1-2 second ping; Spell delays

Seems like ever since the hotfix to wipe out the battlegroups and fuse them all together again, I have been experiencing ping issues with my game that does not correlate to the performance of my ISP. I notice this happening mostly when joining a BG or at peak times 6-9 server when the ping becomes inconsistent. My addons are up to date but disabling them also seems to help at times which is also strange. I am surprised to see no one else has mentioned it so, is anyone else going through this problem? And did you find a solution?

Thanks

you are pprobably getting shunted to the other coast. ie, play on east coast servers, BG forms and is hosted on the west coast servers.

All their servers are housed in the same location, AFAIK. Even the Oceanic servers are in the U.S.; that’s just where they’re hosting to.
It’s likely a bug, OP. There’s been alot of wonky behaviour since last patch, so posting it in the Classic Bug Forums will get your post the traction you’re looking for.

1 Like

That is not true. They have data centers in a few locations.
They moved the Oce Servers to Australia in WoD iirc.

In retail its very obv when you get your bg hosted on the us servers are your ping goes from 20 to 150.
There are east and west coast locations as well.

See that? I didn’t quote it as fact. The only thing I do know as fact is that all their servers, even Oceanic, are in fact all housed in the U.S. Blizzard confirmed that in an interview you can dig up if you’re so inclined. They were discussing how few players understand how their “server locations are irrelevant” if that helps you narrow it down. If you ever worked in the tech field, you’d understand how little your comment makes sense. Their use of a “cloud” service definitely doesn’t help latency, but isn’t the point of my reply to OP.
My point was knowing that, it makes me think that’s not exactly OP’s issue. Alot has been messed up since last patch along the lines of OP’s complaint.

Q: What benefits will local game servers have for Australian and New Zealand World of Warcraft players?
A: The introduction of World of Warcraft game servers hosted in Australia, which will support the Oceanic realms, should provide local Australian and New Zealand players with reduced latency, which should provide an improved gameplayexperience as a result.

Q: Where will the servers be physically located?
A: The game servers will be hosted within an Australian data centre, ensuring Australian and New Zealand players receive the best possible latency.

Im truely sorry i listened to the blues that posted that.

1 Like

Ahhh yes, “fact”.

That’s from 2018. The interview I read was from a interview they did in 2019. Quit picking a bone with me, unless you’re so messed up you don’t care that you’re deliberately now derailing someone’s thread. Grow up.
Perhaps English isn’t your first language if you fail to comprehend what "as far as I know means & I pointed you to where that information came from. Seriously, get over yourself.

From what I read, tough guy. How does this concern you? Do neither of you have anything better to do than push some hair splitting crap in order to hijack OP’s thread? I legit was trying to help the guy. Get outta here with your nonsense attitudes. I already said I’m not threatened by being wrong, but it’s ignorant to hijack OP’s thread & now all either of you are doing is flaming & trolling. :clap: :clap: :clap:

OP, I hope you found out the issue & I’m done engaging w/the kids who apparently have nothing better to do.

There are two server locations blizz publicly declares in the US

Chicago and LA

You’re probably going to chicago…Shouldn’t be 1 second tho. Games where it remains stable probably LA server so nothing changes. Takes time for the UI to show you the change.

1 Like

The guy who is spreading misinformation and passing it off as “fact” is the good guy here.

/s

:violin:

Do you understand how to read? Or you just targeting me and derailing this thread because you got nothin better to do? I haven’t said anything untrue. Read the above comment, know it all. Or research at all before you look like a fool. More.
So let me get this right…I call out your lousy personality and your response is to double down with that lousy personality then claim yourself “superior”. HA!

Fixed that for ya. :smirk:

fact

noun

noun: fact ; plural noun: facts

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.

“he ignores some historical and economic facts”

Please look at the address’s for these server clusters and understand they arnt in the US. Perhaps try a tracert as well.

Region IP Address
The Americas 137.221.105.2 (US West)
24.105.62.129 (US Central)
Europe 185.60.112.157
Korea 211.115.104.1
Taiwan 210.71.148.11
Oceania 103.4.115.248

Understand the limits of current technology and tell me how i can get 27ms to a server in the us from NZ.

I fear it is you who are deluisional and spreading misinformation. Please stop.

Also NO ONE would uproot their servers from aus and move them back to the US inside a year from the article i posted.

Just accept you are wrong and move on.
But apologise first.

Last patch I get random lag spikes in certain situations. Like for some reason it randomly happens 2-3 times during a raid. I can still hear everyone in voice chat and they can hear me, but nothing is happening for 5-10 seconds.

TBH i think the lockdown is causing the internet as a whole to be bogged down, and this will be noticeable when you are making longer trips to where the server is hosted.

You are probably on a not-so-stable route to the game server.

1 Like