1.12 AV won't be authentic for classic

The proof is in the BlizzCon 2018 WoW Classic panel that has been linked MANY times on this forum.

And no, remaking that data is pserver levels of inaccuracy and antithetical to the point of Classic WoW.

1 Like

that didn’t prove anything at all considering they obvious still have older data as is evident with other things they are doing in classic.

Obviously not EVERYTHING got overwritten, otherwise the game would be completely broken.

But very specific things are completely lost to time at this point. I’ve no doubt the 1.5 version of AV is one of them due to getting overwritten with data from the following patches.

“GUYS, I want 1.5 AV but 1.6 Battlemasters but 1.12 talents but but but…”

These frankenpatch posts are so tiring/boring.

Why not just say - “Make Classic as similar to my Private Server as you can, Blizz.”

1.5 AV should be a novelty event, something you do once or twice and then don’t go back into.
As someone who slogged out a LOT of classic PVP, its good to get in and do the AV quests and experience the spectacle of it but as a repetitive pvp event its poorly designed (balance wise) and takes too long reward wise.

TL;DR
Blizz got this one right, you think you do but you dont.

2 Likes

Correct, in every way.

1.12 is still a classic patch. Therefore 1.12 AV is still classic AV.

That is a fact. Your feelings do not apply here.

2 Likes

It is called classic WoW not 1.12 WoW.

If they want the most authentic experience they should have things be set to what the playerbase as a majority view as the best version of each of them.

1 Like

is ti classic though? it most certainly is vanilla but it isn’t the classic feeling of AV.

I love how cry babies are constantly moving the goal posts on what “classic” means.

Even if Blizzard decides to use a version of AV that is not 1.12 they’re never going to give you 1.5. If anything the farthest they will go back is the version where the horde starting point was moved.

what goal post? This has always been my stance on classic. You pick the favorite version of everything because this is a museum. It is staying this way forever. It should be what people like the most.

1 Like

The issue is, what you may find enjoyable, someone else might not.

If you actually cared about having the true classic experience, you would want all the faults and negatives. Not just cherry picked things that you have a “fond” memory of.

Therefore your view of a true classic is not even the true classic. Hence my comment about moving the goal posts.

You still haven’t explained how exactly the developers manage to create content from scratch for retail, yet are seemingly unable to recreate something from 15 years ago.

1 Like

I love how obvious retail players who dislike classic feel compelled to come into this forum and take verbal dumps in it at will.

1 Like

Did what I say hurt your fragile little feelings?

What I said is the truth. You guys want a real classic experience but you only want the “good” bits, none of the bugs, flaws and problems.

An “authentic experience” is not an objective unit of measurement and makes it hard to argue for/against.
Classic wow is not Vanilla, its about taking the best bits… or the bits of vanilla that most closely resemble the experience or spirit of the game and implementing them in a new product offering. Where possible bugs and imbalances should be addressed. 1.5 AV was grossly imbalanced with both faction bias to the alliance and the rewards for completion.

I guarantee there is or was data that showed 1.12 AV was far more entered/played than any version before it. The playerbase has already spoken. Years ago.

More people have not raided compared to those who raided by a large margin, therefore the playerbase has spoken. Raids are bad.

More people have eaten and eaten more often at McDonalds than at Ruths Chris. Clearly McDonalds is better.

Your McAlterac may have gotten more traffic, but it is far from the better iteration.

1 Like

Queing into AV and raiding are two entirely different things.

I know you want a Frankenpatch. Most of us don’t. It’s really simple to grasp.

Embrace that 1.12AV! It is whats happening. And I’m loving it.