Using Creation Catalyst on High Speed Gauntlets removes the speed

I received High Speed Gauntlets from a mythic plus today and used the Creation Catalyst to turn them into tier since they had speed on them, but it removed the speed stat once they converted into tier. Due to the nature of the Speed stat on the High Speed Gauntlets from Mechagon I’m not sure if this is a bug, oversight, or intended, but it does run counter to the expectation of tertiary stats interaction with the Creation Catalyst from the last tier.

10 Likes

I’ve had this exact same problem converting plate gloves out of Lower Kharazan. Had speed on them, as well. This definitely sounds like a bug

1 Like

Had the exact same thing happen.

1 Like

Well the speed is part of the gauntlets themselves and not an actual added proc. Unless the gauntlet procced speed on top of the speed (I’ve seen it happen before on a different item), it would be expected to lose its speed.

High Speed Gauntlets… get it? Also Self-Repairing Cuisses would lose indestructible. Mechagon loot was so much fun.

I would say this is an oversight as the speed stat on those gloves are not random but instead are placed on the item intentionally. Therefore it would not be considered a “tertiary stat” in the code as it did not come from a random proc.

I hope they are looking to restore the item proper to those people that used it. I am also in the same predicament with the high speed gaunlets to transfering the speed stat to the tier set piece. Clearly not working as advertised in the website.

@blizzard please restore our items. Would be very nice of you to help us out.

Seriously, the speed is part of the item. Tertiary procs are carried over, but these are “High SPEED Gauntlets (heh get it)” so there was no Tertiary proc, unless the gauntlet procs speed on top of that speed that it ALWAYS HAS (can happen). And even then, only the procced speed would be kept.

1 Like

I have this happened to me on my weekly vault. If I had known that the speed would not be carried over I’d rather choose something else from the vault.

I just did the same thing, and found this article to explain :frowning:

The Creation Catalyst will not remove tertiary stats on an item. Gear that drops, which gained a bonus stat, is considered a tertiary stat and will carry over when used in the Catalyst. However, stats which are innately built into the original item, such as Speed on High Speed Gauntlets or Indestructible on Disintegration-Proof Waistband will be removed.