1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

He wants the feeling of being part of something huge and meaningful. Nothing wrong with that desire. I’d even say most of humanity wants this.

How to get it? I don’t have the answer. Sometimes, obviously, that feeling happens in games. Are there other ways, besides gaming, to capture that feeling?

Well sure…there a probably ways to get that same feeling…but to drive the conversation back to the OP’s point, lets try to figure out a way to improve the user experience in-game.

I believe Blizzard (Activision) has a golden opportunity to regrow a decaying IP by starting these little projects that give users what they yearn/want.

Now…the pessimist in me says they won’t even bat an eye lash. But could/ought they do it? Absolutely.

Sounds fun, but blizzard has decided its not fun and they know whats best for you.

2 Likes

Here’s another vote for an earlier version of AV. It was such a unique experience and an epic battle.

The 1.11 -1.12 version was so soulless compared to the versions before it. Its just sad when u can do 20+ of those in an evening. We have wsg and arathi basin for that type of gameplay.

5 Likes

Old AV please.

Most AV games pre reinforcements lasted an hour+ you weren’t doing several in one evening.

Yeah I had 24 wins 1 loss in AV one evening in patch 1.11.
Horde were pissed…

It got even worse when 1.12 crossrealm came out and the lose faster mentality spread to our realm.

1 Like

And it was amazing!!

:cactus:

3 Likes

which is what they should have done.

wow its been 15 years and you remember a day doing good at video games. your success must be few and far between.

1 Like

Zerg avs will be the equalizer against premades in wsg and ab. Honor per minute will be slower but at least competitive.

That being said 1.12 is garbage.

Classic AV 1.5 is like Starcraft broodwar - Hard, some imbalances, done by original blizzard devs that knew wussup. The game is still being played today around the world.

AV 1.12 is like Starcraft 2. “Balance” changes kept happening, nerfs, etc. done by new blizzard devs. This game is now free cuz none wants to play it. (Except for UMS)

Please keep to 1.5 AV - or you will lose subs.

That or wouldnt that be awesome if the devs gave the community the tools to create their own “custom AV” like a UMS map, u dont earn honor, or progression on those maps but i bet people will play it for the sheer fun just like in broodwar and SC2.

Same analogy for Wow classic and retail.

Wow classic = SCBW

Wow retail = SC2

4 Likes

Hopefully Blizz listens to those who care to state well thought out views due to passion for the game, as opposed to only themselves. Thank you, OP. Couldn’t have said it better.

Used this analogy as well. Accessibility killed sc2. Theyre even making wc3 remake easier.

I predict a lot of versions of Helms Deep LOL
Would be kind of fun though

1 Like

I 100% agree with this, It is suppose to be WoW classic without any updates or future fixed content, It was suppose to replicate our WoW classic experience for nostalgia. When I had heard that Stratholme and Scholomance were capped at 5 man. I was like yeah, this is not classic at all… This is the experience Blizzard want’s us to have, Not the actual experience we had back then :frowning:

1 Like

People argue for 1.12 AV because they believe that those of us who want 1.10 AV or earlier versions are stubborn and clueless. The truth is that we who argue for 1.10 AV or earlier versions understand too much, so we don’t bother to state simple things, like:

• Blizzard does not want people to enjoy Classic WoW more than Modern WoW, because it creates two development pipelines and splits the playerbase, which could cause a permanent divide for some.
  • Blizzard ingratiates themselves (normal for business types) for their past work by suckering players into associating their longtime lost fond memories with the Classic WoW representation, which ultimately validates the design path the game has gone through.
  • Blizzard uses 1.12 AV primarily to cut effort and brain power - e.i. laziness.
  • Blizzard does not care about the long term success of Classic WoW, instead hoping players will be strung along a hastened development path that finishes by merging those players into the Modern WoW marketplace.

Tada. Not hard to understand right? Well, for some, yes it is. That is why so many still jump on the Blizzard bandwagon to argue for 1.12 AV. Enjoy your mount rides to victory!!!

7 Likes

Agreed, AV being the zerg fest it was in 1.12 is a mistake. I miss the days of joining an AV that has been going on for more than 2-3 days. Epic battlelines and flank ambushes while using NPCs to try to push back the enemy as you attempted to gain ground. Coordinating when to summon elites to do so. Good times.

5 Likes

7 days till we find out if Blizzard was actually listening.

I hear you on the topic of Strath/Scholo. They took what was once a game of mob jenga that took precision pulls, removed most of the pieces and then glued the remainder together. Which is a LOT like what they did with AV.

Bad decisions did not happen only after vanilla ended, but rather long before TBC was birthed.

3 Likes

Hear hear! I wholeheartedly agree.

3 Likes