★ PSA: Void Elf Paladins are justified in the Lore ★

I think we are speaking two different languages here.

Here is the quote:

“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

The link is on the OP. First post.

Tell me what this has to do with Paladin. Don’t tell me similar interest (which is VOID) has to do with being a Paladin.

1 Like

Danusers quote is from 2019 dude. January 2019.

You know what you couldn’t do in January 2019?

Make a High Elf Alliance side.

You’re wrong.

The art directors quote was from July… and talks about a recent customization decision that they made.

It depends on which race and age demographic you ask. Our generations ages slower but the game has been made in mind with the last generation who ages faster then we do. Men look like men while we have a prolonged baby face due the advancements in the skin care industry. Only young people are obsessed with staying young, they want to identify themselves like this in their games too.

I hardly believe that. Perhaps the Kul Tiran “dad bod” model but otherwise it looks like a peak condition mary sue human being which is fine to me. Perhaps this will change with a body mass slider in the future, who knows.

Dude… :joy:

Breathe and open your mind and read, because I don’t know how many times I have said it.

We have High Elves. The very quote says it. We are not disputing that. But here, for the last time:

These High Elves are - :rainbow: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :couple_with_heart_woman_woman: studying :rainbow: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :couple_with_heart_woman_woman:- the Void! So, if they are :rainbow: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :couple_with_heart_woman_woman: studying :rainbow: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :couple_with_heart_woman_woman: the VOid, they can’t be Paladins. I don’t know how I can make the studying the Void part more clear and evident.

I don’t know how many times we can stretch this. Like I said, it’s becoming a time waste, so agree to disagree.

3 Likes

Bro i’m not tryna be a jerk but forreal step into a gym sometime (not freaking planet fitness) and take a quick look around.

You take a Male Human model and erase their spray paint muscle textures and they’re just another tubtub lard boy

That’s you man. You made it up.

Danuser is talking about making more purple elves.

It was January 2019.

Here is the announcement of skin colors that happens in MAY.

New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

It’s possible the people posting against this are actual Blizzard employees who would then be required to code this in… and maybe they’d rather argue on the forum instead of doing their job.

It happens all the time all around the world. People complaining instead of getting to work.

Void elf paladins make sense. Please add them to the game. Thank you.

2 Likes

No offense taken. Perhaps this is also a cultural difference. Let’s just agree that there are many different people out there and so on, I actually believe you in this regard because I know some people in their 60ies who look rather in their 40ies and so on. But the male human model is fine to me. Maybe they will change it in the future but it’s not the biggest problem when it comes to the looks. The male Night Elves are very awkward.

1 Like

I wish instead of additional races they’d give current races more body options tbh

I know blizz prob can’t handle sliders, but giving us body type options would be dope.

I’d love an Undead Thalassian Elf model for Forsaken, or even the Velen model for Male Draenei.

2 Likes

I like Male Night Elves. They need like… more faces that are playable. But at least there is one good one. That literally everyone uses.

You’d think Blizz would have that data, “People only use face #6. They ONLY use face #6

They should give Blood Elves an Undead button they can click that gives them a voice modulator and undead skin options…

I mean, they should do that with Void Elves too for High Elves. Turn off entropic embrace, change the nameplate.

I read the post and I had seen this post. Could you point me to the part he says “We added these skins so people can play as High Elves.” (which already had studying the Void anyway).?

I already showed you that post. Here you go. AGAIN.

Shadowlands Zones, Covenant Armor, and Character Customization Interview with Art Director Ely Cannon - Wowhead News

Danuser is talking in January about why there are more than a “Crack Squad” of Void Elves.

In May Blizzard announced that Void Elves were gonna get some skin and eye colors:

New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

In July Ely cannon said why you could do it.

2 Likes

A High Elf can be a Void Elf, but you’re a Void Elf as soon as you hit ‘Finish’ on your character select because you’re literally on a void infested plane of existence and your storyline revolves around using the void for good.

That doesn’t mean your character can’t have High Elf roots or storylines that cross-over with the Silver Covenant and Dalaran, but the void influence is a primary story aspect of your player character. You have void racial, flag, mount, aesthetic, and music.

Granted, there will be people who do not accept this, and that’s fine. But I think people need to just be real about what’s actually implemented in game, and what’s their own personal RP fantasy. At least until it actually get’s implemented, then it becomes a different story.

3 Likes

I read that. And how do this contradicts anything of what Danuser said? The point is that it was made in 2019, but this doesn’t mean in the slightest that these Elves are not the ones studying the Void or that warrants a Paladin class.

We’re on the same point, again, aside from the Paladin class.

THIS.

I just want to Roleplay as Gød

1 Like

Ok. That’s fine. but if your argument is, “Only your in game experience matters.”

Then Void Elves can be Holy Priests. So we can get Paladins. So, no problem from you there, right? Easy solution.

2 Likes

Again. Danuser states why you can make more purple Elves.

Ely Cannon says they’re giving you High Elf options to play the experience and character you want.

You’re adding an extra step and deciding, “If you’ve got fair skin, that’s because High Elf Wayfarers joined.”

Doesn’t make sense. You’ve added that step. As far as what Ely cannon says, You can just be a High Elf, end of story.

But let’s go with it. Let’s say that if you’re a fair skinned Elf, then you’re a Blood Elf or a High Elf that just joined.

Well Discipline Priests and Holy Priests exist.

So, Paladin is fine.

So, it’s a moot point.

Even if your assumption is correct, it’s pointless.

If your argument is because of the nameplate, or because of the starting zone experience, then, once again, if we’re going by in game experiences you CAN have, you can be a Void Elf Holy Priest. So, once again, moot point.

You’ve got two ways to fail the debate here. Take your pick.

2 Likes

I kinda lost track of the actual request but why does the Void Elves need to be Paladins besides a few use it in the lore and in Cataclysm? Do the Horde elf-players want to switch over to the Alliance?

People who want to play High Elves want to be able to play Paladins. Because of WoW lore and history.

Rulen Lightsreap - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Silver Hand Shieldbearer - NPC - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

There are multiple examples of High Elf Paladins.

People who want to play a spook’dorei (Void Elf) usually either don’t want Paladins or want a Void Paladin. Which is fine, for Glyphs.

but High Elf players want a normal, Light style Paladin.

The arguments against High Elf Paladins is 1: That you’re a Void Elf. You can’t change Entropic Embrace, you have to start in Telogrus Rift, You can’t change your name plate.

But that argument falls apart because if you’re arguing that the in game experience is concrete and what you see in the game is the way things are, then you can play a Void Elf Holy Priest. So… argument over. Done. Void Elf Paladins are fine.

And if you think you’re playing a High Elf, despite entropic embrace popping, the name plate not saying “Elf” like it should and starting in Telogrus Rift, and you’re accepting the Art Directors comments that you can play the character you want, then you’re also fine.

And Ion says it’s fine and being looked at. So… we’re just asking Blizzard to do it.

Got all our bases covered.

2 Likes