“A Wolf in Wolves Clothing”: Johnnybiceps Fan Fiction Chapter 3 “Anna”

“There!” Anna thought, spying a mithril vein. “That will do, that will be enough to make the stoneshield potions that will get us through Blackrock Mountain, get the experience and the gold I need for that swift yellow mechanostrider.”

Anna dismounted and began the short climb up the steep dark rock.

“Perfect too,” she thought, “That swift yellow mechanostrider will match my gear. Wait till they see me in Stormwind now! ‘Anna,’ they’ll say, ‘you look stunning!’ Ha, imagine that, me stunning.”

The Burning Steppes are known for mithril and Anna had come here for ore.

“Tink” “tink” “tink” Anna’s pickaxe fell on the vein and out popped some ore.

“Tink” “tink” “tink” and out popped another ore. Anna slipped them in her bag.

Below and behind Anna came the first faint sounds of polished metal on metal, a “clink…clink.”

Anna trembled.

Then, closer, “clink….“clink”, closer, “CLink”…“CLink”, and closer - right behind her - , “CLINK….CLINK”.

A shadow had cast itself over her small body. A jagged shadow, a large dark jagged shadow, broad and black.

Anna knew. She moved her hands to her dagger handles. “This is it” she thought, “This is it. Do or die, There is no running.” She breathed a deep breath, whirled around and drew daggers.

A large axe blade descended through her head. Critical hit. Anna, cleft from forehead to chin, fell dead. Her skull split in two. Her small body limply tumbled down the steep bank and settled near her mechanostrider. Her white delicate hot brains spilled.

Johnnybiceps stooped on one knee, rummaged through her gear; took the mithril, took the daggers, left the gold.

Then dawn, which gives life to man, broke over the eastern horizon illuminating the scene: a large hulking figure bent over the broken body of a young woman, beside them a mechanostrider stood riderless.

Conquest or cruelty: who in Azeroth would ask?

Stay tuned for Chapter 4 “The Party” to be released July 4th, 9am!

Read Chapter 1 “The Burning Burning Burning Steppes” here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grobbulus/comments/h86om7/a_wolf_in_wolves_clothing_johnnybiceps_fan/

Read Chapter 2 “The Domestic Life of Johnnybiceps (Part I)” here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grobbulus/comments/hcmwfw/a_wolf_in_wolves_clothing_johnnybiceps_fan/