1.12 AV... I'm Losing Interest

See you this summer, friend.

1 Like

Thankfully nothing is final. The change in content progression proved this. They originally said 4 phases. We didn’t want that. They listened. Now it is 6 phases. Hopefully it will be the same in this case.

7 Likes

Sure. I’ll play either. However, the sky is not falling.

1 Like

If you’d read the rest of my post I acknowledge that some people wanted and asked for AV, but it was never really a big deal around here.

My point is not that literally nobody asked for it, so pointing out that some people did doesn’t negate my point.

1 Like

This feels like one of those “I’m quitting WoW” posts that were all over wrath-now

Here let me add some authenticity to it.

See you, you won’t be missed.

4 Likes

You forgot to ask if you can have their stuff.

4 Likes

OP can I have your stuff?

4 Likes

Dang it beat me to it…

1 Like

No, there was tons of discussion about it. You apparently were hiding under a rock. Some topics died down as they got debated to death or what could be said was already said.

3 Likes

Let me add some facts to that:
Most people, did, in fact quit, if you look at how the population decreased between expansions.

Thankfully, Classic is not for you. It is for those players that quit. It is for them to relive when WoW was actually fun for them.

6 Likes

Wait a minute… so because I prefer an AV that was still available DURING vanilla… classic isn’t for me?

Whew you guys are getting more ridiculous by the day

10 Likes

A quick search reveals not exactly a ton of threads for a forum that’s existed for a year and a half.

Sharding has been debated to death and we still have 11 topics in the last week. Where were all the hardcore 1.5 AV fans?

It was debated sure but in terms of it being a popular topic? It doesn’t hold a candle to guild banks, class balance, ret paladins, sharding, or loot trading.

3 Likes

It’s actually a ploy to keep live subbers subbed hoping that giving them garrison dailies and classic is enough to keep them logging into live for 5 minutes each day keeping active users up. The WoW department only has their job if they create new content, and they need to make it look like people want their new content. That’s why live subbers get it for free on the margin and returnees have to pay for a live sub. Returnees are just icing on the revenue cake.

1 Like

Some of us are only coming to Classic because for us it’s the closest possible thing to the time WoW was fun for us.

I started back in Wrath but I did not have any access to any expansion content until Crapaclysm launched. So, I’m pretty friggin’ attached to the Vanilla world and questlines and dungeons. You don’t have any right telling me or those like me if this game is for us or not. WE make that decision, not you.

BG’s are fun and all, but the real PvP for me will always be out in the world. Not beholden to some little area and objectives that allow you to “win”. Sure the rep rewards are nice and obvisouly the rank gear is good, past rank 10 at least. But otherwise, they can have AV upside down and inside out and it ain’t going to stop me from stalking ppl at Nessy or Darkshore. The thrill of getting a group of ppl together to completely nuke a quest hub and fight off everyone trying to defend it. That’s the PvP that gets my blood boiling.

What I mean to say is, I hope you still play, and if AV aint doing it for you. Catch me heading for that Stormwind raid :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Nice tinfoil hate, but classic is actually just being made to protect their IP from the laws that have passed recently and the ones that are about to pass making old games IP up for grabs if they aren’t offered on the market anymore.

1 Like

“Tinfoil hate.” I see what you did there! <3

EDIT: DAMN you corrected it. x.x

Lol that’s what my phone did =P

I put it back for you

Because you are against the AV that existed for the majority of Vanilla WoW. Because you want the AV that is analogous to the version in retail, where there is little to no PvP. Because you are ignoring and trolling the posts who have posted numerous concrete details as to why they prefer the original AV.

Also, please refrain from insulting me by calling me ridiculous. Ad hominem attacks will only earn you flags.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s against 1.5 AV. I know I’m certainly not; I’m curious as to how that one looked. I just don’t believe it’s a good idea to cry about 1.12 just because it may be the only version Blizzard has access to.