10.0 suggestion thread

Okay it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these but here we go.

I’m trying to make a compilation thread for Blizzard’s purposes of things we want to see in 10.0. The devs have been doing a great job with the current patches and content they are making for us despite a global pandemic.

That all being said here is some of my own suggestions.

I would like to see a sort of pan back into the main story focus of WoW mainly the character himself(Herself etc) you know? In classic we start off as the lowly recruit joining the horde or alliance factions and I THINK honestly the story needs to go back to something like this.

The panned out cosmic stories that the game is focusing on currently is fine and all but it becomes too easy to loose sight of the main focus of the story, your character. I think the game could do with reverting to much more of the character being the central focus of the story versus all of these alien forces.

Also I want to see the devs and writers begin to focus on the Naaru a lot more. In my opinion what is their deal here? They supposedly are the good guys since Vanilla and now (With Illidan’s case specifically) have seeming dark motivations of their own.

I want to see a return to blizzard form and focusing on the character as the main focus point of the story.

Me and some buddies were recently talking and have some suggestions that we would like to see going forward. There needs to be a way we can legit improve character stats. (Not just gear) Hear me out, what I’m saying is we have an external system (Could be a new item upgrade type or some stuff like this) to upgrade our characters.

I’m not saying just gear. I’m saying we could incorporate some sort of system into the game where (We already have Jewelcrafting for example) where the character consumes an item and gains like +1 to chosen stats. I wanna see (I’m with Stoopz for example here) more deep focusing on the character class and relative upgrades.

In 10.0 I want to see a return to where the character (The player character) is the main focus of the story. Once we were all The Hero not characters of the Alliance/Horde that seem so far away and alien to us. I want to see a focus on the characters being the focus point of the story. I am sure I am not the only one whose like why is X happening to everybody else but NOT my character you know?

This is a small request but I want to see more decision making on our character’s behalf too! I think WOW is on the cusp of being truly great once more we just gotta return to the character being the focus here. Don’t give up guys you guys are all doing phenomenal work (Despite a pandemic) and I’m hoping my words and humble suggestions can help put the game back in a more digestible direction!

Let’s have a great discussion all. I’m just a WOW andy who wants to see this game succeed.

1 Like

I would like the random and epic battleground blacklist to make a comeback!

3 Likes

-Cross faction play
-remaining 2 allied race slots
-Player housing/guild housing
-‘Actual’ new story
-Game rename
-Tinker class
-Azeroth zone revamps
-Different body types
-Removal of rating gated gear
-NO MORE SYSTEM GRINDS
-Neutral city hub
-No borrowed power
-Different variety of Vulpera on Alliance
-Worgen tails
-More customization

5 Likes

Keeping an eye on this thread for my CC forum post: QoL / "Bring Back" Wishlist

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses so far gang.

I think personally the ideas n suggestions so far are fantastic, let’s keep the discussion going.

My whole personal thing is I want to go back to where the character (The Hero in other words) is the central focus point of the story.

We need to go back to where the player character is what matters.

I wanna further see more profession changes and crafting things that matter to the character.

Such as the suggestion I added earlier where we can essentially create stat boosting items at this point now.

I want to see WoW move forward another 20+ years going forward.

I want the game’s success.

But yes I think for that to happen we need to scale back on the story elements of the overall game.

We need to get back to where we were just lowly recruits joining either faction yall feel me?

Either way folks let’s keep the convo going!!!

New thoughts I had.

I been keeping up with a lot of the 10.0 stuff and here’s a few other things I’ve come up with. I think we’re past due a Class overhaul of epic proportions. I wanna see things like new abilities perhaps a new individual class story line and things like this.

I want blizz to go back to where the CLASS was the most epic choice you had to make in the game. Picking your favorite Class or Classes (Like in my own situation) and devving it up from there.

I want 10.0 to be as amazing as possible.

I wanna see more character class stuff taking it back to the roots of the game. Class overhauls, new abilities and the like. But yeah I want to see the specs of each class matter more too. In regards to my original idea I posted earlier, I wanna see our existing (And newcoming profession stuff) improving our character’s stats in some way too. With cooking for example, we already have food buff stuff.

I wanna see a situation where we make consumable items to improve our stats in some way. I think there in would provide a lot of character customizing options.

But yeah guys, keep the convo going.

I really wanna see major class overhaul going. Keep up the great work everyon.

A few ideas to echo/contribute:

1. I would love to see each Season have 1 Raid and 3-5 Dungeons that explore the themes, lore, and characters of that Season as well as threading into the overall fabric of the patch and the Warcraft story at large. My favorite examples were the ICC Dungeons. That means, however, not launching the game with 8 dungeons. Personally, as a working parent and player, it is far too much work for me to be a good player in all 8 dungeons plus the new raid when a new expansion hits.

2. Yes, please, player-centric questing. I just completed the intro quests to Zereth Mortis, and it was really weird (in a bad way) when Pelagos runs up to me and tells me what to do. Why am I suddenly following his whim when there is a cosmic crisis afoot? It may be very awkward to have us being quest-givers or to click through dialogue to decide what to do, but perhaps at least if our questgivers are people like Bolvar, Thrall/Jaina, and Khadgar or new characters relevant to the zone like Firim.

3. I always enjoy the quest-puzzle-adventure zones of modern WoW. Fresh and creative ideas, lots to discover! But I wonder if it is time for something fresh. Is it 5 expansions now that we have used this method? Here are a few ideas just to get the juices flowing:

A. Let us explore true WarCraft (RTS) flavor but not necessarily Alliance v. Horde. What if there were a zone where the Alliance and Horde both were launching expeditions and assaults against a common enemy, and perhaps we are still rivals trying to outdo each other?

B. A zone that is (or has features that are) constantly evolving based on player decisions. Take the idea of the Broken Isles and different projects we are contributing to. Cool. Now make it more permanent and bigger. Imagine (in the above scenario) the Horde is establishing a watch tower on the edge of a battlefield against Enemy X. Each week, new quests open up that allow us to progress, plus contributing materials et cetera, and we can develop fortresses, walls, mage towers, whatever we need, and the changes are “permanent” for either the whole server or perhaps the whole region (US, EU, et cetera). Not constantly breaking down like Broken Shore.

C. Now take this a little farther… What if enemy assaults can also permanently change those things, not just on a timer but rather something the players can interact with? Every Y hours, Enemy X attacks, and a zone-wide quest erupts where players rally to defend. If we defend and drive them off, we get big rewards and save what we built. If we do not, they may destroy some of our progress. (Not sure what to do when the zone becomes inactive later in the game…)

1. Running back and forth across the map to hunt down rares for % and currency is getting old IMO. How often do they die right before I get there, then one spawns where I had been? #feelsbad

Thanks, Blizzard, for your continued dedication to a great game!
-S

1 Like

fire all devs they just suck

1. Difficult solo PvE continent that can be completed for higher ilvl (ie: heroic end boss) gear on a weekly lockout.
    • Most of the objections to solo content giving better gear isn’t objecting to the concept, but that none of the solo content that exists is difficult enough to justify rewarding good gear.
  2. Fewer OP M+ trinkets that will be BiS all expansion (They just nefed scale, ruby, and phial, but IQD still exists)
    • Re-farming the same items every season gets old.
  3. Further nerf or remove the incentive to PvP to be BiS in PvE.
    • PvP and PvE are different enough that it almost feels like 2 separate games.
  4. More frequent class balance/talent tuning passes.
    • Class/spec tuning is in a decent spot (and has been since legion), but more frequent, targeted changes to bring different builds good.
    • There are some talent rows that have 1-2 dead talents, that have been the same since BFA. That in particular feels bad.
  5. Less linear dungeons.
    • IMO, the best dungeons of BFA/SL were the ones where it wasn’t just run through the instance in a line and kill bosses. Give us more choice in what trash to kill, closer to Freehold, Eye of Azshara, Junkyard, or the 1st half of Halls
    • Linear dungeons should still exist, but they shouldn’t be the overwhelming majority like they were in SL.
  6. On a similar note, buff threat.
    • It feels bad for the tank to have a situation where the tank plays well, but the mage still ends up with aggro.
    • We don’t need to go back to legion, where you could blood boil twice and speed pot out and never loose threat, but the current tuning doesn’t feel good either.
2 Likes

Not a ground breaking suggestion:

1. When there is a story dialogue going on, if I deselect that NPC or select another NPC. All of them start doing the default hello/ goodbye phrases. It is very jarring when there is s tory dialogue and multiple NPCs are doing their hello/ goodbye phrases.

2. Rewards in form of items/ mogs/ mounts/ pets/ toys seem not enough. player/ guild housing and decorating seem a good new avenue of type of rewards. Even having a ship and decorating/ modifying the ship might be a good idea.

3. Fight on flying mounts/ ground mounts are always part of the fantasy. But in my opinion it is not implemented well in the game. Is there anyway to make it more fluent and interesting? What about ships and adventures?

4. I love the added puzzles. I think archeology and puzzles can fit together.

5. Doing Tazavesh was the most fun I had with my friends. Maybe, I never did it as much as the other ones because of M+ obviously, but I hope Blizzard does not interpret it that I did not like it because of number participation. I think having dungeons only for the sake of M+ is a mistake. It is always good to add a dungeon for the sake of adventure as well. Don’t get me wrong. I like M+ a lot but I think there should be another way to interact with a dungeon besides M+.

1 Like

•All classes for all races.
•San’layn.
•Legitimate High Elves.
•Tails for Worgen.
•Dark Rangers.
•Frostmourne for Death Knights.
•Lightforged Human customization options.
•Unrestricted transmog options, able to wear all armor types excluding tier sets meant for a different class. To include weapons and weapon type.
•Sylvanas to go on a shelf for a very extended period of time.
•More customization options for all races.
•Choose your faction, endgame being unaffected by faction barriers.
•Cross-faction guilds, LFR, LFD, unrated PvP, etc.
•Big Bad™ Turalyon.
•More class / spec customization through the use of glyphs / class skins.
•Evergreen content from Class Halls.

1 Like

@Dawnbright-GODS YES I actually submitted a request to the dev team for that very same thing a long time ago. All class all race token was a suggestion I gave them a few months ago and I am hoping they add something like that. With regards to more player races I totally agree. I’m eyeing those Lightforge Undead myself! All great suggestions mate keep it up.

@Mamadian-You bring up valid points. I always had minor issue with tab targeting myself where the target command picks the wrong mob I am trying to target. Like there is a mob right in front of me and then I’ll target a mob yards away like what the heck mate. But yeah bro all great suggestions. I been liking that quests are showing OUR characters more like the cut scenes. I think thats brilliant as heck.

@Capslock-You hit it right on the head buddy. I want to see MORE soloable content in general. Give us npcs that help us out in dungeon runs and the like that would be amazing.

@Sindea-You are bringing up a lot of good stuff. I am not a raider myself (Yet) but I do like the idea of tanking a lot. I have been learning how to tank of late. Its a very cool play style and I like helping out other players. Also I mention this already but I wanna see our player characters become the central point of the story again. I think blizz is taking steps in the right direction to be sure.

Great points everyone, note I don’t respond to troll comments keep those to yourself you know who you are. I feel that blizz developers and blizz as a whole is working very hard to bring us an amazing game. So keep rude comments to yourself mate. (You know who you are) But yeah that all being said lets keep the convo going guys. You guys are making amazing suggestions.

Few more from me, I wanna see an overhaul of the quest package. Just more cut scenes and the like so we can see our character a lot more. I am an Undead lover so I think that seeing my character grow and change more would be amazing.

Keep it up everyone you guys are all fantastic!!!

Like most of these so far.

For me…

I’m done with “chosen by the first ones” I just want to be a big dumb moose fighting and healing things.

I’d love to see Chromie time at max. One of the big draws for me to WoW was 15 years of content and a massive open world. Come to find out both are illusions. Neither are accessible in a “not 1 shot” fun way. 95% of the playable content is inaccessible in any meaningful way if you are max level, and if you level lock to play that content you are locked out of current expansion. It’s stupid.

I’d also like pvp templates returned for casual BGs only, the gear disparity between a fresh 60 and someone who’s been around pushing content is too steep, too many ilvl jumps - almost 100 between a fresh 60 and a well geared player. Not saying it should be nothing, just not being 1 shot would be nice. Let gear scale for rated, casual should be casual.

Like we have for gear sets, I’d like to be able to save and switch my talents and bars based on the content I’m running. My bars shift quite a bit when talents change between raid and dungeons, with soulbinds/covenant ability everytime I switch between dungeons and raid I have to rework my talents and bars - would be less annoying if I could save 2 or 3 options.

Too many currencies and layered systems. I actually enjoyed BfAs level enough not complain about it till corruption hit. That was one too many for me. Legion felt ok.

There needs to be an easier way to get base weapons sets. Not good ones, but good enough ones. This is for spec shifting. It may be mostly a Druid problem, but if I want to switch to cat or bear I literally have had almost no access to the agility weapons - esp. at the start of an expansion - unless I farm them from the spec I do have weapons for. Past expansions usually had decent starter crafted weapons you could get on the auction house, but I haven’t seen them this expansion. This get worse as later tiers come, ZM has an option, but I don’t recall one in the last patch.

1 Like

You guys have suggestions like, “Remove buffs/debuffs. It limits creativity and flexibility in play, whilst it does promote an idea of class fantasy it does so at gameplay.” in your wishlists. What’s really going on over there?

1 Like

Hey guys love both of your responses doods.

@Wodo-I’m with you on the weapons idea for sure. I wanna see something where weapons are more relevant. Something like Legion had the right idea there. I wanna see more with regards to player power as a whole. I suggested this earlier in the thread but I wanna see something where our professions can boost our stats. And for Mao’s sakes can we please get some sort of way to get LUCK back I miss that stat.

@Dadvibes-Just a good discussion mate. Like your ideas though I will say personally we need to see a LOT more class overhauls and the like. I personally think we can keep buffs and debuffs they just need to get overhauled n tweaked in some way. I think the foundations are all there. And I think all classes could do with a class buffer of some type.

I think we’re all doing great so far guys keep it all up.

I’ll keep responding to your suggestions from my limited knowledge of WoW as a whole. I"m no where near coder level myself, but I have a good understanding of how the game works. I personally just want the game to succeed so our kids and the next generation can continue to play this lovely n wonderful game.

You can switch between classes per armor type. If you choose plate you can switch between warrior, dk, paladin etc.

You can do all professions on every character.

1 Like

@Ensane-

It is my understanding a major professions overhaul (No spoilers or anything heheh) is coming. So we just have to be patient and see what they give us.

I want to see all professions or something similar on characters too.

I thought of something cool today, I want them to let us start level 1 characters completely in the new expansion stuff. I think that would be completely amazing. I’m eagerly looking forward to the expac reveal.

I wanna see a massive talent overhaul, if not the old talents back, at least give us better and interesting new ones.

More class tunings, I want to see many classes buffed. Such as Shaman who are historically a weaker class that is underplayed. I wanna see weaker classes and weaker talents buffed up a lot.

But yeah guys keep up the good work in this discussion I will try to respond to all commentary. Also, I won’t respond to troll comments keep it civil please.

Remove worgen and I’ll buy 5 years of sub

I want playable Saberon, won’t happen, but that doesn’t prevent me from wanting it.

I want a massive amount of customizations for ALL races, beards for all, including undead, straight backs for all, tattoos, random and race/class specific for all, more jewelry for all races, more earrings, rings, necklaces, tons of hairstyles and new colors, maybe more effects like what the velfs get, but different colors.

Would love for more race and/or class specific quests, kind of like we had in Legion, although unlikely unless it ties into whatever story.

That’s it off the top of my head, I’m sure there is a lot more I want though. Always want more mounts, ground and flying. :smiley:

1 Like

Im just really happy that there will be something else besides SL … cant sand SL

1 Like