat and add it to RBGs for people who stay in combat for an extended duration instead of constantly crapping on Hybrids heals(Which counts as our defensive as well).

This game is so simplified and dumbed down the solutions are now obvious, and yet they elude these experienced developers. I cant understand. Stop kicking me while Im down. This will be the third mana nerf and 5th heals overall nerf for my DPS class. And this is supposed to be focused on healers.

1 Like

LMAO this is so drastic

1 Like