Disclaimer: I want Blizzard to restore all the NPCs, including the mine laying NPCs and Korrak. I want Blizzard to restore their original difficulty as well. I’d also like Blizzard to restore the old map but I don’t think that’s likely to happen.
The reason I’m making this post is because I’m tired of people telling others to go play BfA AV if they want 1.12 AV. I’m tired of seeing dishonest arguments because they’re not going to get us the more complete version of AV that many of us seem to want.
I keep seeing this disingenuous argument being put forth by a few posters that anyone who prefers 1.12 AV should just play BfA AV because they’re nearly identical. The only significant thing BfA AV and 1.12 AV have in common is their map and the number of NPCs.
- The NPCs in BfA AV scale with ilvl, this makes a zerg to kill the General incredibly difficult, if not impossible.
- The classes, you know; the things that we play? They’re completely different from how they were in Vanilla. You have spells like Cloak of Shadows and Herosim/Timewarp/Bloodlust.
- BfA AV has reinforcements and the mines that raise your number of reinforcements.
- We have items like Goblin Gliders. Do you remember in 1.12 AV, when the enemy would fly down on you on Goblin Gliders from the hill up by IWB? Yeah, me neither.
- 1.12 AV, like 1.5 AV had Vanilla spell batching.
TLDR; If you think 1.12 AV is just “a zerg like BfA AV”, I challenge you to go on BfA and try to convince your team to ride to the General and kill him. Try it one time, try it one hundred times; the result is going to be the same. You’ll be ignored and ridiculed for suggesting you can just zerg the General.
I’m of the opinion that 1.12 AV would be zerged more often but 1.5 AV isn’t immune to a zerg; they’ll both end more quickly as the playerbase obtains more gear. However, saying “1.12 AV is almost always a zerg just like BfA AV” is not a factual comparison, is unnecessary and actually hurts your argument because it shows you’re not willing to spend the effort to research things before you make claims.