1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I could’ve sworn Scholo was 15 man at some point. Please tell me if I am wrong. It was so long ago that half the things that did happen, were like half forgotten dreams.

IIRC, it was able to be run as such, but quests could not be done.

1 Like

Same as i remember it
You could convert a group to raid and get more people in, but you no longer got any quest credits etc.

It’s not 2004, no one wants what they wanted in 2004. Sorry nastalgia bro.

1 Like

This. /10char

1.12 is nonsense. That being said, i look forward to afking while getting quick honor.

1 Like

So why do people want to play wow classic if no one wants what they wanted in 2004? facepalm CLEARLY the need to want what they had in 2004-2007 was why they have wow classic.

4 Likes

So does an argument against early AV exist at this point?

“Too much effort to recreate”

• Blizzard literally has already done so

“Takes too long”

• Many claim it doesn’t matter which version we get, as it will be zerged anyway

What else is there? The bad faith “wasn’t in classic 1.12 lol” faux #nochanges troll?

3 Likes

Yes blizzard clearly explained it, it had too many NPC’s that were too strong.

It’s the same reason they changed it in vanilla and the same reason they’re using it now. You just don’t like that reason even though most people prefered it.

Your perpetual troll reason is duly noted, and rightfully disgarded.

2 Likes

AV is about rep, not honor.

Too bad that pointing out the actual reasons blizzard both changed AV during vanilla and picked that version now isn’t trolling. Nor is pointing out that the version of AV we’re getting is more popular than the one you want.

To bad so sad for you.

2 Likes

It’s a nice touch seeing a random BFA player just happening to wander in here just to add a heart to your post.

Speaks volumes about your fans.

3 Likes

No thanks. Extra long AV was terrible for honor.

You have two other BGs to farm honor with.

3 Likes

BFA has the original AV right now and turtles do not happen.

1 Like

I played on private servers with old AV. Premades rush because rushing is the best honor, and everyone just afk’s out of the turtle games because they are a waste of time.

When the private servers rewarded double honor for games that lasted an hour and a faction had long queue times, the premades would literally take control of the whole map and push everyone on the opposite faction into the starting cave and farm them until the hour was over before they finished the game.

Regardless of what version of AV we get, almost everyone will be trying to win as quickly as possible, and old AV can be zerged, so it will be zerged. If you want long games either you would have to buff the npc’s to the point that zerging was impossible, or there would need to be a benefit to playing a long game.

4 Likes

I agree, I want to the old Vanilla AV

2 Likes

Welp. :man_shrugging:

As expected, people are completing AVs in under 10 minutes. PVP being completely bypassed.

16 Likes