1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Blizzard is stupid enough to think people who like Classic will also like retail and think retail is a superior “”"""“product”""""

Sorry but I enjoy melee not having 50 gap closers 50 escapes 50 invuls 50 interrupts plus RANGED STUNS AND CC. I also prefer every cast I do on a caster being rewarding instead of 1% of someones hp while I fill up my Generic Resource Bar™ #62

4 Likes

Retail Wow And Classic are two completely different dev teams. It’s possible Retail WoW is trying to win back customers

Was looking forward to the old AV that went on for hours sometimes but giving us the new AV totally blows.

2 Likes

All the while the people in this forum said “they don’t have the data its impossible blah blah blah”. And of all the people that have been asking for it with all the multi thousand post threads were in the classic forum , we get our faces spit in by them putting it in retail.

1 Like

The forums don’t represent even 0.05% of the total audience, only the loudest voices.

So we’re getting the worst version of AV in WoWs history.

3 Likes

Just be glad it isn’t going to be the original AV everyone wanted. You know someone is going to optimize how you play it to maximize it’s honor per hour and all your rose-tinted memories of it will end up being shattered when people start metagaming it to make the honor grind easier.

Right? And these clowns cried the patch we are playing on is too late, they wanted earlier patches. Now they want a later patch for there PVP? Blizz cant win with these clowns.

They must be giving us the 1.7 AV… they probably realized why 1.12 wouldn’t work and that’s why they ended up putting 1.7 into retail as well because it required developer resources to fix and reimplement…

If they honestly release 2 separate versions of AV and gave retail the classic version… that is beyond a blunder of epic proportions… it wouldn’t make any sense fiscally which is why I don’t think they’d do that…

2 Likes

Methinks you have a reading comprehension problem. Nobody has been asking for a later version of AV.

2 Likes

Strong argument.

2 Likes

Hmm… no blizzard was very clear that AV would not have reinforcements.

So basically we’re getting the most pvp oriented version of AV prior to reinforcements.

agree, was really looking forward to questing in AV to unlock giant golem and ram riders and stuff, things you actually needed to win back then … i hope they change their mind

2 Likes

Oh, you can conceptually still do that in 1.12. You simply will not have time to.

2 Likes

Ain’t no one got time for that.

The hundreds if other posters in this thread as well as myself do

When blizzard did the release of AV 1.12 awhile back in open beta the ram riders and Ivus etc… were routinely summoned.

The long AVs make sense in feeling like a real war. You play go to bed, then come back to see the same game going on. It’s like you were just resting from the long war to come back to it again. It was also a good way to put a stopper on people just trying to win or lose AVs to get their honor. It’s like saying you’re not going to just swoop in here quick and easy and disappear into the night, you’re in it for real.

8 Likes

I agree a Brazillion times over!!!

Still remember that bottleneck point in AV. One of Alliance’s advantages.