Why was my account suspended for 3 days?

The e-mail is very vague, and says I was suspended because:

Violation: Disruptive Gameplay

Your fellow players reported you for a gameplay offense that is in violation of the Blizzard EULA and/or Code of Conduct.

I genuinely haven’t got a clue as to how this came to be; I’m not the type of person that disrupts peoples’ gameplay, I’m the type that hands out buffs and even helps the opposite faction with their quest progression. I tried making a ticket to appeal the suspension (and accidentally made more than one since I’m rather sleep deprived, apologies for that) but both tickets ended up with “error please try elsewhere”.

If I’m wrong, then I’m wrong… but I’d just like some more information, please, since the e-mail didn’t specify anything. Plus, the last time I was given an account punishment, it was actually 100% incorrect (claimed I was hacking… despite having never done so, with the GMs admitting they were wrong to hand out a punishment).

Regards,
Uvikra

From what I can see, Uvikra, you had inappropriate content in your TRP3 profile. The content that you have as part of your profile in that addon is subject to our Code of Conduct.

Sorry for the confusion with the category. These investigations are done a bit differently from normal chat violations so they aren’t categorized the same. That means they get “disruptive gameplay” instead of the normal social category you’d get for chat.

4 Likes

Really? I make sure to never have anything in my profile that would go against ToS or Code of Conduct, I’m not sure what would have even been reportable. I appreciate the reply, but I’m still very confused.

1 Like

If I had to guess it would have been the activities after “kiss me…” .

3 Likes

As far as I can recall, I don’t have anything like that in any of my profiles.
Do you know what Class/Race the character was?
Apologies for the further questions, but this is still eluding me.

1 Like

Your level 50 Blood Elf Paladin. You might want to check that when you get a chance, there are certainly elements to that one that is more than a little inappropriate from what I can see in the logs.

And happy to help when I can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have a level 50 Blood Elf Paladin on my main account.

I have two on my second account, but I just checked both of them to be sure and… neither of them have anything of that sort in their TRP3 profiles.

I think there’s been a mistake.

2 Likes

The mistake appears to be mine. I was looking at a report you made, not a report about you. Sorry about that.

Yours is the level 16 Goblin Shaman. Something about "Wandering the world waiting… ".

1 Like

I also do not have a level16 Goblin Shaman; that is actually a report I made last night about somebody else.

Among other things, I have learned I can’t read addon logs. O.o

I would submit an appeal then, Uvikra. It looks like the last ones you tried to submit didn’t go through.

11 Likes

I appreciate the honesty, and thank you for your time.

Every appeal I attempt to submit just says “an error occurred, try again” and automatically “resolves” itself with no reply or action taken.

Oops! It looks like something went wrong.

We could not complete your request. Please try again or submit a support ticket if the problem persists.

1 Like

There was a bug with tickets that I don’t know has been sorted out.

Try making a ticket that just says “Test” and then going back and editing it if it takes the test ticket.

3 Likes

Thank you both; I’m typing up a manual ticket now.

EDIT 05/18/2022: Was solved a few hours after I submitted the ticket; suspension was found to be applied to the wrong account (ie mine), and was thus lifted upon the ticket being answered. Hooray!

12 Likes