Bornakk on Communication Going Forward

From GD:

1 Like

Lol. So no change in barely existent communication. Got it.

30 Likes

Well, he did respond, which is something, I guess.

I mean saying we are not ignoring you, prefer to let our actions speak for themselves, after they just laid off CMs is kinda contradicting, no?

18 Likes

Eh, you guys are a tough crowd.
:neutral_face:

1 Like

It was a bad choice of words.

1 Like

The disconnect is that I think when you guys see a CM say “ours” you interpret it as Blizzard + the CM themself + Activision. Whereas the CM is likely meaning “ours” to merely be himself and the other CM’s he works alongside.

Most of these guys probably don’t even know the names of the higher up shot callers at the top of the Activision ladder. They are just regular folks heading into their jobs daily like the average person.

Go to work every day, labeled a community manager, tells customer (community) that we won’t be communicating with you, informs customer (community) to basically deal with it. Sounds like a solid gig. Ya’ll hiring?

15 Likes

You know if they decided to simply change the job title to something that actually reflects the job, I would be cool with it.

13 Likes

Precisely. Calling someone a community manager that has no plans on communicating with the community he manages isn’t a community manager. It’s an HoA rep.

3 Likes

I think that is exactly what is making everyone worried…the “actions” that are being seen by the community are contradictory to what the community is expecting and wants. They are saying one thing but from our perspective it looks like they are doing the opposite. My 2¢

5 Likes

I don’t mean to dodge the question but I would prefer to let our actions speak for themselves…

The new title will be “Mime” and they will communicate via charades in front of a non-functioning web cam.

:nose::point_left:

5 Likes

LOL oh man, I got the best visual of that…:rofl:

edit:

1 Like

Calling the blues “community managers” at this point is downright insulting.

There is no interaction with the community. They are more like moderators who occasionally post.

9 Likes

In a best case scenario, sadly.

1 Like

1 Like

There is absolutely NO way I could be a CM here. I would get fired the first day. Some of the post in this forum would have my blood boiling and I would probably twist off.
I mean, alot of the threads are very toxic. Who in their right mind would want to jump in and try to calm down a vicious crowd? This is the internet and you cannot make everyone happy.
Do the CM’s need to participate more? Yes they do. But, I also see why they dont. Most post on here are out of rage and anger about Blizz. Most are rightfully so. But how would you feel to be the one to try to put the fires out? Not me

4 Likes

Beat me too it, and they fired the one guy that actually talked with us… Gotta love that “Quality” and Bli, er I mean Activison polish!

1 Like

There is a way they can communicate with us and if just by a slim to freaking none odds that one of them is reading this; here is how you handle this community.

Rule 1 You add no personal bias of any kind or personal desires for Classic WoW to your communications in this forum. You are well aware just how volatile this community actually is because this is a very passionate subject.

Rule 2 You communicate weekly; once a week is plenty. Too much and you over work your self or you do not deliver real facts and detail on the project.

So what do you report? Well that’s easy; take your self down to the Classic WoW team in person and talk too them once a week and ask questions YOU think would be good to have answered on the forums. I can be really dumb simple stuff like what components are they working on this week or even something so mundane as what bugs have you discovered and how are they being addressed.

Remember this can be in your own words; bring a recording device to conduct your weekly interview; form a “cliff notes” kind of version and post it up. It does not need to be super long or ultra detailed, but this will show the community where things are at presently and in addition give the community something GOOD to talk about for a change.

Additionally this is a VERY good way for you to indirectly connect the community with the developers by posting up questions that THEY the developers may have in regard to what WE the players would like to see.

Example… Does 1.12 version of AV go live or does the OG version go live? These are the kinds of subjects you can bring up, talk about and communicate back to the developers.

If you’re so inclined you can even conduct off topic discussions but remember to keep your own personal feelings and opinions on how things are going to go out of this forum so that you’re an neutral 3rd party that everyone feels they can talk too.

Thank you, Williams.

10 Likes

They keep saying their listening but nothing changes. All those Q&A’s they keep saying they understand the ap grind and there listening to artifact trait feedback, yet they keep ignoring the issues and adding more traits… people keep telling them personal loot sucks and the ilvl scaling isn’t working as intended and they always keep saying their listening and the value our feedback, and 3, 6, 8 months later nothing changes.

The only thing Blizzard listened to in the last 2 years was finally announcing Classic servers after people kept begging for them year after year, since then BfA has been nothing but a huge mess.

4 Likes