☆ PSA: Goblin & Worgen Monks can be justified in the Lore ☆

Restrict Worgen & Goblin Monks to Exile’s Reach

Why not just make it so if you choose to play a Worgen or Goblin Monk, then at character creation you’re only given the option of going to Exile’s Reach?

This solves the problem of “monks weren’t around in Gilneas / Kezan at the time of the race’s starting area questline.”

Who’s to say a Gilnean or Kezan civilian didn’t go on to eventually train as a monk after the events of Cataclysm, and they’ve become military ready at the time of the Exile’s Reach storyline?

Exile’s Reach creates the perfect opportunity to finally bring Worgen & Goblin Monks into the fold.

7 Likes

I had this exact same idea a long time ago. I support this.

Pretty sure I’ve said that you can justify practically any race/class combo this way. Other than void elf / undead paladins, that is

The “not being there in Cata” reason isn’t really even that valid in the first place. If there was a pandaren monk on Azuremyst at the time the Exodar crashed then we can just say one sailed into Gilneas and Kezan too. Or was nearby and heard the commotion.

It’s really not that lore breaking or a big deal either way. :woman_shrugging: I’m not even sure what Blizz’s actual official reasoning was. I think there was more to it than just timing circumstances, but I don’t know.

1 Like

If Alonsus Faol can continue to be a Holy Priest within the Lore, then Undeads could certainly become paladins.

The only difference between Priests & Paladins are martial training, which Undeads already have through Warriors.

Void Elves on the other hand are a little trickier as their ranks are made up of Void Infused Blood Elves & High Elves that are learning Void magic. The High Elf portion of the Void Elf population could certainly become Paladins as their bodies aren’t infused with Void, they would be much like Discipline Priests with martial training at that point.

I made a more in depth post specifically about Void Elf Paladin lore which i’ll post below for you,

Well, I don’t see any reason to why not.

I mean if we can have Tauren Light, Undead Hunters,Undead Monks, then why not a Gobbo or Wolfie

Alonsus Faol is not a paladin, and is not evidence of anything.

If this was true they wouldn’t have declared that Anduin was still a priest, not a paladin, when bfa released.

All playable void elves are infused with void, as evidenced by their racial ability where their entire body is covered in void energies for a few seconds, enhancing their abilities.

They do not work, lorewise.

You dont even have to do this. Just add a monk trainer to their starting zones and have him say ‘yeah I was in the area, whats up?’

Thats what they did for the draenei. Their starting zone is set at the start of BC, and theres a monk trainer there who says he was exploring the island when the Exodar crashed.

Vulpera DHs can show up at Exile reach too. And gnome druids and Tauren rogue

Didn’t you make another post saying Void Elves can be paladins?

No.

Stop this crud already.

If Worgen could be Monks, my Worgen Rogue would have been a Worgen Monk instead.

As for Monks themselves, there is one thing that bothers me: Some of the “masters” in the Pandaria Monk area aren’t Pandaren. It just seems wrong to me to have non-Pandaren “masters” there to train people, as if they had been Monks for years. Yes, technically by now they have, but when you’re leveling, they should have not been.

Ya I think it would make perfect sense for a worgen to train in something that’s all about control of emotions and perfection of skill. Why not take that rage and hone it into a precise and powerful force while also learning restraint and meditation?

1 Like

Alonsus Faol is a Forsaken Holy Priest, this is evidence of everything. Long gone are the days of “Holy Priest Forsaken don’t exist they’re just there for gameplay.” Alonsus Faol debunks this.

Anduin never excelled in martial training and chose to remain a priest. Anduin wanting to remain a priest does not mean Humans are incapable of being Paladins (which they are able to ingame)

Wrong

Our Lead Narrative Designer disagrees with you. High Elves are playable through Void Elves in the same way that Wildhammer Dwarves are playable through Dwarves, and they are not Void Infused, they are simply learning Void magic similar to a Discipline Priest.

Void Elves are made up of both Void Infused Blood Elves & High Elf Wayfarers.

“There’s just one question: If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles*, how are they an Allied Race? *Where do the numbers come from?”

“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process.”

-Steve Danuser, Lead Narrative Designer for World of Warcraft