1.12 AV... I'm Losing Interest

We did have a couple threads with decent post counts, which I did acknowledge. A few people were legitimately dedicated to trying to get old AV.

Though it died down and people seemed to more or less just stop caring other than the odd person who would post a thread about it.

It’s certainly not like sharding which, despite having been mentioned half a year ago now and been debated to death multiple times is STILL getting a ton of posts.

Back in the day a lot of us, myself included, were very adamant about “No changes outside of the timeline of Vanilla”.

So we quite literally did get what we asked for =P

2 Likes

Are you short and stout? No, that’s a dwarf. Dwarves are teapots. You’re more like the huge pitcher my iced tea is kept in while in the fridge. :stuck_out_tongue:

POST this everywhere cause I don’t want to play 1.12 AV garbage lmao. If I wanted to “PVP” by completely ignoring all enemy players in a BG IL sub to retail Blizzard…

3 Likes

The biggest thing that we’d probably need a lawyer to clarify is that fact that World of Warcraft is a game that is very much so still on the market and being actively developed.

Granted World of Warcraft as it was in 2004 is so different we could say “It might as well be a different game” to what it is in 2019, but it IS still technically the same game.

Though I’m sure if these laws pass it’ll all get sorted out the first time somebody is willing to take a developer to court over “preserving an older version of a MMO”, and that will be the precedent that we all go with.

If it’s not a lot of work, why the (insert cuss here) is it taking them this long to get it out?

Hell if i know, i wish i had a crystal ball, i guess maybe back porting the data is a pain, they only hired a small team, so it’s a lot of work for em. Maybe they just want something out in the summer? There where a lot of lay-off’s. Maybe they just want to troll us.

Anyone got some better answers?

Maybe it’s already done and they’re just until April 1st to release it after a post telling us it’s been cancelled.

Yes that’s true, anything is doable with the right team / approach. But It will be the exception rather than the rule at 60.

1 Like

Boy, would THAT cause the forums to implode.

Just speculation, but my guess is that the team isn’t very big. Blizzard pretty clearly doesn’t consider this a major project, and have called it a “passion project”.

I think it’s something they want to do and convinced the higher ups they could make some money off it, but they don’t think it’ll be that popular and can’t get a ton of resources for it.

Fair enough, one thing to note is how easy it is to play defensive and anti zerg measures, for example if one side wipes the other (Which is easy to do) At Balinda, or Galv. Good chance is they’re both going to clash in the middle.

Though on for example AV bonus honor weekend, people would most likely zerg for under 25 min games and so on.

I think that’s EXACTLY the situation given what information we have from them already.

I agree. Old AV was what pvp in a mmo should be imo. Quests, mobs and big battles of players fighting over all of it.

6 Likes

I figure as much as well. It makes a lot of sense from that point of view as well, since Mike Morhiame, recently left after it’s announcement, and wanted to keep something lasting from the old days.

I think it was noted that the team wasn’t large at all, and even if it’s not a lot of work, a small team can only do such much within a day. I do think this was something thought about for a while, but just never put into practice till now it seems.

1 Like

Old av is where it’s at… I’m not very happy about 1.12 av

4 Likes

A bit of a side note but I kind of wish we’d see more of these “passion projects” in the gaming industry as a whole that are smaller in scope but aren’t expected to rake in millions.

AAA games have so much pressure put on them to perform financially that often it feels like they were designed by a checklist written by a room of suits trying to figure out some magic formula to video game financial success.

I think there was a either a podcast or Twitch stream where Ythsiens (sp?) said Blizz had been working on Classic for 7 months before he found out in a meeting.

I recommend watching this video:

Our boi Ythisens dishing out some sweet info on Classic that I’m sure he’d have wanted to share with us anyway if he wasn’t laid off.

Byeee

:black_small_square:

“Best” is subjective. There’s 3 threads and people asking for everything from 1.12 to the original launch version. This is Blizzard ripping off the bandaid. No way to please everyone with this one.

Same with the upcoming announcements that you won’t be able to 10 man Scholo, or 15man UBRS, they will be capped at 5 and 10. Some won’t mind that, some will.