No Classic in 2019

You heard the sad news from Blizzard yesterday. No major game planned for 2019.

Until the company says its actually coming in 2019, dont hold your breath.

Any previous statements are null and void until a new one is released starting from yesterday.

= (

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that just means a new IP or sequel to a current IP. However, it does kinda show how they view Classic internally within the “business” departments.

14 Likes

it was never seen as a major game guys

the team and budget for classic has always been small

7 Likes

Community engagement from Blizzard on Classic has been very poor, with the exception of a blue post here or there in the forums. After listening to some of the highlights of the conference call I can assume that their actual focus is the Chinese market, which from a shareholder standpoint makes sense, but from a Classic launch perspective it almost seems worthless.

Part of me thinks they are taking the “if we don’t feed them they’ll rip themselves apart” strategy when it comes to Classic and us here in the forums. But what I don’t think they get is while they can surly find ways to make money that are continuing to harm their brand. We as humans like good brands, strong and confident brands that provide awesome services to it’s customers. They are lacking here in my opinion.

If it comes out, I will play it, if it doesn’t I will enjoy the remnants that can be found on pservers.

Their biggest issues still are the communication, which is kind of ironic because it’s one of the things that was pointed out in the conference call. So we’ll see in time. But i’ve lost a little faith after yesterday :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

Sometimes it’s better to just sit back and watch and possibly learn a few things instead of jumping head first into a discussion you know nothing or very little about.

And they did say it was coming in the summer of 19 sooo…

8 Likes

Yeah and that was before the announcement yesterday changing the business all together.

Its basically an austerity announcement.

I think that is a fair, well written assessment of recent events. The age of brash no-changers fighting for their piece of nostalgia is squashed by doubts that classic will even be released.

I read the articles about the conference call. I read pieces of the call. I am in the same boat as everyone else on this forum- none of us has a clue what the fallout will be. Dont let posters trick you into thinking they have the skinny because they dont know any more than you.

In the meantime, we can hope that classic comes. If it does, I think perhaps there may be more of an emphasis to make money from it (for example in game purchases and other stuff…please let tournament realms be one of them!) If this is the case, no changers will be sad and threaten to quit. That’s ok too. Times change and Activision is clearly focused on making money.

1 Like

I guess it’s how you look at it.

I think Classic will still turn out ok because to me what was learned yesterday and what Classic is going (supposed) to be have already been decided before we knew about it.

The majority of effects on Classic in relation to reducing CS staff have already been revealed to us in the form of loot trading and the whole right-click report feature.

That’s not to say there are no more major changes to come but I’m very hopeful there won’t be.

I’m not sure that you did. Unless the developers are part of producing or e-sports (spoiler alert, they’re not), yesterday will have no effect on the development of Classic.

1 Like

You speak as if you are in a position of some kind of authority, but the reality is that you know nothing.

3 Likes

“No major release in 2019”

It’s not a major release. For all intents and purposes, it’s an existing game.

When it’s a few months away from release, and they aren’t having developers from the team cut, what makes you think that all of a sudden it’s not going to be out now?

4 Likes

I will wait to hear from the company, I am not holding my breath.

Its not uncommon for a business to back track on previous statements.

Hopefully they will come out and confirm their previous statement because it would seem contradictory at this time.

Tunnel vision is fine too tho.

You know, I’m flagging this, because there has been zero indication that Classic will be canceled. If anything, Classic could be viewed as a nice extra DLC and maybe a little bump in profit for the Warcraft franchise.

Your post reads as if you know something when in fact it’s “fake news” until we hear something different.

7 Likes

Other than some sort of troll attempt in this post, what is contradictory? Non development positions are being laid off. Your speculation makes no sense based on the information at hand.

3 Likes

Restructuring. 20% boost on certain titles could easily mean reallocation of existing staff.

How is this a troll attempt.

The corporation made a major announcement indicating a revenue shortfall for 2019 and major restructuring of existing resources.

This shouldnt be that trivial people.

Literally the highest revenue in the history of the company isn’t a shortfall. This is them wanting ALL the money, not just a ton of it. The layoffs and changes aren’t because they’re hurting for money.

Not releasing something that’s not far from going out the door into player hands isn’t going to make them more money.

1 Like

That was 2018. Their stock dropped over 50%.

Revenue forcasts for 2019 is not looking good.

But hey, dont let FACTS get in the way.

Prepare for more of these threads as the big YouTubers will rile up the masses.

8 Likes

Man I have flagged more topics for trolling in the last 24 hours than I have for the last year and a half on this sub.

4 Likes